Preston City Wrestling - Guild Wars 02/06/12

fludder99

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That main event, holy crap that was simply awesome!

Rest of the show aint half bad either. Great job again PCW crew!!!

Edit: Any idea as to what the turn out was number-wise, seemed even busier than the Spring Slam show I last went to.

Oh well seen as I've got a minute seen as I'm going to be absolutely knackered after Sittingbourne tomorrow...

T-Bone retained the PCW Heavyweight Championship against Bubblegum. At the start of the show unveiling of the the new PCW Title was interrupted by Bubblegum and a vid was played showing Gum selling the old title belt to Cash Converters for

Christ on a Bike, that was unreal!

Started off with silly amounts of alcohol and ended up with one of the best matches I've ever seen.

Met some more forumites, was good to see Big Benny HG in Fishers and is always a pleasure to speak to Coby Stag and Tyson SL. The usual gang of PCW Reprobates were also out, started early on the heavy stuff, cheers Richie and co for that :thumbsup: (Richie's pre event steak wasn't quite as huge as his one from his off topic exploits, I think it was from the worlds smallest cow tbh, and it took about an hour to arrive. The pub wasnt even that busy :/)

Eventually, after seeing that the PCW Lovebirds, erm vloggers extrodinaire :laugh: had reunited we eventually made it in to Lava and awaited the show.

No RP again, but 'Towel Guy' took over this time on announcing duties and did an admirable job to be fair. The matches themselves were quality from the start of the show onwards

T Bone vs Bubblegum was great, as Coby said. Nice to see Bubblegum pawning the old belt at Cash Converters and getting a measly 10'er for it via video as well.

Kirby vs Spud was really good. Kirby as with many of the PCW Roster are really on top of their game at the moment. He doesn't always get the plaudits he deserves in such a stacked card, but Kirby has had great match after great match at PCW. starting on a run from the 6 Man Money in the Bankat Festive Fury, through to a decent match vs Lionheart, and now this vs Spud. It was nice to see Spud make his PCW debut as well. I think the blonde was Hammer's Girlfriend iirc. I could have sworn that this was meant to be a 3 way with Allmark though?

M.O.B vs JD Sassoon, Cameron Kraze and Dylan Roberts, was a great brawl around the arena. Hammer showed his strength to launch Myatt over the top and Myatt and Kraze's brawl over by the Bar Area was great. Kraze looked like he was going to to lamp some poor sod in the crowd after being called a cheap Big Show rip off. Classic Heel stuff. Kraze is good, I think this is his PCW debut, he has wrestled for Southside before in the same venue in the co promoted shows last year, I'd like to see more of him, but thought he was winding down.

Max Angelis/Angelus (sp?) vs Rene Dupree, was really good. Rene looked every inch the superstar, and there was much discussion where I was that if he was a smaller guy in the E, then the bigger guys must be fricking huge. Really entertaining bout, I've read else where that he has won the Southside Title? So he is sticking about? It would be good to see him back at PCW. 'Oui Oui Oui' was massively over, but the random chants in french were awful 'Ou est la Gare' :/. Dupree was all over the shop afterwards sporting the 'old', new PCW t-shirt and smoking like a chimney. Seems a nice guy mind and was chatting to loads of fans

Trav vs Mastiff. I missed. I was very annoyed by this, but my mate had decided to do a flit and not tell anyone. He has had heart problems in the past and given that we were doing Jagers from around 4.30pm, I was hoping he was okay and didnt want to find him collapsed anywhere :angry: So I spent the match trying to find him. Thanks to Mrs PCW and others for helping me, even though it transpired he had pissed off. It's a shame because I was really looking to this and will have to pick up the DVD when it becomes available. Bah

Dave Rayne, Mikey Whiplash vs Sam Bailey and Bubblegum in the Bra and Panties was a bit disappointing to be honest. It wasn't that the wrestling was dreadful, nor that it wasnt funny, it just missed Manson who had issues with his transport Whiplash wrestling for most of the match in Bra and Panties was a haunting vision. Some of the facebook pictures that are up cannot be unseen :omg: Dave Rayne's turn on Whiplash on the end keeps things open ended as well. I wonder what will happen with those four (not Bubblegum) in PCW going forward as they have feuded for months and it's been fun every step of the way. Bubblegum's loss and next opponent being chosen by PCW was great. Hammer vs Bubblegum. No doubt Bubblegum will weasel his way to a win, but not before getting a bit squished by hammer I hope :)

El Ligero vs Akira Tozawa was utterly mind blowing stuff, one of PCW's best matches, and certainly a MOTY candidate for any promotion. I might even go as far as saying it is PCW's best ever match and given that the Trav/ Lionheart match from the other month was a epic as well that is saying something. From start to finish it was jaw dropping. I dont think words here could adequately describe what went on, but the match had everything. reversals, high fliying, technical stuff, some brawling in places as we were treated to a fantastic main event. The crowd were mentally into it, and all of the near falls towards the end and the place was utterly nuclear. In the end it was a springboard tornado DDT that won it for Ligs iirc. Deservedly both men got a standing ovation from the whole crowd.

Top stuff allround. PCW just keeps going from strength to strength

Im not going to give a match by match run-down as pat and colby have already summed up the matches bang on.

However some highlights from the evening for me:

Spuds entrance and trying to pull and the crowd chants about his rather small size, sadly my Umpa Lumpa chant went over the heads of those around me

Hammer pressing Myatt over the top rope onto Robbie Savage and co

Dupree bringing some real star power to the show and of course his dance got a big pop

Mastiffs human cannon ball flip onto Travis in the corner, that move looked sick!

The main event was mind blowingly good. The series of false finishes had the crowd standing and cheering (even my missus who aint really into wrestling was hooked). The handspring tornado DDT was a great finishing move to the match, and Tozawa was great in the heel role and his smirky grin was funny as hell

My only gripe with the event was the drink prices were a lot more than the last event I went to (Spring Slam)

I really want to make the August 1 year anniversary show but no one I know who would want to go can make it so would the regulars here who are going want to put up with me for the next show? :)

Archived