UK wrestler Val Kabious signed to WWE

Snitsky's back acne

I'm surprised this has only just been announced as it's been reasonably common knowledge since the Liverpool WWE show where the tryouts happened. Well done to him. Sort of puts egg on the face of those who slag him off everytime his name comes up in the UK50.

Not really.

Most people with a bit of common sense know that WWE sign at least 50% of their new talents based largely on their physical attributes (and a desire to get better).

WWE often sign green/unproven/average wrestlers based on their "look" with the hope of bringing their in-ring game up to par. Valkabious already looks like a TV wrestler, that's why they signed him, not because he's actually one of the best in-ring talents in the UK.

WWE always primarily goes for look over ability with developmental guys, that's why they sign up dozens and dozens of them and only a few ever amount to anything.

Good luck to him though. If he's ever gonna "make it" the WWE system is probably his best bet.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised this has only just been announced as it's been reasonably common knowledge since the Liverpool WWE show where the tryouts happened. Well done to him. Sort of puts egg on the face of those who slag him off everytime his name comes up in the UK50.

Not really.

Most people with a bit of common sense know that WWE sign at least 50% of their new talents based largely on their physical attributes (and a desire to get better).

WWE often sign green/unproven/average wrestlers based on their "look" with the hope of bringing their in-ring game up to par. Valkabious already looks like a TV wrestler, that's why they signed him, not because he's actually one of the best in-ring talents in the UK.

WWE always primarily goes for look over ability with developmental guys, that's why they sign up dozens and dozens of them and only a few ever amount to anything.

Good luck to him though. If he's ever gonna "make it" the WWE system is probably his best bet.

Why not though? My original point was more to do with the fact that he gets slagged off by all the knowitalls on here because of his in-ring ability but then the biggest promotion in the world say "Come and wrestle in the states and make a living doing what you love" so if I'd been slagging him off it'd certainly make me feel a dick, especially when a lot of the guys in the UK that get hyped over may never get the same shot he has. I agree he's probably been signed based on his look but I dont think he gets enough credit for his work, they've obviously seen something in him that they know they can work with- he just needs to fit in to WWE's mould and improve his promos. I hope he does well, it'd be nice to see a UK indie guy get a break.

Not really.

Why not though? My original point was more to do with the fact that he gets slagged off by all the knowitalls on here because of his in-ring ability but then the biggest promotion in the world say "Come and wrestle in the states and make a living doing what you love" so if I'd been slagging him off it'd certainly make me feel a dick, especially when a lot of the guys in the UK that get hyped over may never get the same shot he has. I agree he's probably been signed based on his look but I dont think he gets enough credit for his work, they've obviously seen something in him that they know they can work with- he just needs to fit in to WWE's mould and improve his promos. I hope he does well, it'd be nice to see a UK indie guy get a break.

The times that I've seen people slag him off, it was almost always with the add-on that he looks great and they could "absolutely see why he gets work".

Like I said, the only people I think it makes look a bit silly are those that blindly think WWE is the "absolute best" and that they only ever sign the World's best wrestlers. This of course isn't the case - they sign wrestlers who fit in with their looks-obsessed idea of what wrestling should look like, and therefore often waste loads of time and money on people who look the part but otherwise suck balls.

• Paid Members
it'd be nice to see a UK indie guy get a break.

Could you elaborate on "UK indie guy" for me?

I've only seen Val on shows a handful of times but I've generally felt he looks like he'd fuck me up for looking at his pint funny down the pub, which is great because I can switch off and buy into to what's going on so simply.

However he never lived up to the hype he seemed to get on here if I'm honest and seemed a bit all over the place, cramming a pint in a half pint pot if you will, and as a result it all felt a bit more meh than it should. Enjoyable but should have been amazing, if you follow.

Sorry Cobra, but there is absolutely no egg on my face.

WWE have signed Khali, Hornswoggle, Zach Gowan, because they had what they were after instead of actual wrestling talent, and an over-obundance of people who have "the look".

I have warmed to MVK, he does have some great intensity in the ring and a lot of raw athletic ability.

But to the people thinking he'll make Vince a lot of money...... Shelton Benjamin had a look, a lot of raw athletic ability that went with his college amatuer wrestling background, but he never made Vince a dime. But Shelton never had the intensity that Valkabious has shown, although hands down he would be considered a better "wrestler". I've never really seen much of MVK's promo skills in all honesty and we all know how good Shelton was there....

Andre Tyson is a blinding name in its own right.

I was just about to post the same thing. Great name for a wrestler.

I don't think that's his real surname, it wasn't what he used to use on facebook until about a year ago

I don't think that's his real surname, it wasn't what he used to use on facebook until about a year ago

If that is true then Doug Basham goes back to being the best real-name wrestling name.

If that is true then Doug Basham foes back to being the best real-name wrestling name.

A friend of mine knows someone whose name is Danny Basham. I thought that was pretty incredible, myself.

Dave Taylor got him his try out as a rib, cause he thought he was fuck awful and WWE would tell him to fuck off, Dave is the only one with egg on his face. I believe another wrestler got a try out at the same time by kissing Road Doggs ass relentlessly but was told to fack off after cause he physically looked like a packet of chicken flavoured supermarket brand crisps with arms & legs.

I believe another wrestler got a try out at the same time by kissing Road Doggs ass relentlessly but was told to fack off after cause he physically looked like a packet of chicken flavoured supermarket brand crisps with arms & legs.

You've just perfectly described all the wrestlers in the Scottish Top 50 thread.

Archived