WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 3/23/2012

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

* World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan and his girlfriend AJ Lee open the show. Bryan gets massive heat from the crowd as he tells AJ to explain why she loves him. Sheamus interrupts the segment and declares he will win the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 28.

* Mark Henry squashed R-Truth.

* Yokozuna is announced for the WWE Hall of Fame.

* The Great Khali and Zack Ryder were announced for Team Long at WrestleMania 28.

* AJ Lee beat Brie Bella after a distraction from Daniel Bryan.

* Zack Ryder defeated Jack Swagger.

* We get a video from earlier in the day with Cody Rhodes. He guarantees a win over Big Show at WrestleMania 28 and leaves so he can catch is plane.

* Big Show beat Kane by DQ after Cody Rhodes interfered. After Show chased Cody off through the crowd, Randy Orton slid into the ring and hit Kane with a RKO.

* Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater in a quick squash match.

* Backstage segment with Eve Torres and Zack Ryder. She blows him off.

* Christian comes out to join commentary.

* Dolph Ziggler comes out with John Laurinaitis and David Otunga and The Great Khali comes out with Teddy Long and Santino Marella. Laurinaitis calls for the bell when Ziggler applies the sleeper to end the match. Teddy restarts the match and threatens to count Ziggler out and he does. Santino and Kofi Kingston take care of Ziggler and toss him back in the ring where Khali lays him out with a big chop.

* CM Punk and Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan and The Miz in the main event. Sheamus got the pin over Miz after a Brogue Kick.

That seems alright I guess, though I really wish that Swagger and Khali weren't on Wrestlemania. Luckily it's a 12 man so they won't get much time to stink up the place together.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or is team teddy so much weaker than team johnny?

The only decent ish guys are Kingston & R-truth (Mid card at best)

Then 2 comedy guys Santino & Ryder

And a guy who cant wrestler in Khali

Compaired to

a 2 time world champion - Christian

One of best wrestlers at the moment - Ziggler

a former world champ & us champ - Swagger

Recent world champion & Main eventer - Henry

and Otunga (nothing good to say)

I also think that Del Rio will be joining team Johnny too

• Paid Members
Is it me or is team teddy so much weaker than team johnny?

The only decent ish guys are Kingston & R-truth (Mid card at best)

Then 2 comedy guys Santino & Ryder

And a guy who cant wrestler in Khali

Compaired to

a 2 time world champion - Christian

One of best wrestlers at the moment - Ziggler

a former world champ & us champ - Swagger

Recent world champion & Main eventer - Henry

and Otunga (nothing good to say)

I also think that Del Rio will be joining team Johnny too

The babyfaces should be under-dogs. A heel win should be a foregone conclusion. Then when they win, it'll be party time.

How come you've pointed out that Swagger is a former US Champ but not Ryder?

And Santino is the current US champ.

And Khali is a former World Champion too.

I do take your point about the teams looking lop-sided though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a face-turn Miz guiding team Long to victory.

I don't see how they could make Miz turn. Ian mentioned in another thread the best face turns are the ones that happen naturally, when the crowd start cheering a guy even though he's not changed his personality, ala Austin Aries. The Miz's current persona has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Whether it's a good idea or not I don't know. But I think they are kind of moving towards it. He can't get on Big Johnny's team so joins Teddy's team to spite Johnny. He doesn't have to act any differently, it actually kind of fits in with Miz's petulant character.

I do doubt the crowd would take to him though. Who else is there to take the last spot on Team Teddy? It would have to be someone of a comparable standard to Del Rio or Christian I'd imagine.

• Awards Moderator
Whether it's a good idea or not I don't know. But I think they are kind of moving towards it. He can't get on Big Johnny's team so joins Teddy's team to spite Johnny. He doesn't have to act any differently, it actually kind of fits in with Miz's petulant character.

I do doubt the crowd would take to him though. Who else is there to take the last spot on Team Teddy? It would have to be someone of a comparable standard to Del Rio or Christian I'd imagine.

I could see Miz joining Team Teddy, then costing them the match by hitting SCF on Truth or someone, allowing Team Johnny to win. You then get a post-match Miz on the mic begging Johnny to accept him now, and Johnny making his first decision as unified GM to fire Miz. It's a possibility...

• Paid Members
I don't see how they could make Miz turn. Ian mentioned in another thread the best face turns are the ones that happen naturally, when the crowd start cheering a guy even though he's not changed his personality, ala Austin Aries. The Miz's current persona has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

It's easy with a strong heel. As much of a cock as The Miz comes across, he pales in comparison to Big Johnny. So if The Miz gives him a slap and joins Team Teddy, he'll automatically become a babyface. They'd need to do some work on him post turn but it would only take a few interviews where he points out that his lack of humility saw him drop from the main event scene and that he knows he needs to work harder, be aggressive and less arrogant.

I'm not sure if he can carry it off but they might aswell try because he's been floundering for a long time. There are certain aspects of his character that already get over with the crowd, the "really" stuff and the catchphrase get a bit of a sing-a-long.

It's easy with a strong heel. As much of a cock as The Miz comes across, he pales in comparison to Big Johnny. So if The Miz gives him a slap and joins Team Teddy, he'll automatically become a babyface. They'd need to do some work on him post turn but it would only take a few interviews where he points out that his lack of humility saw him drop from the main event scene and that he knows he needs to work harder, be aggressive and less arrogant.

I'm not sure if he can carry it off but they might aswell try because he's been floundering for a long time. There are certain aspects of his character that already get over with the crowd, the "really" stuff and the catchphrase get a bit of a sing-a-long.

that didn't really work for Sheamus though did it? As soon as he apologised for acting like a twat when he was Champion his cheers definitely decreased and people are losing interest in him. Also because he hasn't really done much as well, but still. He'd have been much better without talking so much and doing a Randy Orton and just being his ass-kicking Irish self instead of acting like a pansy and trying to win over the 'WWE Universe' by sucking up to them.

I really want Bryan to hold on to the belt. He's been a revelation with it.

As much as I like Bryan's current character, I feel that another year where the Royal Rumble winner fails to win the title at Wrestlemania will hurt both Sheamus and the Rumble it's self.

Archived