It's National Pro Wrestling Day!

diamond_dust

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit at first glance I thought that but then realised that theres a decent amount of top level indy names on there and it is a free entry event so a big chunk of the money a normal show would get to pay talent is removed already, of course they will want to see some profit from the event (hence the iPPV) so all things considered it still looks good value.

• Paid Members

All Sounds a bit shite, really. They could easily have brought in Syxx-Pac, the Steiners or Nash. There must be a few other bigger names floating around who could've upped the attendance, surely?

Should definitely have brought in Flair - if you're going to market an event as a celebration of pro-wrestling, there's not really much excuse not to bring in one of the biggest names ever, whose name is immediately identifiable with pro-wrestling, when he's available as a free agent.

Who the hell is name all these companies? One of them being named "Wrestling is..." is bad enough, let alone four of them!

Wrestling Is FUN is basically a even smaller version of Chikara. Run by the same guys. At least from what I can gather. Kid's go free to the event's with parents paying. That's the big market thing and it's very colourful. (DOS Ice Cream ETC)

• Paid Members
Who the hell is name all these companies? One of them being named "Wrestling is..." is bad enough, let alone four of them!

Wrestling Is FUN is basically a even smaller version of Chikara. Run by the same guys. At least from what I can gather. Kid's go free to the event's with parents paying. That's the big market thing and it's very colourful. (DOS Ice Cream ETC)

That actually sounds like a great idea.

That actually sounds like a great idea.

I thought so too - just think the names a little weak.

So did anyone take a chance on this? Thoughts now the afternoon cards done?

Take out the full blown gimmick CHIKARA at its worst Dr Cube match and its been a great show so far. Quack/Colt was a decent little match. I haven't seen much of Colt over the last year + and he's starting to look old now and he's piled on some weight. The Briscoe's v SCUM was a solid match to open to show with but Gulak vs O'Rouke was an awesome match that reminded me of what RoH used to be. They should bring those in for matches with Davey and try bringing back some of the older fans. Scorpio is still impressive as hell. The guys almost 50 and can still hit a perfect 450. The other match that stood out was the 2nd 4 way. Only being familiar with ACH I was nicely suprised by Surfer Mitch and Bolt Bradley. The only downside for me so far is that because I'm fighting with that bug thats going round and the only time my throat doesn't feel like shit is when I have a hot drink I'm missing a fair few bits to run downstairs to the kettle every 20 minutes.

So by National Pro Wrestling Day, they actually mean Marginal Indies Hoping To Flog A Couple Of DVDs Day.

That's what pro-wrestling in the U.S. is in 2013.

A massive global conglomerate in WWE. A distant number 2 in TNA. A glorified indy in ROH. And hundreds of tiny promotions nationwide.

Archived