Jump to content

  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've voted for anger management as it was funny but also because in the hands of lesser talents it could have been dreadful and one of those 'forgotton about and ignored' episodes that frequently happen.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I went for Joseph Park's performance against Bully Ray, although like HG am happy if any of those win it. I was just shocked that Abyss COULD actually be entertaining and, not just that, but one of the highlights of the year for me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Having Daniel Bryan 'in a number of roles' seems to give him a bit of an advantage in the poll, as his performances throughout the entire year were fantastic, but I ended up voting for the individual performance of Joseph Park at Slammiversary. I thought the execution of his character in that match was perfect and the unique nature of the angle made for compelling viewing. Not everyday you watch an experienced pro play the part of a non-wrestler, is it?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Having Daniel Bryan 'in a number of roles' seems to give him a bit of an advantage in the poll, as his performances throughout the entire year were fantastic

I agree with this. I think the lesson learned for next time is to ask for precision in this category but enough people wrote a version of "Daniel Bryan all year" that I couldn't leave it off the ballot. Mind you, that could also work to his disadvantage because asking people to nominate a specific performance could spread his votes too thinly for any to make the ballot. I try to be sensible where I can to avoid something like that happening, so "Cena's 'I should say I respect The Rock - I don't'" and "Cena's promos in the build-up to WM" were merged into the same category. It's not a perfect system but I don't see another way around it.

Posted

Heath slater being on there is a travesty.

 

Gotta go for Michael cole there. I don't really like him, but holding it together like that was amazing

  • Paid Members
Posted

Having that option for Bryan really does feel like it misses the point of the poll by being so broad and generic.

 

I'd have pushed for something more specific or left it off myself.

Posted

The Daniel Bryan and Kane skits, particularly all the ones with Dr Shelby. Like Jaffa said they could easily have been standard Raw comedy filler but they made the most out of their time, turned it into some of the best WWE comedy in years and used it to get themselves over/stay over in the process.

 

"Cena's 'I should say I respect The Rock - I don't'"

 

I liked that as well. Thought it was interesting that promo led to his "Dwayne Johnson has earned my respect" one the night after WrestleMania. All that "I want The Rock to know that I consider him an inspiration", "he was the better man at WrestleMania" stuff makes me think they will have to do a totally different build up this year.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
Heath slater being on there is a travesty.

 

Not really. It wasn't perfect, sure, but those nostalgia segments were a highlight of RAW for a number of weeks, with a great payoff at RAW1000, and there are very few on the roster who could have performed Slater's role better than Slater himself. Therefore, it was a great performance by him - hence the nomination...

 

EDIT: Not that it matters seeing as he's coming last anyway.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm amazed there's so little love for Joseph Park to be honest. For me, he's been one of the freshest and entertaining things on Impact this year.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Heath slater being on there is a travesty.

 

Not really. It wasn't perfect, sure, but those nostalgia segments were a highlight of RAW for a number of weeks, with a great payoff at RAW1000, and there are very few on the roster who could have performed Slater's role better than Slater himself. Therefore, it was a great performance by him - hence the nomination...

 

EDIT: Not that it matters seeing as he's coming last anyway.

 

Heath Slater's been great. Quite a bump machine too and I've enjoyed some of his recent TV outings with the likes of Miz and Orton where he's actually been very animated in the ring. 3MB works just fine as a silly comedy heel group.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...