Raw Discussion 12th March 2012

tiger_rick

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They'll surely be waiting until after Wrestlemania to push Ziggles? He's main eventing house shows with Cena post wrestlemania.

In which case, he should be being featured on TV now and going over a mid-level babyface at WrestleMania. It's not rocket science. Unfortunately, because everyone below the main event trades wins and losses every week, they've lost the hierarchy.

• Paid Members

He was wrestling for the WWE title in January. And now look what he's doing. Doing jobs to John Cena on house shows isnt saying much for your prospects. They obviously arent committed to making him a star. He's a jobber to the stars, but thats about it. He's the bloke who takes John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Sheamus' offence really well. They've beat him down so much, its going to take patience to rebuild him up to a level higher than he's previously been.

The way he was treated during that match at the Royal Rumble was a killer. He was pinned to the mat a load of times, which usually leads to the heel pulling out a victory. But not, he ended up getting beat as well as taking the blindsided three counts. As much as anyone on the roster, Ziggler looks as if someone see's him in a certain role on the card, and he wont rise above it.

Serious question; Is Ziggler's name holding him back? Even when talking about wrestling to wrestling fans I can't bring myself to say his name out loud because it's too embarrassing. I just refer to him as Dolph.

Wrestlemania's already stacked as it is. Ziggler being involved in a one on one match with somebody at WM would have practically nobodys interest. Are you looking forward to Cody Rhodes vs Big Show? The only matches i'm looking forward to are Undi vs HHH, Rock - Cena, and the heavyweight title matches (barely). Get him booked into an interesting storyline after Wrestlemania and let him show how good his verbal side is. We already know he's great in the ring.

• Paid Members
Serious question; Is Ziggler's name holding him back? Even when talking about wrestling to wrestling fans I can't bring myself to say his name out loud because it's too embarrassing. I just refer to him as Dolph.

I don't think so. He's just a little bit short in every department. reminds me very much of Mr. Perfect in 1990 or so. While a very, very good wrestler, he just doesn't have the game to be a top guy, he'll always be a level down.

Wrestlemania's already stacked as it is. Ziggler being involved in a one on one match with somebody at WM would have practically nobodys interest. Are you looking forward to Cody Rhodes vs Big Show? The only matches i'm looking forward to are Undi vs HHH, Rock - Cena, and the heavyweight title matches (barely). Get him booked into an interesting storyline after Wrestlemania and let him show how good his verbal side is. We already know he's great in the ring.

He'd have something to focus on and something to brag about afterwards. Not every match has to be a selling point, some things make sense for other reasons. If someone like Truth or Kingston meant anything, then you'd put Ziggler over them in a grudge match at WM and he'd come out of it far better than he went in.

I would definitely suggest Vickie is the one thing he needs to get rid of before they can genuinely push him. He doesn't need her, someone else could benefit from her, and fuck the association with Jack Swagger too. I mean really, no one would choose to be associated with that goofball.

I have no issue with Vickie but I don't think she serves any purpose by Dolph's side these days.

• Paid Members

I said in the WrestleMania thread that with Orton and Kane just being thrown together because they were leftover, i'd have preferred Orton and Ziggler being put together, with the goal to make Dolph actually look like a serious threat leaving WrestleMania. I was saying he should go over but, if he looked competitive and lost, due to a Vickie fuck-up, then post match dumps Vickie, making it clear he's going out on his own and turns #face, i'd be all over that. #ManiaMoment.

Saw alot of people saying Rock's Concert was 12-year-old standard 'banter' but for me, Cena's rap (as good as it was) continues to make him look bitter, jealous and generally not as good as the Rock.

I'll say it again The Rock is the most charismatic man in wrestling and possibly Hollywood. The bloke pisses it. Nobody in the WWE holds and controls the crowd like he does, he's come back and made the rest of the roster look shit in comparison. His promo actually garnered laughs from my Dad when we were watching it, when his usual reaction is "get this shite off!"

• Paid Members

Yeah but who gives a shit what your Dad thinks? He's not going to buy Wrestlemania.

The Rock's stuff has been lame and boring and Cena's has been just as bad. Both men are just repeating the same points over and over each week with different "jokes" about cocks, bums and twitter. This fued could be so much more than it is.

Yeah but who gives a shit what your Dad thinks? He's not going to buy Wrestlemania.

The Rock's stuff has been lame and boring and Cena's has been just as bad. Both men are just repeating the same points over and over each week with different "jokes" about cocks, bums and twitter. This fued could be so much more than it is.

• Paid Members

With the Jericho/Punk thing, Jericho is playing a vicious, insecure, jealous bully - so why wouldn't he do everything he can to get under Punk's skin and really cut him to the core in order to get the upper hand? It's not a desperate 're-write' of the feud at all. He wants to belittle Punk and put him off his game anyway he can so that he has the psychological edge going into Mania.

• Paid Members

How do you know that, exactly? The Rock is cutting the same promos he cut last year. And figures increased huge because of him. If his Dad is pissing himself laughing, he's more inclined to say "I want to see Rock slap this prick about". As I said earlier, people know what they are getting with the Rock. Thats why there will be no change in his promos and character. Ironically, the same reason they havent turned Cena heel. As lame as Cena can be, the people buying his shit like it. Rock's a big celebrity, who has the added bonus that he can tap into the nostalgia market that turns up every March. Its arguable whether Rock is lame. Its not arguable that Rock is a big draw.

Mickfan's Dad bought Rebellion 99. He has previous.

Archived