The Left Side

goldeneye86

• Paid Members
It's a simple matter of safety as well. For example, if you're gonna get hit with a big clothesline, you know that they're gonna hit you with their left arm and can (a) position yourselves correctly and (b) know what to expect. Otherwise, as well as looking stupid because you're well out of position, you could clash heads, land badly etc.

Dean.

I'm no expert, well I'm a spaz lets face it, but If I'm getting knocked down by something shouldn't it not matter, its all much of a muchness with a line surely, and the person swinging to be the one to pick a side to keep it safe. Otherwise you get that really shitty thing where people get whipped off the ropes and suddenly start veering when they run back at the person. God I hate to see that.

I assume it's different if its part of some fancy technical shit or whatever, but just knocking some one down with a line must be a piece of piss, you get a knock in the pecks and fall over.

• Paid Members
Yep, that's all there is to it. Well that's all the wrestling schools' secret out! The scam is up!

There's no need to be facetious about it is there? What happened to you man, you used to be cool.

I openly admit there's bound to be more to it outside the incredibly simplistic example you started with. My point is more on your poor paradigm, rather than any knock on Britwres~.

But feel free to continue to be a cock about it.

• Paid Members
Yep, that's all there is to it. Well that's all the wrestling schools' secret out! The scam is up!

There's no need to be facetious about it is there? What happened to you man, you used to be cool.

I openly admit there's bound to be more to it outside the incredibly simplistic example you started with. My point is more on your poor paradigm, rather than any knock on Britwres~.

But feel free to continue to be a cock about it.

I think the response was more to your last sentence rather than your post as a whole, but may have been a bit of an over zealous response given the circumstance.

• Awards Moderator
In the event of a mishap, do you want to be mistakenly hit with the inside of somebody's forearm, or mistakenly hit with somebody's shoulder and chest?

I seem to remember a SmackDown match between Hardcore Holly and DDP where a clothesline went wrong, and I'm sure there was an impression of DDP's face moulded into the inside of Holly's forearm from the impact. There was a superplex that went a bit wrong as well, I think.

DDP's last WWE match, if I recall?

Archived