Preston City Wrestling - Guild Wars 02/06/12

fludder99

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right Yates' crew, what time is anyone / everyone assembling in there for the pre show tipple?

I am now looking at arriving into town at half 3. Will anyone be out and started at that point? If I get any of the later train / bus combos then it's not really worth coming for a pre show pint. The next one get me in just 45 min before the doors open (and adds an extra 30 min travelling time onto my journey) and the one after that gets me in smack on door time.

If anybody is going into town early you do know the entire city centre has a big fun fair in it?

If anybody is going into town early you do know the entire city centre has a big fun fair in it?

I was most certainly not aware of this. I might get my face painted and have a quick shot on the big wheel before I go into Yates

Really, really looking forward to this show now. I greatly enjoyed their Feb show and have been itching to return to Preston for a while now and this show is fucking loaded. Really glad I was able to get front row for this one before they all sold out.

Tozawa vs Ligero is going to be MOTN. I know the card is already loaded with potential show stealers like Mastiff/Trav and for pure enjoyment value the B&P Tag match, but Tozawa/Ligero stands head and shoulders above them as the match I am most looking forward too. To me Tozawa is one of the best wrestlers in the world right now, and it's crazy to think that his meteoric rise to the top only began arguably under a year and a half ago after a break out performance against Chris Hero in PWG. Before that point he was a talented and charismatic wrestler who's attitude stopped him from going higher in DG in Japan, but on that night in PWG everyone came to see him for the future star that he was. He was then one of the most over people in California, he started clicking a lot better in DG USA and by the time he returned to Dragon Gate he was groomed as the new future star. And in all big matches be it in Japan, America or over here in England last year against Scurll, Tozawa has really delivered and then some. He is for my money one of the most consistent wrestlers going in the world and he's only going to get better. But speaking of wrestlers who consistently deliver high quality matches, El Ligero is probably one of England's best. UKFF 50 #1 last year showing that most people can agree he is one of England's best, even if he isn't there personal #1. For me, as I've said before, Ligero has such high quality matches night in, night out, I can't really remember the last time I've been blown away by him seen as I expect a great match as standard. This could be one of Ligero's biggest matches that he's had in a long time as it seems like other wrestlers now get first nod against the imports (if I were a booker I'd be guilty of this too). So for this match Ligero really has opportunity to show why he's considered not just one of England's best, but THE best.

It feels like people are really sleeping on Mastiff vs Trav for whatever reason. Mastiff to me is currently England's best heavyweight on the scene right now and always puts in a good performance, even if it will be hard for him to reach the heights of those matches against the NOAH guys again. Travis can be an excellent fighter when put against a larger wrestler as his matches against Kevin Thorn and recent match against Stixx have shown. These guys are two of England's best and yet this match has never happened before to my knowledge, mostly due to not really being in the same rankings when in promotions together. So this really is a first time match up as only PCW seem to be able to deliver right now. And I know a lot of talk on FB has been about Trav wanting to steal the show and seeing that as an immediate threat to the PCW Title..... I think it's more that him and Mastiff are going to try and usurp the show from Tozawa/Ligero.

Speaking of only in PCW, I don't think there's ever been a tag team bra and panties match.... Featuring four blokes. Manson is THE funniest wrestler in England. Perhaps one of the funniest people in England even as I can't remember the last Manson match that I didn't enjoy. Whiplash is one of England's best as well and it's a shame that I haven't seen more of him this year (although I saw too much of him in that video.....) and Dave Rayne really does have a unique connection with the PCW audience you probably won't see anywhere else or ever again. I think this match will end up being memorable if nothing else at worst....

And I'm really looking forward to a lot of other stuff. T-Bone vs Bubblegum should be really good as I love Gum's chavvy twat character. I'm hoping Max Angelus continues his break out performances against Rene Dupree. And Spud vs Kirby to my knowledge is a first time ever match and these two right now are in career peak form so should be able to put on something great together. The Bar Room Brawl, from what I'm expecting to see of it, should be a lot of fun as well and cater to the fans who prefer the 'hardcore' style of matches.

So yeah this show is absolutely fucking STACKED. And I can't see any reason why all of the matches shouldn't deliver.

Cracking post Cobystag!

Trav and Mastiff hasnt slipped under the radar. Mastiff vs Noam was utterly immense last time, the whole thing should be amazing.

Getting carried away for a bit, UKFF picture in the Ring? There are enough people going. Silly Idea, but hey ho

So, meeting in Fishers at 3.30 then? For the Yates Crew/Chuckle Brothers/Anyone else who is reading this?

Getting carried away for a bit, UKFF picture in the Ring? There are enough people going. Silly Idea, but hey ho

So, meeting in Hunters at 3.30 then? For the Yates Crew/Chuckle Brothers/Anyone else who is reading this?

My train rolls into town at 3:31, so I

So, meeting in Hunters at 3.30 then? For the Yates Crew/Chuckle Brothers/Anyone else who is reading this?

My train rolls into town at 3:31, so I

plenty of new merch at the show with the new PCW tshirt

Pokemon1.jpg

available in Kids sizes from age 3/4, Adult S-XL and Ladies sizes from size 8-16

Also plenty of DVDs to add to our collection, we have our very last 2 year 1 sets for a while only

Archived