2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

For me, people that do things like this is not someone that can call themselves a "supporter". If you support a team, you continually go or watch when you're able to.

I would consider myself a Motherwell supporter first of all, and a follower of Scotland second I guess.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the Junior 'league' season? I know Glenafton have played a few games plus the juniors in the east (not east of Scotland) are already under way with cups. I know the South of Scotland are underway too, although not juniors per se.

• Paid Members
In reply to Bettencourt

I did, did you? I thought we were a cat's whisker away from reaching the play-offs, if it wasn't for crap refereeing? David, who would you rather see in charge? Lets face it, it's not really an appetising job, is it?

I reckon Gordon Strachan would do well in the hotseat and it's only a matter of time before the SFA approach him surely, my only worry is that he might be looking for more in wages than the SFA can afford.

For me, people that do things like this is not someone that can call themselves a "supporter". If you support a team, you continually go or watch when you're able to.

I would consider myself a Motherwell supporter first of all, and a follower of Scotland second I guess.

You're a Motherwell 'follower' just like you're a Liverpool 'follower'. Didn't you say you were gonna stop going to Motherwell games if the newco were allowed into the SPL?

I think at this point you're just looking for reasons to be a crab about Scottish football.

• Paid Members
In reply to Bettencourt

I did, did you? I thought we were a cat's whisker away from reaching the play-offs, if it wasn't for crap refereeing? David, who would you rather see in charge? Lets face it, it's not really an appetising job, is it?

I reckon Gordon Strachan would do well in the hotseat and it's only a matter of time before the SFA approach him surely, my only worry is that he might be looking for more in wages than the SFA can afford.

I think Strachan would ask for a fortune to work for the SFA. Especially since he's publicly complained about how they treated him when he applied before.

I agree with BiffingtonClyro. It's a shit job with a lot of pressure and bosses who are absolute morons. Any Manager who still wants the job after the way the SFA chucked George Burley under the bus following "boozegate" is either going to be shit or just looking at it as a stepping stone to the Premiership. Levein, sadly, is the best we're going to get at the moment.

You're a Motherwell 'follower' just like you're a Liverpool 'follower'. Didn't you say you were gonna stop going to Motherwell games if the newco were allowed into the SPL?

I think at this point you're just looking for reasons to be a crab about Scottish football.

I'm a Motherwell supporter. I pay for my season ticket, I buy the merchandise and so forth. I actually support the club both through financial means and by attending games. I'm a Liverpool follower by way of watching their games when they're on the telly, which is what I mostly do with Scotland as well. Don't most football fans who watch the Premiership have a favourite team?

I was going to stop going to Motherwell's SPL games if the newco were allowed entry into the SPL, simply because it would have rendered the league unfair and farcical. I wouldn't have stopped attending cup games, friendlies or European games. It never happened though, and my club was one of the first to lay their cards on the table (which is more than can be said for yours).

I'm a Motherwell supporter. I pay for my season ticket, I buy the merchandise and so forth. I actually support the club both through financial means and by attending games. I'm a Liverpool follower by way of watching their games when they're on the telly, which is what I mostly do with Scotland as well. Don't most football fans who watch the Premiership have a favourite team?

I was going to stop going to Motherwell's SPL games if the newco were allowed entry into the SPL, simply because it would have rendered the league unfair and farcical. I wouldn't have stopped attending cup games, friendlies or European games. It never happened though, and my club was one of the first to lay their cards on the table (which is more than can be said for yours).

So you would have punished the club you support for every other clubs faults? I would've stopped going to any club that voted yes grounds and giving them money, but I wouldn't have punished my own club for voting no.

So you would have punished the club you support for every other clubs faults? I would've stopped going to any club that voted yes grounds and giving them money, but I wouldn't have punished my own club for voting no.

It wasn't really about punishment to be honest (I'm sure I posted all of this at the time), and more to do with the fact that I wouldn't have bought into the league as a legit sporting competition.

To be honest, there's probably a good chance that had Motherwell voted against the newco, but they had still managed to get enough yes votes to get back into the SPL I may even have bought my season ticket and simply not attended the games.

I know that may sound mental, but I really would have had an issue buying into the legitimacy of the SPL with a newco being allowed right back in.

• Paid Members

Poor performance from us (Celtic) today but credit where credit is due, Ross County played a stormer, in particular Brittain and their keeper. We had a good few chances but were still very, very lucky to come away with a point, I had Ross County for going back down this season but if they can continue with that style of play it might be a very different story.

Poor performance from us (Celtic) today but credit where credit is due, Ross County played a stormer, in particular Brittain and their keeper. We had a good few chances but were still very, very lucky to come away with a point, I had Ross County for going back down this season but if they can continue with that style of play it might be a very different story.

If they continue that style of play they'll be missing half their team through suspension.

Archived