Wrestlemania Alternative Card

Jason Mayhem

I think there is an obvious answer to the problem of some of the guys being bland and that is bring back more tag team wrestling. Ziggler and Swagger as a team would be pretty good, swagger wouldn't have to talk that much as ziggler or vicki could do the talking for him.

Ziggler and Swagger have been teaming for months, it's done nothing for either of them.

He could be the anvil to zigglers hitman.

Or the Phil to Ziggler's Grant.

The same could go for many of the other guys on the roster, instead of an endless list of meaningless singles competitors you would have a bunch of meaningful tag teams.

No, you would have a bunch of meaningless tag teams. Like the Swagger-Ziggler one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main thing I would change is the way Jericho and Punk has been booked.

Jericho does an actual surprise return at mania (no confusing video packages/twtiiter bullshit) and wins the rumble. The next night he comes out to explain his return. He left wrestling because he had nothing left to accomplish. However what should have been the biggest moment of his career was a let down for him. He headlined Wrestlemania 18, but was overshadowed by The Rock and Hulk Hogan.

Now for the last year he has had to watch as the best wrestler in the world CM Punk is going to be over shadowed by the Rock and John Cena. Jericho can say he understands that Rock and Cena are the headline act (even if he thinks they don't deserve it,) but he has returned to give Punk the best "wrestling" match of the night. As the story evolves Punk will question that this isn't for him and that Jericho is just bitter and feels he has something to prove. The story would start off with the two men relatively neutral to each other and just looking forward to the match. Jericho would show undertones of a heel (mainly when slagging off the Rock and Cena.) This would build until Jericho starts trying to get under Punk's skin in order to get the best match possible out of him, saying stuff like Punk's Dad was an alcoholic and pretty much anything that will piss Punk off. Having the four men interact on an episode could help give Rock and Cena something more to talk about and help elevate the Punk/Jericho match. Punk already mentioned in the build up to MITB the fact the Rock is in the main event makes him sick, so there is another talking point

"Once in a Lifetime"

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vs. John Cena

Rock to win after a long, exciting match with much back and forth action which will have the crowd going crazy. I'd imagine more love from the fans for The Rock, being in his hometown and all but seeing as though there will be people from all over the world I would expect some cheers for Cena too. Following the match I think it'd be cool to have Cena turn full blown heel by having The Rock offer his hand to shake, Cena shakes it but then totally blindsides him and brutally beats him down, the last shot showing Cena standing above The Rock shouting at the fans something along the lines that they made him do it, he's had enough of them and trying to get them on his side, maybe throw in the odd swear word or something to make it seem a bit more shocking in PG friendly land.

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk

if everyone was fit and good to go id have:

The Rock vs John Cena- Once in a Lifetime

Undertaker vs Triple H- Hell in a Cell

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho- Best in the World for the WWE Title

Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett- World Title Match

Kane vs Zack Ryder- No Holds Barred, Falls Count Anywhere

Daniel Bryan vs Big Show

Santino Marella vs Cody Rhodes- Title for Title

Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, David Otunga, Christian and ADR

vs

Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Great Khali

Mark Henry vs Sheamus

R Truth vs Miz

Beth vs Kharma- Divas Title

old school mania, stacked card with good slow long build for each match

Jack Swagger for me sums up the worst of wrestling. Not just in 2012, but of any era. He's like Dino Bravo. A complete spenk, who bores the piss out of anyone who has the misfortune to witness him, but his size and legit accomplishments make you wonder how its possible for him to look like such a goon. Swagger's a decent wrestler, I dont deny him that. But he's not got an original bone in his body, he's not got anything that makes him stand out from the pack and he's got the personality of an novelty keyring. He dresses like Kurt Angle, he wrestles like Kurt Angle and he does Kurt Angle's finishing move (all with the quality control turned down 75%). Thats all he is. That bloke who dresses like Kurt Angle and has the face of Biff from Back to the Future. And he has a disabled mouth which makes him sound exactly how you imagine a man with that haircut and face to speak.

How can you have his background and his size and still present yourself as a complete spanner? He's a good wrestler, with a legit amateur wrestling background, yet he's a complete joke of a character, who doesnt have many redeeming qualities. And WWE has done him no favours either. The last thing we needed is to be constantly told he's a plank. Thats all these fans know him as. I cant see anyone investing in Swagger ever.

You've got it spot on there.

Remember a few weeks ago when he won the US title from Zack Ryder after 3 Gutwrench Powerbombs to an already injured Ryder? When winning the title the crowd couldn't give a flying fuck. There was no cheers or boo's just a small fraction of the crowd clapping him.

To move on to himself, in the ring he is a pretty decent Amateur wrestler but apart from that he has nothing going for him. He looks goofy, struggles to hide his lisp and what on earth is going on with his blonde locks? The only minor reaction he does receive is down to Vickie Guerrero.

The guy has had many chances, being ECW Champion, winning MITB 2010 at Mania, cashing it on Jericho and winning the WHC, being in numerous feuds for the US title and then defeating an injured Ryder for the US title. He's been given more chances than half of the roster and he's proved nothing. Personally I think the WWE have shot themselves in the foot with Swagger as by giving him all these achievements it would be difficult to bury him further/release him.

Archived