Vaping/EJuice/Electronic Cigarette Thread

El Mistique

• Paid Members

People using them in the office pisses me off, because some of them really do stink. Yes, we know you're not actually "smoking", but you weren't allowed to smoke at your desk before the workplace smoking ban, so you shouldn't be vaping now.

See, on the contrary, i've found a whole gang of piss takers on these are STILL taking cigarette breaks with their mates. That makes me far angrier.

The whole premise of "smoke breaks" pisses me off. I'm not talking about going out and having a smoke during tea/lunch breaks. I'm talking about the ones that are out 2/3 times having a smoke in the morning and then in the afternoon on top of their breaks. Why is it deemed acceptable? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be acceptable for me to decide I wanted to stop working for internet or book reading breaks.

Ive always wondered if anyone has taken up the habit of using vapours/e-cigs having never smoked a cigarette in their lives?

I think this will be the case with a lot of schoolkids although I expect that most of the ones who take up smoking e-cigs would have ended up smoking anyway. Even then I guess most of those would have smoked at least some of a cigarette before.

Edit - These people need to be pronouncing their words clearly when they ask people if they want to go vaping. 

• Paid Members

People using them in the office pisses me off, because some of them really do stink. Yes, we know you're not actually "smoking", but you weren't allowed to smoke at your desk before the workplace smoking ban, so you shouldn't be vaping now.

See, on the contrary, i've found a whole gang of piss takers on these are STILL taking cigarette breaks with their mates. That makes me far angrier.

The whole premise of "smoke breaks" pisses me off. I'm not talking about going out and having a smoke during tea/lunch breaks. I'm talking about the ones that are out 2/3 times having a smoke in the morning and then in the afternoon on top of their breaks. Why is it deemed acceptable? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be acceptable for me to decide I wanted to stop working for internet or book reading breaks.

Do you pay their wages? If not, it's not really any of your business, is it? Go take a five minute walk around every time someone goes for a fag break if it really bothers you.

I know, in my case, I'm *supposed* to take five minutes away from my screen at least once an hour. Surely the same goes for anyone working in an office?

EDIT: Sounded a bit dickish the way I put that which was not intended.

/snip

Do you pay their wages? If not, it's not really any of your business, is it? Go take a five minute walk around every time someone goes for a fag break if it really bothers you.

I know, in my case, I'm *supposed* to take five minutes away from my screen at least once an hour. Surely the same goes for anyone working in an office?

I used to do this in one of my old jobs. One of the smokers from a different department used to 'round up' a few of the others at smoke time and we used to walk up the road and I'd go and get a coffee or something from the shop while they stood outside puffing. Worked quite well. In the same job a few years later I had a manager who took long smoke breaks (by long I mean 20-30 minutes. I don't smoke but that seems long to me) so when he left his desk we all downed tools until he got back - coffee/fantasy football/ukff time mainly.  We were challenged once by a senior manager but said we were having a 'smoke' break and that was the end of it.  Looking back on it I don't think I'd recommend it as an approach but it was fun at the time.

EDIT: that quote was far too long

• Paid Members

No, I don't pay their wages. But the same company pays my wages and when there is complete hypocrisy it's pretty frustrating.

Maybe I've just had problems with cunts in the past maybe and I'm being a bit too harsh.

• Paid Members

I never drink tea or coffee, and I'd smoke a fag in the time it'd take a person to make a brew and be away from work every time the sipped at it.

As for e-cigs, I'm on VIPs menthols and they're working for me. I only use it when others in my office are nipping out for a fag and a use it with them smoking.

Quitting nicotine has never been the problem for me, it's the habitual need and craving, as in before I start work, walking back from 100m to 200m on qualification ranges and the like. Ecigs let me keep that up for much less cost. And I think I'll be confident in going cold turkey when my last batch runs out!

Archived