Preston City Wrestling - One But Not Forgotten - 1st Anniversary

fludder99

Richie is a sexual molester, very selfish kisser and wayyyy too much tongue.

I'll second that. Said hi to him before the show started over by the merchandise table and he proceeded to give me a kiss, then I think we had another two or three before the show actually started. For some reason, my brother didn't want any part of the action. Shame...

I enjoyed last night's show, but I find myself agreeing with the thoughts that some of the matches didn't quite deliver to what they could have been. Maybe that's just because of the ridiculously high standards I've found myself expecting from PCW shows over the last year and they were still very good matches. Obviously, problems with traffic and having to shuffle the card around slightly didn't help. I can't ever recall seeing Manson so pissed off but he did well to get there and go straight to the ring and still be involved in the match.

Having the Scottish takeover throughout the night was pretty good and nice to see it played to on the show and if there isn't another PCW vs PBW show scheduled, there's plenty of reason to do another show of clashes now with Scottish guys holding the Cruiserweight and the Tag Titles. I think the initial pop for Lionheart winning was bigger than Travis' successful cash-in, but we quickly came round to that and gave him the celebration he deserved.

I'll admit that the announcements of a Ligero/Tozawa rematch and Eugene coming over in the next few months, as well as Jo-Mo in December all make me feel a little bit jealous that I won't be here to witness them live. I'll have a fair bit of catching up to do with DVDs!

All in all, happy birthday PCW and congratulations to Fludder for building a highly successful company in just one year. Not many can boast they've sold out a venue and had to get extra tickets made available. Here's hoping there are many more years and great shows to come!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If things appeared 'shorter' then its because the planning that goes into epic matches were not possible due to half my card struggling to get to the venue with traffic from V-Fest. Manson being pist was he had drove 5hrs to get to the show with traffic and had to just walk to the ring 90seconds after arriving to the venue. Gresham and Mastiff both arrived pretty much second half too. Nightmare from my point of view and was annoyed I could not deliver some epic matches and could only give you good matches. Top it off with Travis being injured and did not remember his match with Rampage it was a stressfull evening really but least all went as good it did with the issues and limitations placed on me.

Yeah I'm sorry if my thoughts seemed overly harsh. I'd built the show up too much in my head and in reality the real thing sometimes doesn't match what you think. So sorry if it seemed like I was nitpicking and expecting wayyyyy too much.

I expected much more from the show, yet my standards are very high. Nothing worse as a promoter to plan things and not deliver how you want to do it. The show to most was good but we can do much better.

Often in life there are things that are out of your control and can't do anything about. Despite the problems it was still a great show, even better with getting to meet up with the others before and during the event.

Keep up the good work Mr Fludder (ps, coming out to vinces theme was damn funny) :)

Oh, and as coby mentioned earlier, the finish to the main event was absolutely awesome and brutal!

I fucking loved it, even if I did end up getting lost afterwards and having to sit in a waiting room until 6:37 for my train home. Just woke up and feel rough as fuck too. Very strange atmosphere for a wrestling show, first time I've been to PCW, but genuinely loved it. Will be making the trip again.

Pleased to see Steven Walters wrestling here in the UK.A wrestler with great potential.Saw one of his matches in the States.Does anyone know if he has further any further matches here?

Had a chat with him during the interval, PCW is the only place he's working outside of All Star, so if you want to catch him again All Star is your only bet.

How often do you meet up for these shows? I wouldn't mind starting to go to see some UK shows but there's nobody I know that I could drag along with me. I've only ever been to one show and that had a billed Steel Cage main event ditched in favour of a wallpaper-paste tables match.

How often do you meet up for these shows? I wouldn't mind starting to go to see some UK shows but there's nobody I know that I could drag along with me. I've only ever been to one show and that had a billed Steel Cage main event ditched in favour of a wallpaper-paste tables match.

I think the PCW meet ups will be a permanent part of the show now, every time.

Just remembered getting woke up in the hotel doorway by a pissed off member of staff who had to carry me up to my room. What a fucking idiot I am. :(

Archived