WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 3/23/2012

ThePhenom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Miz could participate on Team teddy, have a hand in the team winning and milk what Teddy owes him in return while also moaning about his entitlement.

Of course, that would involve having Teddy Long be the GM, and I'd far sooner Johnny stick around.

SmackDown wasn't great this week. But I am finally starting to enjoy Daniel Bryan who is coming across a prick really well. Sheamus really needs to do something. Having him defeat someone every week isn't doing much for him. I hope with 1 week left there feud finally becomes interesting. Although I still think Daniel Bryan is majorly over-rated by your typical work rate perverts.

Bad points would have to be Swagger appearing on TV. The guy is piss poor. Miz being jobbed out again and Khali still being around, the guy looks too battered these days but he did crack me up when he was wearing Zack Ryder merch.

• Paid Members

I know Teddy's a bit thick, but why would he want a bloke who hasnt won a match in months on his team, with his job on the line? I'd rather bring back King Kong Bundy if I was Teddy Long. For me, I'm not looking past Rey Mysterio. You always go with star quality on WrestleMania. If this was Extreme Rules of Money in the Bank, it probably would be the Miz. But if there's a chance you can get on of your most popular acts on the event, they'll do it. He wont need to do much.

Dr. Lucha speculated that its going to be Rey's last year in the ring, anyway, so he'll want as many big pay days (like he needs it) as he can.

I know Teddy's a bit thick, but why would he want a bloke who hasnt won a match in months on his team, with his job on the line? I'd rather bring back King Kong Bundy if I was Teddy Long. For me, I'm not looking past Rey Mysterio. You always go with star quality on WrestleMania. If this was Extreme Rules of Money in the Bank, it probably would be the Miz.

Dr. Lucha speculated that its going to be Rey's last year in the ring, anyway, so he'll want as many big pay days (like he needs it) as he can.

Yeah, I hope its Rey Rey. I think on Raw John Laurinitus will bring out Del Rio and then Teddy will bring out Mysterio.

I think The Miz will cut a promo at Wrestlemania then someone will come out and beat him up maybe, REALLY hope he doesnt involve himself in the main event though...

Smackdown was a bit rubbish, apart from Bryan who is amazing as always. It would be a real shame to see his title reign come to an end. At least him and Sheamus interacted with each other this week.

• Paid Members

Sheamus needs the win more, in my opinion. If Daniel Bryan loses the belt, he still has AJ to bitch at and be a twat to. What does Sheamus have? Its not like the belt is a large part of Daniel Bryan's act anyway. Losing the belt would make him even more of a jealous nutcase.

Sheamus' momentum is already falling off a cliff. A loss at WrestleMania would do him far more damage. Sheamus needs the win, Daniel Bryan doesnt.

From a storyline POV it's amazing McIntyre isn't on Team Johnny. Drew's been feuding with Teddy on and off for about 2 years, Teddy fired him, Johnny brought him back. It's logical he'd be on the team. Maybe if for some reason Del Rio isn't ready, Drew is the backup.

Maybe some kind of bizarre Miz turn is the backup if Rey isn't ready.

Hopefully somehow Khali is removed from the team. I can't stand him.

When Khali is a participant in a big multi-man match I can't help but imagine that he's gonna get taken out prior to the match just like he did at Summerslam 2010 in the WWE Vs Nexus match. I was surprised to see him in the Elimination Chamber match last month aswell.

Fingers crossed though they decide to pull him out of the match in a similar fashion that they did with Kozlov last year (Although Kozlov was decent, unlike Khali)

• Paid Members
Sheamus needs the win more, in my opinion. If Daniel Bryan loses the belt, he still has AJ to bitch at and be a twat to. What does Sheamus have? Its not like the belt is a large part of Daniel Bryan's act anyway. Losing the belt would make him even more of a jealous nutcase.

Sheamus' momentum is already falling off a cliff. A loss at WrestleMania would do him far more damage. Sheamus needs the win, Daniel Bryan doesnt.

That's the thing though, Sheamus has zero momentum and I don't think a token title run will help him much - when his babyface reign is over he'll still be cold. D Bryan, on the other hand, is on a good run and SD is much better with him as champion. They can protect Sheamus by him battering D Bryan and then getting cheated out of his win, maybe this will make the fans want it more too.

I like Sheamus, but nobody is really bothered if he wins. That's why I don't think it will hurt him, long term. It's not like Lex, where he has all this fan fare, only to let them down. Sheamus needs a good run of feuds, then the belt. Just plonking the belt on a cold wrestler is part of why WWE fail to make stars, these days.

• Paid Members
That's the thing though, Sheamus has zero momentum and I don't think a token title run will help him much

"Cold wrestler"? He's got a title shot at WrestleMania, than most expect him to win. If he loses, he's pretty much fucked. It would be far better if he won the belt and defended it for a few months, than losing at WrestleMania and difting off into Smackdown hell, like everyone else on that roster. I cant see what a win for Daniel Bryan does for him. He's an established character now, who has a ready made storyline with or without the title around his waste. He doesnt need a belt. The belts means nothing if you are already over. Sheamus has Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Mark Henry and a few other heels to wrestle. Post WrestleMania, Daniel Bryan will just continue to slag off AJ if he wins or loses. If Sheamus loses, whats he going to do? Win the title at an event with less people watching?

Archived