Sign in to follow this  
Halitosis Romantic

Yanky Panky thread

They do mention football. I know this because ESPN news is constantly on in our house. They don't talk about it a ton or anything but if there are any big games going on (and they're on over here) they do talk about it. I mean, Americans really don't care about it. Apart from when they're playing in the World Cup or whatever.

If you live in the New England area you see a lot of Liverpool games on NESN because of the John Henry connection.

If anyone is on a bit of a budget when buying American Goodies and doesn't mind short shelf life check out...

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/clearance-corner-184-c.asp ....I bought out their Chips Ahoy stock yesterday (down to 95p a pack, for a big pack...and its the ones with m&ms in)

Or www.foodbargains.co.uk They sell a lot of American stuff (this is past its best date though, The year old Mountain Dew I bought for a quid for a case of 12 bottles! Flat as fuck though. They did have a great range of Jack Daniels BBQ sauces, Paul Newman wing sauce and Budweiser sauces, all were 2 for a quid.

Yes I am a tight arse.

The only american food I really care about that's hard to get are pickles for burgers. Where do you source them over here? The shops I've used have closed down and alternatives have stupid postage costs.

If you live in the New England area you see a lot of Liverpool games on NESN because of the John Henry connection.

I live in Boston and this is very true - they have the EPL (American way of calling the Premiership) game of the week - which coincidentally is virtually always a Liverpool game!