Wrestlemania Alternative Card

Jason Mayhem

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Some people must be abit clueless, why on earth would you want to see Swagger stink out the card in singles action? Especially at Mania. Fucking hell..

Yeah, it's almost as if everyone doesn't have the exact same opinion as you on every wrestler. Outrageous!

wwe title - punk vs jericho (rumble winner)

world title - sheamus vs barrett (EC #1 contender)

rock vs orton (heel)

cena vs taker

hhh vs del rio

bryan vs mysterio

miz vs foley

ic title - cody vs christian (face)

us title - ziggler (face) vs swagger

divas title - beth vs natalya

Some people must be abit clueless, why on earth would you want to see Swagger stink out the card in singles action? Especially at Mania. Fucking hell..

Yeah, it's almost as if everyone doesn't have the exact same opinion as you on every wrestler. Outrageous!

Well fuck me, you all must have a bad taste in wrestling if you find that goofy dull twat interesting.

• Paid Members

He's been stuck in a position where match length and what he means in said matches makes him hard to care about. As his initial ECW run proved, he's a perfectly fine wrestler and is capable of showing some charisma. Objectively, there's nothing wrong with him. Subjectively, you're perfectly entitled not to like him, but to characterise anyone who disagrees with you about the quality of one single wrestler as "clueless" is particularly childish.

It's not childish the guy is shite. I thought he showed something when he first went to SmackDown post winning the WHC in 2010 but the guy continues to get worse. He is unbelievably bland and needs to just fuck off.

If he's good then, can you point out a few good moments of Swaggers career to back up your point? As I can't think of anything, plus I can think of at least 10 guys off the top of my head who deserve his spot

• Paid Members

"Shite" isn't a fact. It's your opinion, and claiming your opinion is fact is childish.

As I said, his ECW run was hard to fault. I thought his debut on Raw where he refused to wrestle Orton showed he can be a smarmy bastard too, if you're looking for character stuff. Like I said, he's in a position now where he's bland because he never talks and is barely ever in a memorable match. He's not being booked in a way that's supposed to make people care about him.

He's doing what he's told and paid for even though his star's fallen massively since his Money in the Bank push, and he's doing everything he can with it. He's bland, but he's in no way bad at what he does, and given that he's still plugging away despite being in a much lower position than he was expecting, I'd say that's perfectly deserving of the tiny, tiny role he has for Wrestlemania. I'd love to know how you judge who "deserves" it more than him.

"Shite" isn't a fact. It's your opinion, and claiming your opinion is fact is childish.

As I said, his ECW run was hard to fault. I thought his debut on Raw where he refused to wrestle Orton showed he can be a smarmy bastard too, if you're looking for character stuff. Like I said, he's in a position now where he's bland because he never talks and is barely ever in a memorable match. He's not being booked in a way that's supposed to make people care about him.

He's doing what he's told and paid for even though his star's fallen massively since his Money in the Bank push, and he's doing everything he can with it. He's bland, but he's in no way bad at what he does, and given that he's still plugging away despite being in a much lower position than he was expecting, I'd say that's perfectly deserving of the tiny, tiny role he has for Wrestlemania. I'd love to know how you judge who "deserves" it more than him.

I think you are absolutely spot on with this.

I think there is an obvious answer to the problem of some of the guys being bland and that is bring back more tag team wrestling. Ziggler and Swagger as a team would be pretty good, swagger wouldn't have to talk that much as ziggler or vicki could do the talking for him. He could be the anvil to zigglers hitman.

The same could go for many of the other guys on the roster, instead of an endless list of meaningless singles competitors you would have a bunch of meaningful tag teams.

If he's good then, can you point out a few good moments of Swaggers career to back up your point? As I can't think of anything, plus I can think of at least 10 guys off the top of my head who deserve his spot

What, apart from the fact he was in the best match WWECW ever had against Christian at Backlash 09?

• Paid Members

I too like Jack Swagger, he's not as bland as people makes out and at least tries to show some emotion and character through facial expressions and the way he carries himself which is better than some of the guys who just go out there do their shit and don't try and get over. I used to think he was abit boring myself but he really won me around with a great t.v match with Cena about a month ago.

• Paid Members

Jack Swagger for me sums up the worst of wrestling. Not just in 2012, but of any era. He's like Dino Bravo. A complete spenk, who bores the piss out of anyone who has the misfortune to witness him, but his size and legit accomplishments make you wonder how its possible for him to look like such a goon. Swagger's a decent wrestler, I dont deny him that. But he's not got an original bone in his body, he's not got anything that makes him stand out from the pack and he's got the personality of an novelty keyring. He dresses like Kurt Angle, he wrestles like Kurt Angle and he does Kurt Angle's finishing move (all with the quality control turned down 75%). Thats all he is. That bloke who dresses like Kurt Angle and has the face of Biff from Back to the Future. And he has a disabled mouth which makes him sound exactly how you imagine a man with that haircut and face to speak.

How can you have his background and his size and still present yourself as a complete spanner? He's a good wrestler, with a legit amateur wrestling background, yet he's a complete joke of a character, who doesnt have many redeeming qualities. And WWE has done him no favours either. The last thing we needed is to be constantly told he's a plank. Thats all these fans know him as. I cant see anyone investing in Swagger ever.

I'd have:

The Icon vs The Legend

Goldust vs The Rock

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk vs Evan Bourne

World Heavyweight Title Match

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

Streak vs Mask

Rey Mysterio vs Undertaker

Street Fight

John Cena vs Randy Orton

Tag Titles Match

Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger vs The Usos

Wrestling vs Boxing

Big Show vs Muhammed Ali

Opening Match for IC Title

Chris Jericho vs Triple H

World Title Match

Daniel Bryan Vs CM Punk

Intercontinental Title Match

Cody Rhodes Vs The Big Show

Team Teddy Vs Team Johnny (a 10 man tag)

Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio & Sheamus & Mick Foley & Santino Marella

Vs

Chris Jericho & Mark Henry & Christian & Alberto Del Rio & David Otungu

World Tag Team Title Triple Threat Match

Primo & Epico Vs Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger Vs R Truth & Kofi Kingston

Hell In A Cell Match

The Undertaker Vs Triple H

Mixed Tag Team Match

Zach Ryder & Kelly Kelly Vs Kane & Eve

The Main Event

John Cena Vs The Rock

the Rock vs Shawn Michaels (with Ric Flair - One off proving comeback match)

Hell in a Cell

Triple H vs Undertaker - (Mick Foley Special Referee)

World Title

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho

Kharma vs Beth Phoneix

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes (with Dusty Rhodes) vs Goldust

Dolph Zigger/Jack Swagger vs Bigshow/Rey Mysterio

Ladder Match

Christian vs Kofi Kingston vs Drew McIntyre vs Evan Bourne

the Uso's/Tamina vs Zack Ryder/R-Truth/Kelly Kelly

Archived