I can imagine Hogan's contract is as one-sided as his WCW contract seemed to be. I'd love to see that bad boy!

If TNA had any sense it would negotiate a drop in pay and/or suggest a myriad of other opportunities for Hogan to earn more money for them and himself. For example, they promote the "Hogan and Friends" shows, find new marketing opportunities, etc meaning both parties are incentivised.

• Paid Members

Hogan isn't Sting, Dixie can't guilt trip the bloke into signing a new deal. Hogan is the Garry Kasparov of wrestling, he always seems to be ahead of everybody, thinking of the next move, and is brilliant at getting the most out of anything.

Another possibility is Hogan and Bischoff raising funds to buy TNA; they're both aware that you can print money running a steady wrestling show that has fans that occasionally buy the stuff your selling.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

Another possibility is Hogan and Bischoff raising funds to buy TNA; they're both aware that you can print money running a steady wrestling show that has fans that occasionally buy the stuff your selling.

In this situation I can imagine El Tel giving Easy E the "we, us, our" promotion chat, then when there was something in writing it would be "your promotion will be great brother".

In this situation I can imagine El Tel giving Easy E the "we, us, our" promotion chat, then when there was something in writing it would be "your promotion will be great brother".

Bischoff's hogans business manager isn't he? So he'd do the deal for him and ensure he was financially involved to a extent surely?

• Paid Members

That isn't happening. Both are aware there's a 99% chance of massive failure in the current climate. They'd be daft to buy TNA. Hogan and Bischoff aren't putting any of their own money into it, and I dont think either has confidence in their own ideas to make a success of it without a money mark you could easily con for years (like Dixie). They are in it for themselves, so buying it just isn't a possibility. If they could raise the funds to buy TNA, they wouldn't have been in TNA to start with. They tried all that. They'd have started their own promotion like they said they were going to in 2008/09. They'll wait for a money mark to take over TNA and there's only Bischoff who has the salesmanship to blag his way into the position of president and only Hogan who people know in the TV world. So if Spike take it over or some rich bloke in power, chances are they'd be the heads of it. The "I'm starting my own promotion" is just a power play Hogan has used since 1993. It's never came close to happening.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I don't expect Hogan and Bischoff to pump stupid money into it. I'd imagine they would be looking for backers and taking a percentage for running things, like Bischoff was trying to do with Fusient Media.

Bischoff is a entrepreneur and I just can't imagine he's not arranging meetings, trying to get some deal together, whether or not it comes to anything is another matter. TNA have TV on a good station, which Bischoff has always said is a big reason why he hasn't started a new company, because good TV time is vital and hard to get.

Also, I think the margin is off a little with 99% failure rating. They can be smart about this and both earn some tidy money without going down the current route of pissing away money. TNA were supposedly paying off their debt before they decided to expand past the Impact Zone.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

You have to piss away money if you are buying a promotion. Especially a one with no assets or revenue streams. If you buy TNA, you are picking up nothing, outside of the Spike deal. And Bischoff is on a high six figure income as it is, so he's getting his money without having any ownership in it. Bischoff buying it would make absolutely zero sense. It isn't 2001 anymore. Its the hardest time in history to try and make money in wrestling. WWE has almost all of the market and everyone else is feeding off scraps. Its going to take patience and a long term commitment to make money in the current climate. You have to build names and create your own cult like promotion where the fans are so loyal, they will buy anything from you just to support you. And that isn't Hogan and Bischoff's mentality. They aren't daft. They've picked at TNA like Homer's doughnut head for years. Bischoff isn't an entrepreneur. He's a salesman. He ships shows and ideas out to TV networks and he moves onto the next thing. This is his role in TNA. He sells Spike a bill of goods and goes back to TNA saying "job done". Bischoff's main focus is his production company, and that production company has been strengthened by his relationship with Spike. He works all week in his production companies offices and does TNA when he can fit it in. I can't see him in his late 50s going back to the 20 hour days of running a wrestling promotion.

I know this sounds like a total internet clich

• Paid Members
That isn't happening.

I was sure a reliable poster had suggested this was happening.... wait a minute....

http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2543829

Some chap called Ian ;) Quoting Mark Madden tbf, perhaps not the most reliable source!

That's probably what is going to happen, though. Spike buys it and puts Bischoff in charge. That is what I'm suggesting is the most likely scenario.

Amazing to think this was suggest 18 months ago, though. I wonder where things would be now, if it would have happened then.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that several other scenarios are more likely, but Bischoff/Hogan being part of a group that buys the company could be a consistent earner for both men, until Spike decide they don't want wrestling.

TNA is a consistent earner for both men. It'd probably be easier (and safer) for Hogan and Bischoff to convince whoever owns TNA next to pay them stupid money than it would be to join a consortium that buys TNA. They know full well that if their earnings are dependent on a company's actual income, they'd have to put a lot more work into that company.

So, this happened too, supposedly...

1374157_10151767615096026_741059367_n.jpg

Here's the latest outpourings of grief from the Hulkamaniacs on the TNA Facebook of condolence:

"Dixie is so clueless.. sure she's not a McMahon? :p"

"News flash dixe Hogan quite so u can't fire him"

"Ok Hogan Quits AJ has no contract and the Knockouts are loosing air time what else is going to happen"

"we need to see Dixie carter fired also she suck as pres of tna the best theing is a good job on her knees she has the lips for it"

"Makes me wonder if this was a ploy with Hulk and Vince all along to run TNA down,thinks back to a certain Hulk Knows Best Episode,where he got offered a 10 year contract from Vince,before he joined."

"TNA had such potential until Hogan Bischoff and Russo screwed the.pooch just like they did.with WCW. Jeff Jarrett and his Dad.must be sick.to.their.stomachs"

"I will never understand why morons follow Dixie, all the while having wet dreams of Vince buying the company.

If I ever have to witness that again, I'll be done with wrestling for good. I despise the WWE. It's a fn kids show for Christs sake. Is that what people want? No alternative, just the moronic McMahon show?"

"Good, he ruined your wrestling. Him and Eric Piss-off"

"I remember wcw taking over in ratings and hogan reinventing himself with nWo."

"That's why WWE ITS BETTER cuss Dixie doesn't know THE BUSINESS."

So what next for Hogan?

"It will be good to see the hulkster back in WWE with the ultimate warrior at the 2014 royal rumble"

"Now! Hogan is off to the WWE to face his clone John Cena @ WrestleMania30!"

And TNA?

"Jeff Jarrett and the 6 sides of steel.. Maybe now TNA won't lose so much money"

"Dixie, you still suck. Go ahead and leave wrestling forever, give it back to Jeff Jarrett, let Jim Cornette come back and run creative. Thats when TNA was at its best and people cared. No one has cared what TNA has done since you walked in the doors. Follow in Hogan's footsteps Dixie."

"The moment Dixie carter and hulk hogan came in it went down hill....bring back the six sided ring ...bring back the x division guys...bring back the king of the mountain match"

"please dixie do us all and favor and leave the business you have no clue about. your on tv character is just plain stupid. the people that should run a wrestling business are the ones in the business for years, not one that daddy bought for her because she needed something to take off her failed daytime tv role"

And Sting?

"Please sting come to wwe and give us taker vs sting now ia the only time to do it"

Edited by Forrest