WWE/WCW B-Sides

Forrest

• Paid Members

Chris Adams was absolutely class especially in WCCW with Gino Hernandez. One of my favorites when I used to watch loads of territory stuff. His turn on the Von Erich's was great storytelling. By the time he got to WCW he was getting on though, could still have a good match all the same

For my views on my favourite C show of all time, be sure to look at the first few pages of the NXT thread, before they ported that wonderful show over to some Uni Halls of Residence somewhere. As far as WWE goes, they were on a run for a few months with that show in a so-bad-its-undisputedly-the-best-thing-in-the-whole-company way, I don't believe they quite new what they had. Anybody who went near that show knows why The Prime Time Playas should be carrying the tag team division on their backs, and heel pervert Johnny Curtis had more purpose about him that most of the Raw and Smackdown roster. And why Maxine leaving the company was a genuine loss, actually.

Other than that, I've recently been working through the Action Zone from 1995, and have really enjoyed the format change later in the year with the studio inserts from Dok and Todd. They've got tremendous chemistry as a couple of fucking idiots together, and the show always closes with a one minute segment where a ton of wrestlers answer the same question, like what they might do on WWE.com these days. It's always something redundant like "Favourite flavour of crisp for a Crisp Butty" or whatever, but that 1995 cast of characters giving gimmick-based answers to such stuff was a hoot.

• Paid Members

I used to love the likes of Heat and Velocity back in the day, as you just got an hour of some wrestling matches, with a recap of what was happening on the "proper" shows that week. That William Regal vs. Chris Benoit match immediately sprung to mind when I read the original post.

In recent years any matches featuring a combination of Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel/ Hunico/ Trent Barreta etc are always gold.

Kidd with Michael Hayes vs Trent Barreta:

Kidd, Gabriel, Slater vs Trent and The Usos:

Hunico vs Kidd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knUk2qpOs_s

Kidd and Tatsu realy went through a phase of putting on **** matches every week with each other, and with anyone they came in contact with, on Superstars and NXT for numerous months. When Hunico came along, he kind of took Yoshi's mantle, but all 3 are just amazing.

Kidd/Tatsu with Michael Hayes at ringside was my TV match of 2011. Absolutely astounding. Kidd/Hunico from this year was just as amazing.

AND THAT BUMP IN THE 6-MAN! :D

• Paid Members
In recent years any matches featuring a combination of Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel/ Hunico/ Trent Barreta etc are always gold.

Trent & Curt Hawkins had a quality little feud on Superstars a while back too, just after they'd both gone singles following the departures of Croft & Archer. A string of good-to-great matches, and some surprisingly good performances on commentary on each other's matches.

Archived