Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Another thing I forgot to mention was how loud he talked. He would start low then graduate louder and louder then go quieter then go louder as well.

Here's how it would go. No caps = quiet. CAPS = loud.

"Steve, blah blah blah blah blah, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, and Steve, blah blah blah blah, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, blah blah blah."

I can understand it when he's really passionate about something, we're all probably done it. But he does this for virtually every question he's asked.

Like a good Art of Wrestling, the Jericho podcast with Heyman and Edge is brilliant despite its host. Heyman is absolutely phenomenal on these things, and actually very likeable compared to previous times when he was a bit overbearing. He seems a lot more at peace with his role these days which makes him a better interview. Mind, he's bullshitting about why he doesn't reminisce about ECW. 'I don't ever look back', he says, before spending twenty minutes with his dick in his hand going over the minutae of the Smackdown Six era. He seemed a bit in denial about it all towards the end of the Rise and Fall DVD too. Still a sore point I reckon.

I know I complained about the part one interview with Russo on Stone Cold's podcast but I'm currently listening to part 2 because, well, I just can't resist.

Anyway what I'm gonna' say has nothing to do really to do with Russo being a poor guest (well, sort of anyway).

I just wanna' say Austin is one of the best interviewers. He's made such a great transition from his wrestling days to his now podcast days. Austin is willing to challenge people's ideas and philosphies about professional wrestling.

For example: When I was listening to him interview Court Bauer, he brought up the conversation about comedy in professional wrestling, or something along those lines, and he basically turned round and said something along the lines of "Why is that? Is wrestling supposed to be funny?". He totally challenged a writer who probably was responsible for some of the poor tasting comedy during the shows and Court, I think, stumbled through his answer because he was being challenged.

Well, Austin just did it again and in tremendous style.

He asked Russo if three hours were too long and Russo describes why three hours is too long and how WWE are sending mixed messages with their PG rating. He says that, that is where the main problem with today's WWE is. Austin then asks what Russo would do if he were there. Russo goes "it's all business and whatever makes Vince the most money" and talks basically just talks about how they need to go back to the attitude era - he didn't actually say that but it's the jist of what he's saying because the kids are asleep and adults are watching TV at that time and they need to compete with their competition at that time.

Austin replies: "Shouldn't it be about professional wrestling and not trying to entertain everybody under the sun?"

Love it. Russo hilariously then tries to spin it by saying: "You can't entertain everybody" which Austin replies with: "That's what I'M SAYING!" Russo just repeats it again: "You can't entertain everyone". Austin then goes: "But shouldn't you be true to who and what you are, and that is professional wrestling?"

Russo just agrees by saying: "Yes, I agree with you." Austin continues to point out his view to which Russo just agrees with everything.

It's obvious, because he's said it in past interviews, that Russo doesn't believe in wrestling during a weekly show, he obviously believes in the "entertainment" part. Obviously everyone differs from opinion but it's the fact that he's finally been challenged by someone about it that makes it so great to listen to.

Austin's podcast is definitely the best one going today.

I quite liked the Russo interview, bar the shouting. Sure he talks nonsense at times but that's part of it. Did feel sorry for him over the Owen thing though, people like Cornette really shouldn't be aiming the blame at him for him dying.

Heyman killed again on Jericho. Plus it was good to hear Edge shit on a few people.

The Vince Russo 'southerners/slow speech' thing was ironic to say the least. Did anyone notice how.....slow....Russo....spoke....at....times?

As for Austin, I really do enjoy the shows and find myself chuckling at some of the things he says including his non-wrestling rants (rats, tomato plants etc). I saw on this thread a few weeks ago people complaining about that but it's not just the wrestling-related interviews that make the show what it is...the extra stuff is the like a side order that come with the steak.

Only gripe I have with Austin is he's a little excessive with his interrupting as he tries to fine tune a point or if he wants the interviewee to go down the line of discussion he wants it to go down. He admits he is long-winded about how he asks something at times but then proceeds to butt in once his guest starts talking.

JR is a little similar with that. Plus, his thoughts of the week are getting very repetitive....nobody's a heel, Bray Wyatt's direction, TNA creative, ROH wrestlers need to slow down and so on.

I'm listening to Jericho less and less as his shouting and all-round OTT delivery is really grating....although I do have a number of them still saved as the guests he's got appeal to me.

I don't mind Jericho's interviews, I just can't stand him as the host when he is doing "comedy". It's brutally bad. In fact, I can't even describe how fucking bad it is. I get that he's having a chuckle to himself and a good time, so fair play, but it's instant forward wind material on my iPhone.

Listened to both parts of the Russo podcast today and god what an annoying bellend. Just felt like it was constant B/S he was speaking, fully agree with the comments of him shouting and slow talking but what pissed me off most was him banging on the table.

Loved the jericho, edge and Heyman podcast and loved the Brock Lesnar part, brocks a guy I'd kill to listen to on austins podcast , hell of a life story and seems like am interesting guy.

Anyone tried goldbergs podcast yet? Is it worth a listen?