Preston City Wrestling - Guild Wars 02/06/12

fludder99

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tickets booked, looks like another great show!

Not going out and getting completely pissed after this one though, saving for NY holiday & Mania takes priority these days :)

haha, sounds good! Im hoping everybody comes to see JoMo ponce about so I can go Mania lol

Tickets booked, looks like another great show!

Not going out and getting completely pissed after this one though, saving for NY holiday & Mania takes priority these days :)

haha, sounds good! Im hoping everybody comes to see JoMo ponce about so I can go Mania lol

Will have to see if you can be stuffed into a large suitcase and blag your way over :laugh:

Besides, PCW 1 year anniversary will be better than Mania :)

Also, if I get hard-cam seats, can I get comission if I take a PCW sign? :)

Looking forward to this one, be great to see Ligero in a singles match, and against Tozawa, and always love a Trav match!

Plus first time ever 4 man bra and panties.

Hope Mr Thunder doesn't mind me stealing his thunder, but he announced on facebook last night that Terry Frazier is added to the card, looks like Mansons long and unchantable chant worked! :laugh:

Though I realise there was no real negatives although a couple mentions of slight disappointment/not first choice with regards to Ligero, personally I think PCW have made a great choice in putting Ligs and Tozawa together. Its amazing to think that arguably the busiest and perhaps best wrestler in the country right now is overlooked on the indy / hardcore fan spectrum since the collapse of 1PW. I realise he has a child friendly gimmick which some don't find to their taste and perhaps because he wrestles so much to some he may be 'over-exposed' in that they see him perform so frequently especially as it may be in family orientated style matches BUT Ligs is a much better performer now than he was during the 1PW days when everyone was raving about him and is more than likely the most versatile performer in Europe today. If you're wanting match quality then realistically I think it's going to be hard pressed for anyone to better this. If anything, this match may end up reminding you just how good El Ligero is and that he would be a welcome and fitting roster member to any top promotion in the world today.

Three people commented on that, but all have said it will be a great match regardless. Now personally if I could have listed potential opponents for Tozawa, Ligs would be on that list but he wouldn't be my first choice. Tozawa and Scurll had an amazing match last year that I and several others considered to be the best match of 2011 featuring a UK wrestler to take place on English soil, and I felt that a rematch would not only be MOTN but a serious MOTYC for the UK if not worldwide. I fantasy booked Tozawa vs Kirby two years ago as I felt their wrestling styles and personalities would gel perfectly. But Ligero would have still been an option for Tozawa not only to face someone who could offer him a great match, but to be a representative of the fantastic wrestlers in England right now who could easily slot into the Dragon Gate style of wrestling.

Now if I could book a show tomorrow featuring an all star cast of UK talent, Ligero would be on my card. Furthermore he'd be in the main event as I recognize that not only is Ligero a fantastic wrestler, but like you said his gimmick is very child friendly and marketable. So he's not over-looked by me at all. And in regards to 'over exposure' the only negative Ligero has in that regard is that he is *so* good you expect a certain level of quality when it comes to Ligero's matches and his performance, so that a great outing becomes the norm and standard. I'm sure I said in my write up for the previous years UKFF 50 that Ligero is so good it becomes common place so a new break out wrestler emerging onto the scene or a talent really upping their game up makes it easier for them to stand out against the ever dependable hand that you expect him to be good regardless.

So to me Tozawa vs Ligero is going to be hands down the match of the night, and that's not to take anything away from any of the other announced matches. And it's not all going to be Tozawa who I feel is one of DG's best wrestlers right now as Ligero is going to be there with him every step of the way. I believe this is also Lig's first match against an import since Eddie Edwards in Nov 2010 so you are right this match could remind people how good Ligero truly is as he really hasn't had the big match opportunities in recent years, instead facing a diverse and versatile list of not only the UK's best but helping to improve and develop some of the UK's next generation of stars. So when I've seen Ligero live in the past 12 months, he's been the best wrestler in the match........ Now this match will really force him into upping his game and offering him an incredibly stiff challenge to face one of the best wrestlers in the world where going into it, he might not be seen as the best wrestler in the match.

Even if it was Scurll or Kirby in my fantasy booking, they'd still be in that same boat.

Good looking match up that. I felt sure Dupree would end up partnering the Blondes against MOB, so happy to be surprised. Here's hoping we get heel Dupree against pissed off fiery babyface Frazier as Terry is one of the best intense faces I have ever seen.

Okay so for anyone who has never seen Tozawa in action before, you *need* to see this match.

http://www.openthedragongate.com/2012/05/i...g-of-gate-2012/

Akira Tozawa vs Naruki Doi.

It's the second to last match so starts at around 2 hours 11 minutes in. Unfortunately the vid host is crap so you have to let the entire thing load before you can skip. Sucks I know.

But this match was absolutely fucking incredible. The best singles match to take place in Dragon Gate so far this year and maybe even better than Tozawa/Mochizuki in DG USA Mania weekend.

Brilliant, brilliant match. And I full expect this to be the Tozawa we get in June as well.

He is for my money one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now.

Okay so for anyone who has never seen Tozawa in action before, you *need* to see this match.http://www.openthedragongate.com/2012/05/i...g-of-gate-2012/Akira Tozawa vs Naruki Doi.It's the second to last match so starts at around 2 hours 11 minutes in. Unfortunately the vid host is crap so you have to let the entire thing load before you can skip. Sucks I know.But this match was absolutely fucking incredible. The best singles match to take place in Dragon Gate so far this year and maybe even better than Tozawa/Mochizuki in DG USA Mania weekend.Brilliant, brilliant match. And I full expect this to be the Tozawa we get in June as well.He is for my money one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now.

Tozawa is amazing, and I'm really looking forward to his match. I was a big fan of this match against Johnny Gargano from AIW's TPI 2011

I'm very happy you booked him. If the show itself hadn't already sold me, Tozawa would have *definitely* got me to attend and I'm glad I got front row when I did otherwise I would have been annoyed to not get to see Tozawa vs Ligs that close.

Just passed 250 pre sales so over half of all tickets now gone!

This week I have over 2000 flyers to go door to door with and 200 posters to put up so I expect another ticket rush. The show is also just after everybody gets paid so also expecting a good turn out at the door. We will be counting each person who goes in as we can not pass 500 due to the terms on my liability insurance.

Tozawa and Dupree for under

Archived