Strangest wrestling show/event or moment

wwffan2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a WWE house show a while back which had Angle/Benoit/Undertaker and someone else (Cena?) in a main event tag. They were doing the 'can you steal a kiss from your opponent?' deal while on that tour to try and amuse themselves. I think Angle kissed Benoit during the match (it obviously didn't happen now...), and then post match, Angle cut a promo saying how much he respected Taker. They went to shake hands, and Angle jumped up and kissed him on the lips then ran down the aisle!

Taker picked up the mic and said 'you got me, but it's a long flight and your ass will belong to me the whole way home!' to which Angle mooned him.

It was an odd show...

• Paid Members

The strangest event I've ever seen may be Starrcade 99.

It featured such finishes as Shane Douglas leaving the commentary desk to get the pin in a match he ostensibly wasn't in, Kevin Nash winning a first-powerbomb-wins match by merely telling the ref he had executed a powerbomb (he hadnt), a woman winning a mens title, three swerve turns, two disqualifications and a Montreal re-hash. Only one match (out of 11) had a relatively straight-foward finish, and even that had one partner (Disco Inferno) accidentally hitting the other (Lash LeRoux, in defeat to the Mamalukes). Utterly confusing mess.

• Paid Members
I went to a WWE house show a while back which had Angle/Benoit/Undertaker and someone else (Cena?) in a main event tag. They were doing the 'can you steal a kiss from your opponent?' deal while on that tour to try and amuse themselves. I think Angle kissed Benoit during the match (it obviously didn't happen now...), and then post match, Angle cut a promo saying how much he respected Taker. They went to shake hands, and Angle jumped up and kissed him on the lips then ran down the aisle!

Taker picked up the mic and said 'you got me, but it's a long flight and your ass will belong to me the whole way home!' to which Angle mooned him.

It was an odd show...

That kind of daft shit often happens on house shows. I got to witness a surprise birthday party for Kane.

It was an odd show...

Thanks for reminding me of this beauty!!

I am currently watching WWF Raw 1996 and their is an episode called the Raw Bowl

the whole show is full of american football references and has got me wondering in everyone elses view

what is the strangest show or moment they have ever seen in wrestling ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredibly_Strange_Wrestling

I remember getting some shows years ago which including brawling out of the building onto a busy road, and a female valet urinating onto a wrestler to revive him when he was knocked out. Did anyone else ever see these tapes?

That sounds like Big Japan when they did the bath-house match that spilled out into the street. They did some weird stuff.

The Big Japan stuff was really fun, watching Tarzan Goto, The Headhunters and the like tagging in and out of a sauna to fight, surrounded by screaming nekkid ladies. The Extremely Strange Wrestling stuff, on the other hand, was just weird as fuck and a bit of a chore to watch.

I went down the whole "wow, that stuff needs to be seen" route a few years ago and it was mostly total shite. The ESW "Commissioner" is some genuine homeless bloke who drools everywhere and it's a bit like watching bumfights - just really exploitative. The actual wrestling is crappy too, with the one-note jokes wearing thin almost straight away.

Yeah, so don't bother getting the ESW tapes, they are crap.

Do get the Big Japan Shopping Mall Brawl and Bath House Brawls though, surreal and amusing, if nothing else.

The Big Japan stuff was really fun, watching Tarzan Goto, The Headhunters and the like tagging in and out of a sauna to fight, surrounded by screaming nekkid ladies. The Extremely Strange Wrestling stuff, on the other hand, was just weird as fuck and a bit of a chore to watch.

I went down the whole "wow, that stuff needs to be seen" route a few years ago and it was mostly total shite. The ESW "Commissioner" is some genuine homeless bloke who drools everywhere and it's a bit like watching bumfights - just really exploitative. The actual wrestling is crappy too, with the one-note jokes wearing thin almost straight away.

Do get the Big Japan Shopping Mall Brawl and Bath House Brawls though, surreal and amusing, if nothing else.

Got the shopping mall brawl and bath house brawl on 1 dvd if anyone wants one

edit: let me confirm that tomorrow - i remeber hiding it from the son so i didnt come home and find him asking why there was naked girls in a match

Some Japanese show that I saw probably qualifies as the weirdest thing I've seen on tape. It involved the female workers getting raped. Like, real hardcore holes fucking.

Did that somehow manage to get away with using the actual "Smackdown" logo on the front of the DVD (and in the opening credits)?

That rings a bell with me.

Are you getting ESW and Incredibly Strange Wrestling mixed up Eddie? ISW was stuff from the mid 90's.

Are you getting ESW and Incredibly Strange Wrestling mixed up Eddie? ISW was stuff from the mid 90's.

I quite possibly am mixing them up, though ESW was also from the mid-90s.

The ones I saw were the JR Benson shows...

website

• Paid Members
Some Japanese show that I saw probably qualifies as the weirdest thing I've seen on tape. It involved the female workers getting raped. Like, real hardcore holes fucking.

Did that somehow manage to get away with using the actual "Smackdown" logo on the front of the DVD (and in the opening credits)?

That rings a bell with me.

I dunno, I saw it on a video site. I don't remember too much about it, was years back. Very shady looking shit - good crowd, though.

• Paid Members

I've seen this too. If it's the same 'federation' they had a blue ring (ooer) & there was alot of fingerbanging & squirting going on. The refereeing was terrible, one chicks shoulders were down for about a 9 count when she was cumming.

Archived