RevPro Uprising Weekender, October 13-14, Sittingbourne - TIX ON SALE

Andy

Please wrap Walter and Generico up in cotton wool as soon as you see them!This really sucks but I have a weird feeling that this adversity will cause everyone to up their game in a big way and we have a magical weekend in store.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show seems to be cursed or something. I have no doubt these shows will deliver but losing Marty & Spud is a huuuuge loss. It has definately taken off that special feeling this weekend originally had. Kind of regretting getting the meet & greet / q & a tickets now as sami and marty were the two main guys I wanted to meet. On the plus side, ligero vs generico makes me very excited & I am glad noam is getting the opportunity with jerry. Still can't wait for riots vs hooligans as well! Any chance of a nice condensed post or update to the original post with all the matches as I am starting to lose track of some of the macthes on this show? So the other cruiserweight 3 way is thrown out as well?

Any chance of a nice condensed post or update to the original post with all the matches as I am starting to lose track of some of the macthes on this show? So the other cruiserweight 3 way is thrown out as well?

No.Night 1 still has:El Generico vs El LigeroProject Ego vs The All StarsAshley Reed vs Paul RobinsonLion Kid vs Noam Dar vs MK McKinnanBig Van Walter vs StixxJerry Lynn vs Mark HaskinsDave Mastiff/Terry Frazier vs Sha Samuels/T-BoneNight 2 still has:Jerry Lynn vs Noam DarSha Samuels vs Mastiff/Frazier OR Mastiff & Frazier in a match(es) of Sha's choosingHooligans vs London RiotsEl Generico vs Big Van WalterWith Project Ego, El Ligero, Haskins, All Stars(?), Reed & Robinson(?), Lion Kid(?), MK(?), Stixx(?) and T-Bone(?) without matches.

This show is ROH Generation Next 2004, and Noam Dar will be the Shelley/Evans/Strong/Aries.

Noam and MK McKinnan God willing. MK really is going to be something special and a match against either Haskins or Ligero would be a first time encounter and really cement him as a future RevPro regular.

6MAN.jpgTICKETS ON SALE NOW: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

With all the changes to the Uprising Weekender Rev Pro matchmakers have maintained one thing throughout and that’s come bell time we will continue to do what we do best and that’s quite simply produce a night of can’t miss wrestling action! The next contest signed is an illustration of our desire to do just that as night 2 will kick start with what promises to be a fast paced, high flying, hard hitting spectacular as Mark Haskins and current Revolution Pro Tag Team Champions Project Ego will combine to take on the exciting combination of El Ligero, Lion Kid & MK McKinnan in a huge 6 man tag team contest that you won’t want to miss!All 6 men bring something unique to the table. Any combination of the 6 on any given day have the ability to produce something special, now put them all together in the same ring at the same time and you can expect fireworks! So many exciting match ups within one match & with all 6 men motivated & determined to show the wrestling world exactly what they are all about this could well be one of those matches that they will be talking about for years to come.Therefore the current cards for the Uprising Weekender looks as follows:Night 1 - Saturday 13th OctoberInternational Dream Match- El Ligero vs El Generico The Rivalry Renewed - Paul Robinson vs Ashley ReedUndisputed British Tag Team Championship- Project Ego

It's a shame to lose Sami, Marty and Spud, but I think Rev Pro have done a great job moving things around to ensure that the cards are still super strong for the changes made.A lot of shows would be crippled to lose 3 big names like that, but it's testament to how strong the whole card is that even with those names off the show that the line up is still looking so good.Hopefully we can get Marty vs Generico and Sami in somewhere before TNA take him away, as right now i can see both him and Spud both getting signed.Not sure i'm impressed with TNA moving their tv taping plans to effect the guys bookings, i know it's a great opportunity for Spud and Marty and don't blame them for a second for doing whatever TNA want from them. But considering these shows have been booked months in advance and TNA can film stuff whenever they want, it seems unfair to interfere with the guys bookings at the last minute, as right now that is still how they make their money and it is messing the fans and promoters around. Fortunately Rev Pro have handled it fantastically and been able to move things around to keep the quality of the show high, but TNA could have crippled this show by pulling them out so late and to me it's a pretty crappy thing to do. I can't see why TNA can't have been more oraganised and worked around the dates the guys already had in their diaries, so TNA could still get all the footage they want without effecting the UK promoters, UK fans and the wrestlers themselves; having Jerry Lynns last UK match would be a pretty big honour that I'm sure a wrestler would prefer not to give up, not to mention missed pay days and potentially damaging relationships with promoters. No fault of Marty or Spud, but I think TNA didn't need to do it.

• Paid Members

I never did bother going along to this in the end, but Night One is underway right now. In fact, from my usual group of folks, only 'Gadge' actually bothered to go. Here's what's apparently going on...

- Paul Robinson beat Ashley Reed with a shooting star press in 9:04. Andy Boy Simmonz came out afterwards to challenge Robinson, bringing Big Van Walter out to go after Paul. Stixx, now a babyface, made the save. This led into...

- Big Van Walter beat Stixx with a powerbomb at 11:10. Man on the scene 'Gadge' says "Good start in establishing Walter as a monster while Stixx continued his good year".

- Project Ego (Martin Kirby & Kris Travis) beat The All Stars (Mikey Whiplash & Robbie Dynamite) after a shot with what was described as a 'flag pole' in 14:26. The All Stars say they'll be back for revenge. "Really good match for the most part, last couple of minutes probably the weakest bit, sadly".

- Mark Haskins beat Jerry Lynn with his feet on the ropes at 13:53.

- Gadge describes it as "Not the greatest first half I've ever seen in Sittingbourne, not by a long shot. Tag match probably best so far. Finish dragged it down tho".

- Second half opens with Noam Dar making MK McKinnan tap out to a knee-bar at 11:10, in a 3-way that also included The Lion Kid. "Good performances all round in a battle of a match".

- Dave Mastiff & Terry Frazier beat Sha Samuels & T-Bone in 9:08; Dave pinned Samuels after a cannonball. Dave also sent partner Terry flying to the floor towards the end, and earns a shot at Sha's belt tomorrow night. My money's on Dave taking the gold, there...

- In the main event battle of masked fake Mexicans, El Generico beat El Ligero to retain the KO-D Openweight Title (Japanese promotion DDT's main singles belt, that Generico recently won from Kota Ibushi). Victory came at 18:29 with a brainbuster following the Helluva Kick. Gadge says this was "By far the match of the night" on this RevPro show. "Absolutely stonking stuff" that Gadge reckons is up there with Ligero's June 2012 PCW bout with Akira Tozawa.

Colt Cabana and Michael Elgin were also announced as making their UK returns for the 2 December show. I believe there's an IPW:UK show in nearby Swanley the day before too, road-trippers....

Elgin's sticking around too - PCW have just announced him for the following weekend (Dec 9, which also features Chris Masters, Eugene & John Morrison) as well.

• Paid Members

Elgin is in for Southside in Nottingham and Huntingdon on November 30 & December 1 before Rev Pro on the Sunday and PCW the following weekend.Very tired in the middle of my three hour journey home, but looking like tomorrow night's show will be better than this which felt pretty flat for the most part.The new Rev Pro canvas, title belts etc are nice.More on the matches tomorrow...

Pretty much agree with Gadge on everything here, our view of everything being the same as i was sitting two feet behind him. Felt an odd night really. None of the matches were bad and a couple were very, very good, but there was just no sense of it being a big event like there usually is at Sittingbourne. The crowd were noisy at times but pretty dead for long stretches in between. It was definitely a smaller crowd than usual and it seemed like a lot of the regulars weren't there- as Benny said, his lot weren't, and none of my usual showgoing friends, and I noticed a few other faces missing. The show itself was pretty solid though. The three way was excellent. Definitely glad to see MK in Sittingbourne and would love to see him back to go one on one with Dar. The second tag match was pretty good, and had some of the intensity that made the Terry/Sha feud so great. And the main event was as good as you'd expect. Both men have so many little nuances and touches that add personality to their characters. Other thoughts- nice to see the All Stars back and with the crowd behind them. As gadge said, the new belts and ring mat look great. Lion Kid doesn't seem to sell a lot (besides merch, fnar). Noticed this a couple of times recently with him, he seems to pop back up and straight into the next move when at least a few moments of showing the effect of the previous move would seem more appropriate. It was especially noticeable against MK tonight who bumped like a good 'un and had some great facials going on.

• Paid Members

Lion Kid doesn't seem to sell a lot (besides merch, fnar). Noticed this a couple of times recently with him, he seems to pop back up and straight into the next move when at least a few moments of showing the effect of the previous move would seem more appropriate. It was especially noticeable against MK tonight who bumped like a good 'un and had some great facials going on.

You had me at "besides merch".I have what could be called an irrational hatred of Lion Kid, the only time I joined in with the noise-making was booing him during his entrance. Pretty much everyone else who was thrown to the outside made the most of it, whereas he just landed on his feet and waited for his next bit of participation. His total non-reaction to being chopped was dire.I agree the show felt a bit flat, and I hate to say I was a bit let down with Jerry Lynn, although as my mate said, he's probably saving himself for tomorrow. On a positive note, I found myself laughing a lot, thanks to the antics of Kris Travis and Sha Samuels slagging off the noisy, middle-aged bint in hotpants. I'm all for fans shouting something every now and then, but a handful of people were acting as though it was their first time in public. :/

• Paid Members

I thought another strong showing , just goes to show that when you have a roster as strong as revpro that even when you lose guys you still have an amazing show. Main event was awesome . As a promoter myself I really feel for Andy as he has had so much bad luck but credit where credit is due he still pulled this out the bag which is why he is the no1 promoter in the uk ! Hope that there is a better turn out tonight as the show deserves it .

Archived