RevPro Uprising Weekender, October 13-14, Sittingbourne - TIX ON SALE

Andy

Really disappointed that Sami hasn't seemed to cancel any of his other bookings, and actually wrestled on other shows in America when he was meant to be missing our shows to rest up his injury. Not Rev Pro's fault, but still disappointing situation, would have loved to see Sami on the shows.I was suprised that the crowd numbers were lower than usual at recent shows, considering how stacked the card was. When you consider how the weekend was shaping up surely all the regular fans who have attended in recent shows would have wanted to come to this, but that didn't seem to happen. When you consider that the only real difference between this show and the last show was the name change, I think that could have something to do with it. I was discussing this with a couple of people at the weekend and the theory seemed to be that the awareness that comes with social media wasn't there as IPW have kept the established twitter, mailing list and facebook. When you consider that IPW facebook has 1,120 followers while Rev Pro only has 388, it seems many of the IPW regulars haven't moved across. Although those of us who are really into it have switched over to the Rev Pro social media, many of the more casual fans who either forgot to switch over or didn't know in the first place simply wouldn't have known seen all the hype / advertisement that they would have in the past. When you consider that about two thirds of the IPW facebook followers haven't come over to Rev Pro, it's not hard to imagine that there is a portion of those fans who would have attended these shows, and that is probably the portion that was missing. Another thing I noticed was I didn't see any posters up around Sittingbourne, considering it is a small town and that it has one of the UKs best promotions you would think that there would be some promotion to appeal to the local market.But the wrestling action, particularly on night 2 was still the Rev Pro high standards. The atmosphere and crowd on night 1 was very flat by Sittingbournes normal standards and I think the first half suffered for it a little. The second half improved the 3 way was good and I thought Generico and Ligero was brilliant, Ligs keeps getting better and better and him and MK both made strong claims to be brought back for future shows. Not a bad night by any means but it wasn't the strongest IPW / Rev Pro show.Second night was a huge improvement in atmosphere, the matches all lived up to the build and the whole show felt more like the usual Sittingbourne standards. Everything delivered, the opening 6 man was a mix of great fun and action, Terry and T-Bone had a good showing and Walter and Generico had a superb outing that was arguably match of the weekend. Second half started with a bag with a wild brawl between the Hooligans and Riots, Riots have really impressed me but one thing with their match was the end (being hit with the hub cap) was probably one of the softest offensive moves in the match after some of the mental bumps all the guys were doing to each other. Not much actual wrestling, but you wouldn't expect it when you booked this match and it certainly added some variety to the card and was really enjoyable and sets up nicely to continue the feud. Sha and Mastiff built into a fantastic match and the ending sequence had some brilliant false finishes, and Jerry sent everyone home happy with his last ever UK match. The Q and A was really interesting and both Jerry and Generico were class acts with the fans. Overall a great weekend of action by Rev Pro and it's a shame some of the regulars weren't there to see it, but hopefully they will clock on and by the time the next show comes around in December everyone will know about Rev Pro. If Rev Pro have lost some fans in the switch over I'm sure they will come back as soon as they hear / realise that Rev Pro is putting on the great shows they are used to.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you thought the hubcap shot was soft???? From where I was sitting it looked like he killed the guy.

In any other match it would have, but it looked a bit soft in comparison to some of the crazy bumps they were taking on the hard wood floor, off chairs and tables, etc. The Michinoku Driver on one of the Hooligans in particular was insane and probably the roughest thing, very much a pay back from that crazy brain buster on the hard wood floor from the last show. Not to mention the massive elbow from the ring onto one of the Riot hanging off a chair looked brutal. Plus numerous slams on the floor and multiple elbow drops form the ring to the merch table. It was all pretty hardcore stuff, but I didn't think the hub cap was the hardest.

Really disappointed that Sami hasn't seemed to cancel any of his other bookings, and actually wrestled on other shows in America when he was meant to be missing our shows to rest up his injury. Not Rev Pro's fault, but still disappointing situation, would have loved to see Sami on the shows.I was suprised that the crowd numbers were lower than usual at recent shows, considering how stacked the card was. When you consider how the weekend was shaping up surely all the regular fans who have attended in recent shows would have wanted to come to this, but that didn't seem to happen. When you consider that the only real difference between this show and the last show was the name change, I think that could have something to do with it. I was discussing this with a couple of people at the weekend and the theory seemed to be that the awareness that comes with social media wasn't there as IPW have kept the established twitter, mailing list and facebook. When you consider that IPW facebook has 1,120 followers while Rev Pro only has 388, it seems many of the IPW regulars haven't moved across. Although those of us who are really into it have switched over to the Rev Pro social media, many of the more casual fans who either forgot to switch over or didn't know in the first place simply wouldn't have known seen all the hype / advertisement that they would have in the past. When you consider that about two thirds of the IPW facebook followers haven't come over to Rev Pro, it's not hard to imagine that there is a portion of those fans who would have attended these shows, and that is probably the portion that was missing. Another thing I noticed was I didn't see any posters up around Sittingbourne, considering it is a small town and that it has one of the UKs best promotions you would think that there would be some promotion to appeal to the local market.Overall a great weekend of action by Rev Pro and it's a shame some of the regulars weren't there to see it, but hopefully they will clock on and by the time the next show comes around in December everyone will know about Rev Pro. If Rev Pro have lost some fans in the switch over I'm sure they will come back as soon as they hear / realise that Rev Pro is putting on the great shows they are used to.

It was discussed alot behind the scenes and it seemed that the double header split the audience as the people who attended a single night each, made up to near the top end of attendances at Sittingbourne. Basically, there were a few regulars missing but on the whole the same number of people attended Sittingbourne for the events, but it was split over two days, with a miniority attending both sadly. The name change has had no real effect on the awareness of the event, through Andy's reckoning, infact the opposite could be said, however doing two shows over the two days had a significant impact.

It's strange that it's been two full days since the weekend as I am STILL exhausted from it. I do want to attempt a full write up, but I get the feeling that by the time I get round to it I'll have forgotten a lot of the weekend! So quick notes while it's still (relatively) fresh in mind:Night 1 was a little underwhelming. Bit of a flat atmosphere with the crowd and no matches really felt anything special other than the main event.Opening match was the wrong match to open the weekend with as it was the worst match of the weekend. Robinson/Reed where just plain out-classed by the vast majority of talents that the RPW of today uses against what IPW:UK used 6/7 years ago. This felt like an Indy match that should have taken place 10 years ago it was so outdated.Walter/Stixx was a decent big man vs bigger man battle. I'm not keen on Stixx as a face, *ESPECIALLY* with the En-ga-land crap which infuriates me to no end. Walter is a beast and Stixx did manage to look good whilst putting the bigger man over.Tag match was a disappointment compared to what I had in my mind. Whilst I loved the two teams trying to out-cheat the other, something was just off about that match. Whiplash especially looked really off his game. But I did love the Dynamite/Kirby interactions. Dynamite has really bulked up while he's been away, and I was glad to hear Whiplash say The All Stars would return.Haskins/Lynn was a good match, they worked well together, but the match never really felt like it left second gear or kicked up to a higher level.Three way contained the best three young stars in England today, and Noam was definitely the right man to win as he looked in another league to the other two on this night. MK is a fantastic talent, but I don't know why he seems to suffer outside of FCP. Probably nerves as he didn't have the best of nights, but still hopefully had enough of a showing for a return bookings.Tag match was alright, but I definitely thought something was going to happen between Dave and Terry the next night due to the finish.And the main event was far and away the stand out of the first match. It must be five and a bit years since Generico and Ligero stepped in the ring together, and you could visibly see the improvements in both men since that time. Generico in particular has become a world-class athelete so the pressure was all on Ligero to step up and make waves in his RPW debut. Both men went a bit heel-ish on the other, but it was more of a pissing contest than either fully embracing the rudo in themselves. Really, really good match. I'd personally say the Tozawa match was better, but Ligero is so far ensuring that 2012 is his year.-As has already been said, Night 2 was everything you'd expect from a regular Sittingbourne show and more.Loved the six man opener. Not only did you have the great wrestling action, Travis' monkey business is going to be incredibly memorable for everyone. Haskins and MK did have some communication issues as previously noted, but I wouldn't mind seeing a singles match between the two down the line, same for Kirby and The Lion Kid. Hot start to the night and immediately got the show off with a bang.Frazier showed glimpses of the 2010 Frazier that made me believe both he and Sha were going to take over IPW:UK in his match against T-Bone, but something is desperately needed as since the Sha feud blow off, his RPW career has waned terribly. He really needs something to motivate him to become the star that he could still be otherwise I wouldn't miss him in Sittingbourne if he continues down this road.Generico/Walter was fantastic. Don't know if I'd go MOTW (in fact I don't know which match I'd give the nod too) but this was definitely up there. Excellent super heavyweight vs larger light-heavyweight contest.Hooligans have so far had the same match three times so I am personally bored of them. But very entertaining match regardless.Stunned Dave didn't win the belt. And the finish was slightly cocked up in that the T-Bone suplex did look nasty, but didn't look like a finisher, especially after Sha was unable to set Dave up in the corner for whatever was supposed to happen there. I genuinely have no idea where RPW are going from here keeping the belt on Sha as his Title Reign unfortunately so far has been very lacklustre. This definitely felt like it was Dave's time, but now where can he go from here?And I loved Dar vs Lynn. Incredible end to the weekend.Shit running a little bit late to work now!

Kris Travis is hilarious! I love Project Ego and would like them to turn face, although maintain their act. The only thing about them I would want changed would be for them to embrace the fans. In the other promotions I've seen Kris Travis being a good guy, he's completely dropped his shenanigans. I wouldn't want to see that, but as I said, I'd like to see Ego return the love back to the fans. I couldn't boo or dislike Kris Travis because his antics are too entertaining, and I felt I was in good company with that sentiment.

London Riots vs The Hooligans was so good! I could see that the RPW staff weren't too thrilled with having their merch and merch table smashed up, but it created a nice chaotic and realistic atmosphere. I did hear Zebra call the doors spot, but the performances were so good I stayed drawn in. The sight of the London Riots smirking cuntishly and giving The Hooligans the two finger gesture was excellent, as was the subsequent: "All I can say is, THOSE 2 FAT SHITS HAD BETTER WATCH THEIR BACKS!" by Zak. I am well psyched for the Riots vs Hooligans rematch!

It is worth saying that the sound system was indeed pathetic! The show was good enough to outweigh that negative, but it is a shame that the wrestlers have to enter to this wank sound.

Overall it was good to attend my first 2 RPW shows and I shall definitely attend more.

Archived