UFC on FX 4: 'Maynard vs Guida'

wandshogun09

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ach, I can't hate on Maynard too much. In his last three fights he's looked like he wanted a fight and has tried to be exciting. And taking two shots and still not beating Frankie means he's still a wee bit away from another title shot. Hopefully he'll be ready by the time Nate is champ. ;)

Christ Kenny, Maynard beating Diaz again, except this time for the strap?!? Wouldn't that be too much for you? I hope you'd be placed on suicide watch if that shit ever goes down! ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Leave it Dave, it's not worth it mate, we've all had a drink.

I'm still a big fan of Clay, he's been in three of my favourite MMA fights ever. But it's hard to deny he's coming off as a bit of a knob following the fight. You can't hit a home tun every time, or in MMA terms, have FOTY type fights every time so although the fight was disappointing it's not that big a deal.

I'm more annoyed by his attitude after the fight than anything he did (or didn't) in the cage. Listening to him, it's almost a childish, stroppy teenager 'fuck you' attitude. Getting in Gray's face outside the cage after the fight didn't show him in a good light either and all this Fightmetric stuff just comes off as sour grapes to me. He still, even after burying the hatchet with Gray, didn't just take the loss on the chin and tried to take digs with the Fightmetric bollocks.

I really like Clay but it wasn't a good night for him. Maybe they braided his hair too tight or something?

• Paid Members

the stuff after the fight i'll let Guida off with, its was childish stuff but when you take into consideration he's just lost a massive fight he thought he'd won you can't blame him for emotions running high, add in that Maynard had a pop at him in his post fight speech.

I expected Clay's tone to change once he'd rewatched the fight cause he probably believes his gameplan was more effective than it actually was...perhaps he hasn't even watched it back so who knows? but i think anyone who has a clue should realise that he didn't execute what he was trying to do effectively.

I know lots of people have hated on the fight (including Dana) but after this post fight stuff i actually wanna see them fight again.

Archived