Jump to content

  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

promo_zps1e8b8ef3.png

 

Which of these promos was the best of 2012?

 

- Big Show's pipebomb to Punk

 

-

 

- Daniel Bryan interrupts the Rock and Punk after his failed wedding on Raw 1000

 

-

(I can't find this one, except for an off-air promo. If you nominated this promo, please link me to a video so that I can link to it here. Thanks!)

 

-

 

- John Cena revealing that the Rock has bullet points on his wrist

 

- John Cena alongside Bret Hart against Punk

 

-

 

-

Edited by Ronnie
  • Paid Members
Posted

Ahhh, i was looking forward to what promo would feature in the picture. :(

 

Some cracking choices here though - Danny Bry at Raw 1000, Bray Wyatts introduction, Big Shows Pipe Bomb and The Cena/Punk/Bret pre Night of Champions promo were all fabulous. The others deserve some props but, it's the latter for me here.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I believe that the off-air promo is the one they're referring to, if it helps.

Thanks!

 

Ahhh, i was looking forward to what promo would feature in the picture. :(

It was going to be a collage of Flair's "my shoes cost more than your house ... I don't know what that cost but I'd be ashamed to wear it!" and Rock's promo on Billy Gunn prior to Summerslam 99, but I couldn't find an obvious image of the latter. Outside of those I was singularly lacking in imagination :(

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Ditto SOC. Just watched it again, Cena getting angry gave me chills. I remember I loved it so much because I used to hate it when he'd end his promos with "but I will KICK... YOUR... ASS!" every single month in 2006, and this was like a call-back to that, as if to say "Just look how far I've come". Cena's the fucking best on the mic when he's on form, and this is that all over. Playing to the crowd with some slick French, then getting all fiery and passionate when Punk finally pisses him off... perfect. Great promo, and the match lived up to it all the way.

Edited by Up Chuck
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
It was going to be a collage of Flair's "my shoes cost more than your house ... I don't know what that cost but I'd be ashamed to wear it!"

 

GOD, I used to love Flair. My favourites of his were the ones that weren't the catchphrases that he repeated ad nauseum long past anything to do with him being "The Man" actually ringing true, but the little lines that just came to him, he said once, forgot about and moved on. My favourite without doubt was "Diamonds are forever... and so is Ric Flair."

 

I've gone for Thuganomics. It resonated with me. It was edgy ("I'm like a big purple pinwheel Rock, go ahead and blow me") without going too far, proving beyond the point of tedious debate that "PG" doesn't have to mean "lame and childish." It had enough aggression and realism to strike a chord, and made salient points that actually made me want him to win at 'Mania. Cena came across, ironically, as much more of a "real" character than he usually does bouncing around smiling, acting goofy and speaking in that strange forced over-acting manner he usually does. I say ironically because even in his faux rapper persona, he spoke directly to his enemy in a serious tone, without lame pandering to a crowd that usually at least half boos him anyway, and came across to me as a serious big time wrestler, rather than an idiot like he usually does. A notable exception was the other great promo of his on Rock, the night after Elimination Chamber which I imagine will garner more votes in this poll, but I think it's the words themselves which caused me to vote for Thuganomics more than any factor.

 

The People's Champ? He's never with the people. Rock, your words are see-through.

You imitate me every time you leave, for seven years we couldn't see you.

 

You're the WrestleMania host, Rock. That's your role, know it.

You tell these people that you love 'em, I'm here every week to show it.

Edited by air_raid
  • Paid Members
Posted
Ahhh, i was looking forward to what promo would feature in the picture. :(

It was going to be a collage of Flair's "my shoes cost more than your house ... I don't know what that cost but I'd be ashamed to wear it!" and Rock's promo on Billy Gunn prior to Summerslam 99, but I couldn't find an obvious image of the latter. Outside of those I was singularly lacking in imagination :(

 

I was anticipating Austin 3:16 to be honest!

  • Paid Members
Posted

He is, isn't he? I mean he turns out plenty of dross, too, but when he's on his game, nobody can touch him.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
He is, isn't he? I mean he turns out plenty of dross, too, but when he's on his game, nobody can see him.

 

Made a slight alteration to your post. Come on Chuck, it was right in front of you!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I realise a lot of this forum has a bizarre hard-on for Cena but why the hell wasn't Punk nominated? :confused: Easily the best promo guy in the business. For Cena to have 4 nominations while Punk has none is almost reverse Fin Martin-esque.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's because even though Punk has a load of fans here (just look at his commanding lead as heel of the year, even though nobody in the thread has mentioned him and he got under half the nominations that the most popular heel received), the group of people who took the time and effort to submit nominations weren't that taken with him. He received only two nominations for best promo: one for the week after he turned heel, and another for his promo with Laurinitis at the unveiling of the WWE 13 cover. Had his clearly large UKFF fanbase added some nominations, he'd have stood an easy chance at getting on the ballot, since two of the items on it received only two nominations apiece and another two received only three.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...