Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

Video artwork

The 80's sword & sorcery type video boxes were brilliant as the artwork always promised something that the special effects of the day could never deliver.

MV5BMTQ0MTAxMjIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEzOTQyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

I'm 100% with Chest on this, great topic. I love painted movie covers so much, I went through a period where I'd buy loads of videos from boot sales & stuff just for the covers, mostly films i'd never even heard of. I'll post some later, I'm on my phone at work at the moment.

It's a lost art and so often they made the film look 10 times better than it was.

That Drive one is great.

Fuck yeah:-

b4ecb7c5_1987-Creepozoids28VHS29.jpeg

tumblr_lwp0srBpHJ1qav174o1_500.jpg

VN-Cannibal-Holocaust-VHS-2.jpg

2 of the more notorious Video nasty films that were pretty much mass marketed via their VHS artwork. The Driller Killer one is not the original artwork, but from a 1985 video release.

You should, Sev, I watched it recently. It's bloody hilarious. Paul Sorvino is especially great.

Here's another box cover for a Larry Cohen film. His stuff always tended to great box covers and posters:-

wcxg-1180450-1.jpg

As far as The Stuff goes, the child version of myself liked it, although I can now barely remember what happens and believe it may have aged poorly.

As far as The Stuff goes, the child version of myself liked it, although I can now barely remember what happens and believe it may have aged poorly.

It's aged a bit, as expected, but it's still quality and it's still spot on about advertising, too.

I'd love that Hell Comes To Frogtown one as a poster.

Got to have Maniac Cop here:-

41221876_MANIAC2BCOP.jpeg

Sign in to follow this