Greetings Grapple Fans -- a new book by me for

JNLister

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I have bought both of Lister's books (and placed both in my favourite wrestling books list) and I will probably eventually get this as well.

BUT! I have it on good authority that John Lister has the TV series Rumble. I will buy this if he uploads it to youtube.

EDIT: Butch got there before me. Its like we had planned this in chat or something *nervous laugh*

• Paid Members

That is brilliant! Thanks so much. Did you ever review them or anything? I'm sure I remember you doing a piece on Rumble and posting it on here. Until I joined the UKFF, I could have sworn I'd dreamt this up. There's so little information about on it. When that Birds of a Feather stage show comes to Sunderland, I'm going to see if I can meet Lesley Joseph and get a few questions answered about this. I wonder if Birds of a Feather do 5 quid backstage passes, like All Star do?

The Goodest Arrows directed straight at you, Lister.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's the article (well, so long it became two articles) that's in the book. It's 100% spoilertastic though. Gist of it is that watching back, even though it was as bad and pointlessly swervy as I remembered, it was far more realistic than the people writing it would ever have known.

Brilliantly I've just noticed I somehow managed to repeat the second half of the article in the book. Now that'a a swerve.

• Paid Members

Christ, Leslie Joseph's looking alright on this isnt she? She's well and truly in her prime here. We dont see enough of her on telly these days. She still looks good, judging from her appearance on Come Dine With Me.

You should have had a bit about WrestleXpress in the book. I still get a laugh about hearing about that. Although, I wouldnt have been laughing at the time, if I had ordered the tickets, like I planned to.

Well, you can certainly have Episode One to be going on with.

Rest to follow once I've A) ripped them and B) made sure DailyMotion aren't about to yank them like they did when I uploaded Hulk Who? The Video.

I want Hulk Who?!!

Christ, Leslie Joseph's looking alright on this isnt she? She's well and truly in her prime here. We dont see enough of her on telly these days. She still looks good, judging from her appearance on Come Dine With Me.

And Ian shes doing a Birds Of A Feather tour near me atm.

• Paid Members
I want Hulk Who?!!

Not 100% sure, but I think it was the soundtrack rather than the wrestling content that was getting it pulled. I do have a couple of segments from it though:

One Man Gang becomes Akeem

Loving all the YouTube comments on the Hebner bumps of people asking if I used DOS, or how I managed to get the old-school VHS look. That'll be because it was, er, made in 1996 on VHS. I had to literally sit there with one machine on record and pause while I cued up the other tape (which is why every music video has clips in the order they took place on a show). And the graphics were a fricking upgrade from volume 1 because I got to use the OSD on Ross Hutchinson's camcorder.

• Moderators

Lesley Joseph is surprisingly far fitter than I remembered, and I actually caught myself sniggering a few times.

Is this the most accurate representation of Britwres and all that goes with it in media history? I'd say so.

• Paid Members
I got to use the OSD on Ross Hutchinson's camcorder.

Ross Hutchinson wouldnt be Ross The Boss Gordon from TalkSport and the UCW, would he? He used to be the only thing worth listening to on the post-Boyd Talk Wrestling shows.

EDIT: Fucking Dave Lee Travis is on Rumble! Never expected that one. When the rival promoter calls into DLT's radio show, Johnny Pecs should have snapped. "This is THatchet job, Dave. A proper Pearl Habour situation, we t'got here." You cant have Bischoff phoning in, if Vince is on. I bet all the newsletters thought it was a work.

Archived