• Created
  • Last Reply

Back from the show, mainly cos me backs fucked

Ligero lost to Mastiff

Trav beat Rampage Brown

Noam is/was Cruiser weight champ

Erm, One of the tag teams won

Hammer beat Gresham, because of traffic etc

Was good meeting the ukff faithful. Missed the last two matches as could hardly stand so came home.

Was good fun!

Other matches announced Kay Lee Ray vs Angelina Love and Eugene vs Mastiff

On me way home now. Was awesome to meet up with the crew. Hope you got home safe Pat and Richie you piss head :) to all of you was a great show and will hopefully do it again next month!

Yeah, got. A cab, ta for making sure was okay! Many thanks! Plus the drinks!!!!

Morning Campers! Hi de Hi....

Erm yeah so yesterday at PCW, started with a bang and went from there really. The Pre-Show drinks started in earnest around 3 oclock. Richie Freebird, turned up in a suit! then the likes of The Cum Doctor and his posse, Windoesnot, Big Benny HG and Cobystag appeared as well as an ex UKFF'er to boot. The pre show drinking started off quite straight forward enough, with pints however it soon turned to pints and jagerbombs. Discussions ranged from WWE to ICW, PBW, Fightclub Pro and other real life stuff like Preston Bus Station's merits and size. See, exciting :) . Food was missed because of the 40 minute wait at the pub with no name and people started rolling in to Lava at about 6.30pm just in time to meet Davey Richards, who was just milling about by his merch stand. To be fair he came across as being quite humble, which was nothing like I was expecting and he is not the tallest of guys in the flesh either. Anyway, got a picture with him courtesy of The Cum Doctor, though I have got red eyes which is nothing new as it seems near enough every picture I have has red eyes. You win some, you lose some hey ho. If I cant get it uploaded from my phone I will try and link here, but dont want to scare people off with my ugly mug.

The pre match band Better Left Alone, were pretty good, kind of pop punk/Lost Prophets thing going on. Check out Going For The Oscar

should you be so inclined. The stage was on the right after you come down the stairs into the main bit at Lava so whilst they were in the thick of it, they werent getting in the way of people in terms of causing delays for for matches and so on. A decent and well polished set seemed to be well received, well a few people were bopping along, so cant have been all that bad!

Moving on to the matches. First off was the Cruiserweight Six Way and it started off with a weigh in, with Dave Rayne not making the weight with a comedy Family Fortunesesque klaxon to signify this. Moans about diets and brown rice and so on went unheeded, and his replacement was (?) Walters (didnt catch his first name), who elicited chants of 'who are you?' and 'You're not Dave Rayne' for most of the match. Bubblegum replaced Jonathan Gresham, got stuck in V festival traffic on the way up. The match itself was a decent fast paced affair from what I can remember of it and following interference from Fight Club (iirc), Noam Dar walked out as the first PCW Cruiserweight Champ. 1 for 1 on the title shots to titles from the war of words pre show.

The next bits may be out of sync because there was a sleeping beauty that needed waking so was making sure they could see the show, no names mentioned ;) Fludder came down and did a bit about the anniversary and announced Tozawa vs Ligero II for Feb 2013 with a highlight package from the fantastic Guild Wars match shown to 'seal the deal' as it were.

Next up was the tag match, Disco Madness with a late arriving Manson ( V Festival traffic again), getting changed at ring side ready for his match. Again it was a decent contest with MOB and Fight Club being particularly brutal I thought. Ultimately though it was Fight Club who came out victors and I'm guessing there will be a MOB vs Fight Club rematch at some point down the line, which should be a belter. So 2 for 2 for the Scottish title shots to titles.

CJ vs Kay Lee Ray, was not really what I was expecting though, Kay Lee Ray's lime green singlet certainly made her standout,a s if the flame red hair didnt already! After the match Kay Lee Ray vs Angelina Love was announced for an upcoming show.

Dave Rayne came out and cut a pipebomb/ CM Punk style promo about how he is PCW's MVP Was pretty good as it happens and he made some fair points, before Davey Richards came down and ankle locked him to get him out of the way.

I didn't see much of Trav vs Rampage Brown, that's two shows in a row where I have pretty much missed Trav. Though the dislocated shoulder looked well painful, Trav was walking around backstage second half with the world's biggest ice pack on his shoulder, so I hope that isnt as bad as it looked. People seemed to be impressed with Brown, so hopefully he comes back again to PCW again at some point.

Ligs vs Mastiff was a brutal match. Ligs was getting 'rag dolled' at one point and the tope into the corner from Mastiff looked like it squished the lil guy from Mexico. Really good match. Ligs going for a 'Johnnycanrana 'was a bit odd to see but, Mastiff's power shone through. Ultimately Mastiff won and progressed through to the fourway at the end of the show. I'd like to see that one again, and will pick up the DVD when it becomes available. After the match, there was a promo from Eugene, talking about Dave Mastiff being a Teddy Bear and announcing an upcoming match between the two. Mastiff clearly wasnt happy and the 'I aint no fucking Teddy Bear' was a great repost, even if Eugene couldnt hear it as was a pre recorded promo.

I didnt see The Hammer vs Gresham, The Hammer got the win so his streak at PCW continues. At this point my back decided to play silly beggars, it was my own fault, I didnt take my usual pre show precautions and didnt rest at half time, lifting up two people (lightweights) up in to a podium drinks think so that they could see didnt help either. So spent most of the match either leaning against the wall by the bar or sat down, pain was too much and so went and said my goodbyes and left as the final match was being introduced despite windoesnot's and BennyHG's best efforts to get us to stay

Seems like I missed a belter, with Lionheart coming out victorious, making 3 title shots and 3 wins, but Trav's cash in meant that the Scots didnt have it all their own way, and a nice bit of continuation of a story line that has become ingrained in PCW Scots vs English and Lionheart vs Trav in the feud that just wont die :)

Overall was a good night, was great to meet people from the forum and catch up with mates at the show. Sorry if I didnt get a chance to say hey or whatever. The girl who was serving the sausages and burgers by the smoking area was pretty cute and I had a decent chinwag with her at various points in the night. Also had quick chats with Bubblegum, and Roughneck at various points as well. I hope that every one's head isnt too sore this morning and that everyone got home safe as well.

Good show last night. Good, not great. For me personally it seemed like every single match didn't live up to it's true potential. Some random thoughts:

Richie is a sexual molester, very selfish kisser and wayyyy too much tongue.

The band sucked. I'm not really into that sort of music anymore, but why have a second singer if the fucker can't sing? Also songs ARE allowed to sound different and unique to each other rather than the same cookie-cutter pop-punk bullshit over and over.

Show started a little late, and Fludder got opportunity to take to the ring and thank the audience for making PCW what it was. Also they announced Tozawa vs Ligero II for Feb next year - SO FUCKING THERE!!! Hate to nitpick, but the promo vid was introduced as revealing the first big name. Rather than go directly into clips of Ligs vs Tozawa as to which there was no reaction, if some words on the screen like "He was in a UK MOTYC, one of the best matches PCW have ever seen... Akira Tozawa" that would have at least got a pop before the match highlights.

Opening match was good. Like I'd already said, with the talent involved in the match it would be hard pressed to not be good, and there were some great moments and exchanges in there, but also moments where things just didn't click. In particular Allmark and Hayes were absolute spot machines with some of the well thought out and technical moves they were doing with relative ease. I loved Bubblegum's Pele Kick reversal to Kirby's roll-through neckbreaker, that was absolutely masterful stuff. Walters looked alright, but I don't like guys who get their shit in to look amazing, and then don't really put over anyone else after ensuring that they looked so good. The Dave Rayne thing, while funny and story serving, left a funny start and atmosphere to the beginning of the match. Fight Club interfering with 5 minutes to go after Noam was winning was frustrating but logical. But what I hated and made no fucking sense, was Fight Club just up and leaving with a minute and a half to go. Obviously it gave chance for a little bit of heat and hope to the final Dar vs Hayes section, but why did FC just up and leave? They could have at least had some of the guys in the match brawl to the back with them to give Dar/Hayes the final moments. Just annoyed the hell out of me. But on the plus side Dar is the Cruiserweight Champ and a very worthy one at that.

Rampage vs Trav was good, but there were definitely moments where things didn't click excluding the shoulder dislocation. There was definite potential there and when things were going, it was good. I am high on Rampage and he looked like an absolute beast at points, so I hope he made an impression on the PCW audience. At first I thought Trav's injury was an angle to create drama later in the night, but it appears to have been legit from everything I heard. Major props to the guy as the Samoan Drop from Rampage did look brutal.

Very weird atmosphere around Banks and KLR. Dunno how I felt about Banks winning, but at least he had to go all SCSA on her with the punch to the face. Angelina Love getting announced to face KLR in Nov did go down really well.

And speaking of weird atmospheres..... Fuck. Manson was pissed. Legit pissed. I really, really don't think any of his actions at the start of the match were part of him deliberately killing kayfabe. Bailey came out to the ring alone, which a lot of people thought was referencing to Manson not making the last show. But rather than a tease and a delay, Manson just nonchalantly strolled out in his work clothes - his 'work' work clothes - with his gear bag, getting on the mic to reference that he was late arriving from work, alluding that the Americans were saying the promotion was unprofessional, that they hadn't planned anything at all for the match, introduced himself to his opponents with a name and handshake - BritWres~! - and then got changed outside the ring. Even Bailey and the other guys seem perturbed by Manson being that pissed, Manson even going as far to inform Bailey he was not joking. I feel so sorry for Manson for whatever went off. He's got a great head on his shoulders, really really knows how to work to his audience, and it's incredibly rare to see him pissed and 'out' of character for him. As a result the match suffered. I mean I didn't have high expectations for the match to begin with, but Manson's mood took away from the match and the crowd. NOT his fault I might add. I would like to know the story tho however.

During intermission, and especially after Manson's foul mood and references to the Americans, Dave Rayne came to the ring to lamblast PCW, it's audience and management and how he he deserved a spot in the main event of the foreigners coming in and taking all of their jobs. Davey Richards then proceeded to hit the ring and kick Rayne in the face. Well, wonder if Davey's going to be a face or heel after that and the negativity thrown his way online....

I was really looking forward to Ligero vs Mastiff and while it had flashes of the classic these two are going to have together, tonight the match was just good. Very good, but not the truly great match I was expecting. Maybe that's my fault for expecting too much, but with their previous matches in PCW and the audience, I thought last night was going to be something special. Still a good match mind and while I can appreciate they didn't want to go too long with another match for the one in the waiting, this did feel a little bit too short. In fact I'd say I was surprised by the match lengths for a fair few of the matches as while I'm not in the mind that longer matches = better, especially not if the short matches go balls to the wall, some matches do feel like when they truly started clicking, they were cut short.

Wasn't keen on Gresham vs Hammer. Should've done a three way with Bubblegum to keep the story up of his punishment from actions over the past few shows. As it was, it was a squash for Hammer against a guy the crowd genuinely liked so didn't want to see him squashed like a bug like Hammer's match against Gum would have been. In fact Hammer turned quasi-heel due to the crowd pulling for Gresham and the tides appear to be turning on Hammer's popularity with the crowd. And ironically considering I said about matches being too short, this one went on too long.

The four way suffered from being short as well. There were some great moments and interactions, but I couldn't help but feel this should have been something special. I got some Davey vs Lionheart and Mastiff, so I was happy with that. T-Bone throw people around. It's weird that I can say all four went out to have a great match, but for some reason it didn't feel like it clicked up into the high gear it should have. Although I will admit the finish was amazing. T-Bone had Davey set up for a fall-away slam. Mastiff german suplexed T-Bone so both he and Davey went flying, and then a perfectly timed frog splash from Lionheart onto Mastiff got him the Title and it felt like a HUGE moment and the crowd reacted as such. Really did feel like something special and big and a perfect One Year moment.

But one superkick later and it was all over, and began Travis' big moment. If you were to compare the crowd reactions, I'm not sure which would be considered the bigger pop. I'll be honest that Trav's injury probably negated any big match up's planned and when an injured Trav came out, I didn't think there was anyway he was going to lose. Shame that Lionheart had to be a martyr, but I'm really looking forward to their rematch.

I don't know why I was so... I don't want to say the word disappointed. I just wanted.... More and I guess I feel bad for expecting so much. Most promotions would kill to use the talent, have the card and matches that PCW had last night. But as a big First Year Anniversary show, I didn't feel like any match was truly special. Good show. Very good show. And a consistent show. But I personally felt that were no match that really tipped the show into spectacular territory. Which is a shame as there were at least three matches there that if they had completely clicked on the night, they would have made this show something really special.

I could review the show in detail, but if I said it was anything but a blur, I'd be lying. Ridiculous amounts of Jager and lager did the job. I normally get a bit buggered at ICW, but last night was a bit fucked even by my standards.

I remember the 20 minute match being brilliant and not much else other than Richards giving me the death stare from hell. I also tried to get him to talk about the Iowa incident, but he was like "I guess you've read it". I went a bit Paxman but he still wasn't having any of it.

Had fun meeting the UKFFers.

I'm probably gonna go down to this quite a lot now. Definately thinking about next month.

If things appeared 'shorter' then its because the planning that goes into epic matches were not possible due to half my card struggling to get to the venue with traffic from V-Fest. Manson being pist was he had drove 5hrs to get to the show with traffic and had to just walk to the ring 90seconds after arriving to the venue. Gresham and Mastiff both arrived pretty much second half too. Nightmare from my point of view and was annoyed I could not deliver some epic matches and could only give you good matches. Top it off with Travis being injured and did not remember his match with Rampage it was a stressfull evening really but least all went as good it did with the issues and limitations placed on me.

If things appeared 'shorter' then its because the planning that goes into epic matches were not possible due to half my card struggling to get to the venue with traffic from V-Fest. Manson being pist was he had drove 5hrs to get to the show with traffic and had to just walk to the ring 90seconds after arriving to the venue. Gresham and Mastiff both arrived pretty much second half too. Nightmare from my point of view and was annoyed I could not deliver some epic matches and could only give you good matches. Top it off with Travis being injured and did not remember his match with Rampage it was a stressfull evening really but least all went as good it did with the issues and limitations placed on me.

Yeah I'm sorry if my thoughts seemed overly harsh. I'd built the show up too much in my head and in reality the real thing sometimes doesn't match what you think. So sorry if it seemed like I was nitpicking and expecting wayyyyy too much.

Archived