RevPro Uprising Weekender, October 13-14, Sittingbourne - TIX ON SALE

Andy

CBM- While I don't share your irrational hatred of Lion Kid, I agree totally about the lack of reaction to getting chopped, it just looked incongruous compared to the other two in the ring making it look like they were really suffering. It's a shame, as in terms of wrestling ability, he's spot on.Edit: Also, the woman in hotpants was hilarious. Fully hope she's there again tonight, provided she's on the opposite side from me again. Any closer and I'd be frightened of falling in.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

CBM- While I don't share your irrational hatred of Lion Kid, I agree totally about the lack of reaction to getting chopped, it just looked incongruous compared to the other two in the ring making it look like they were really suffering. It's a shame, as in terms of wrestling ability, he's spot on.Edit: Also, the woman in hotpants was hilarious. Fully hope she's there again tonight, provided she's on the opposite side from me again. Any closer and I'd be frightened of falling in.

She was very entertaining ;)

I thought another strong showing , just goes to show that when you have a roster as strong as revpro that even when you lose guys you still have an amazing show. Main event was awesome . As a promoter myself I really feel for Andy as he has had so much bad luck but credit where credit is due he still pulled this out the bag which is why he is the no1 promoter in the uk ! Hope that there is a better turn out tonight as the show deserves it .

Not sure the highlighted part is correct, but you're entitled to your opinion.

My text to my mate after the show was, "Good wrestling, flat atmosphere."

Just to say about Lion Kid selling, now even though i didn't see him in a good match against Stixx at Progress he did sell the continued attack on his leg at the show

Was that when he slipped doing a spiringboard move and then sold the leg to cover it?

• Paid Members

Night Two is underway, here's what's going down:

- Mark Haskins & Martin Kirby & Kris Travis beat El Ligero & MK McKinnan & The Lion Kid in 18:18, Haskins pinning Ligero with the Cradle 2 The Grave. Gadge is there again, and says "Opening six man was really good here, this show feels much more like Sittingbourne regulars have come to expect". Haskins had cut a pre-match promo about not being in the main events, and Project Ego vs. LDRS for the tag titles has been announced for the return on 2 December.

- Terry Frazier beat T-Bone in 8:29 with the Rock Bottom. "Intense. Shoulders weren't down at the end, though". Oooookay.... Afterwards, Andy Boy Simmonz brought out Big Van Walter, who destroyed Frazier.

- Big Van Walter pinned El Generico in 10:19 with a powerbomb. "You won't find a better ten minute match than that". Walter continued the beat down on Generico afterwards, until Dave Mastiff made the save and Walter bailed.

- That brought the first half to a close. On thoughts so far and in comparison to last night, Gadge says "Aside from the main event, can we forget last night ever happened and stick to Sundays in Sittingbourne from now on?"

- Second half started with The London Riots beating The Hooligans in 10:31 after a hub-cap shot. "Total brawl, not a wrestling match, but mental".

- Sha Samuels defeated Dave Mastiff to retain the RevPro British Heavyweight Title in 18:31 following much interference from T-Bone. I must admit I didn't see that one coming. Gadge also "wonders where the RevPro British Heavyweight Title picture goes from here".

- Jerry Lynn pinned Noam Dar with a roll-up at 14:16 in the main event. Dar tried to show Lynn respect after the match, and Lynn blasts him with a cradle piledriver to send everyone home happy.

Sounds like a much better show tonight. After missing 'Revolution' in April, 'Extreme Measures' in June, 'Summer Sizzler' in August and now 'Uprising Weekend' in October, I must say I'm planning on being there for my first Sittingbourne show since February on Sunday 2 December. I mean it this time. Probably. I'll admit I had kinda lost interest in the promotion. Despite them consistently putting on the best in-ring action in the UK, it always seemed to be super-serious high-impact indie exhibition match followed by super-serious high-impact indie exhibition match followed by super-serious high-impact indie exhibition match, whereas I prefer much more of a mixture. I would always ranks characters, storylines, sports entertainment and 'fun' over anything else so, whilst no-one can deny the in-ring quality on offer, IPW:UK/RevPro had all become a bit samey-samey. Still, looking forward to December...

There is a pic of sami callihan trainin with bob holly on facebook, so much for a serious knee injury

Its from today a filming for a in the ring with bob holly by RF

598876_3807868879913_60315630_n.jpg

576426_3808181207721_118329958_n.jpg

There is a pic of sami callihan trainin with bob holly on facebook, so much for a serious knee injury

Its from today a filming for a in the ring with bob holly by RF

598876_3807868879913_60315630_n.jpg

576426_3808181207721_118329958_n.jpg

• Paid Members
I thought another strong showing , just goes to show that when you have a roster as strong as revpro that even when you lose guys you still have an amazing show. Main event was awesome . As a promoter myself I really feel for Andy as he has had so much bad luck but credit where credit is due he still pulled this out the bag which is why he is the no1 promoter in the uk ! Hope that there is a better turn out tonight as the show deserves it .

I believe that to have put on as many great shows as Andy has that he deserves it . There are others like Dunny at NGW that are also up there .

I do agree with you that the crowd seemed a tad flat on the Saturday which was a shame.

Really enjoyed the show tonight. Would like to point out that Dar shoved Lynn in the face which lead to the cradle piledriver after the match.

I would really like to see Ligero and MK back as often as possible. Especially Ligero. Kris Travis is a comedy genius and Kirby is probably the best all rounder on the card. Glad Haskins is a a fully fledged heel now, he's best in this role in my opinion.

T-Bone/Terry was a good short match. Nothing you wouldn't expect from these two.

Walter/Generico was my match of the night. Brilliant story told here. Glad Walter looks to be coming to Sittingbourne a lot in the future. Incredibly talented big man.

Wasn't so keen on the Hooligans/Riots brawl as the Hooligans had all the offence which made it quite obvious the Riots would be getting a cheap victory. Didn't do a lot for me really as I'd like to see what the Riots can do aside from having their arses handed to them.

I also really enjoyed Sha vs. Dave. I thought it was a very good slow build big man match that peaked just at the right moment. The finish was a bit sloppy which was a shame.

Noam Dar is fucking outstanding and it was good to see so much respect given to Jerry Lynn by the audience and wrestlers alike.

I think the drop outs and two cards instead of one hurt the turn out a little bit but never the less, a great show.

Just to say about Lion Kid selling, now even though i didn't see him in a good match against Stixx at Progress he did sell the continued attack on his leg at the show

Was that when he slipped doing a spiringboard move and then sold the leg to cover it?

Nope, that's when he tried a springboard move, his knee buckled and he fell from the ropes because of it.

With the second half of the second night this weekend moved from being reasonably good to memorable.The match between the Riots and the Hooligans was fucking outstanding and really livened things up.Lets see lots more of both teams.

The Mastif/Sammuels match saw some fine wrestling from both wrestlers and of course the concluding match and words from Jerry Lynn was well worth the journey in itself.The absentees were soon forgotten!

I believe that to have put on as many great shows as Andy has that he deserves it . There are others like Dunny at NGW that are also up there .

I do agree with you that the crowd seemed a tad flat on the Saturday which was a shame.

Hang on, confirm what you just said if I misunderstand. NGW are one of the Number 1 promoters in the UK ?

Night two was really really awesome. A great atmosphere all night and six matches which all offered something different.

First off I'll never EVER forget that Hooligans match. It was incredible, and legit one of the best experiences I've ever had at live wrestling. Should a match like that be on every show? No. But as a rare thing, it's truly special. Hats off to these four crazy fuckers for the great match they gave us.

Jerry Lynn (who was super nice) and Noam put on a really enjoyable main event that told a neat little story. The opening 6 man was sooooo much fun, with the Travis/Monkey stuff being classic. I won't name names, but did anyone else notice that a certain member of one team was getting VERY pissed off with a certain member of the other team in the finishing stretch?

The title match was so enthralling and the atmosphere near the end was fantastic. Everybody wanted Dave to win soooooooooo bad, and it would been an amazing moment. So much so that I kinda think he should have won, as I don't know if they'll be able to create a moment like that whenever Sha eventually does drop the belt.

Generico/Walter was the war I expected (I loved it) and hats off to T-Bone for really impressing me in his match with Terry Frasier. I became a big fan of "The Man From The Trailer Park" this weekend.

A wonderful night and a wonderful weekend all around. Thanks to Andy and all involved!

Archived