Sleepwalking Thread.

Kata Ha Jime

Well Hello.

Good nights sleep? No? Because you were folding clothes you say?

That's right. Recently for some strange reason I have been falling asleep all nice and normal, then waking up and finding all of my clothes (even ones out for the wash) folded. This has happened a couple of times but I thought it may have been someone else, however I have had the house to myself a bit and it still happens. I have also woken up trying to get something off of my wardrobe, but then went back to bed, it only hit me what I was doing when I woke up for work.

It's not the most amusing tale of sleepwalking I know. That's where you come in. Any similar tales?

• Paid Members

I've only sleep-walked once, and funnily enough my incident involved clothes as well.

I was about 10. I woke up in the middle of the night and brought the dirty clothes from the hamper in my bedroom down to my mum, who was still up. She asked me what I was doing and told her I was bringing the clothes she had asked me to bring down. She told me to look down, and cue my confusion when I see my duvet in my hands. My mum tells me to go back to bed, I drop the duvet and turn when my mum says, "You might need that."

Absolutely surreal waking up the next morning and remembering I did that, but not being conscious whilst I did. And an odd thing to have a guilty conscience about, not taking my clothes down the night before, to sleep-walk about. God knows what I'd do in my sleep if I had murdered someone!

I've only sleep-walked once, and funnily enough my incident involved clothes as well.

I was about 10. I woke up in the middle of the night and brought the dirty clothes from the hamper in my bedroom down to my mum, who was still up. She asked me what I was doing and told her I was bringing the clothes she had asked me to bring down. She told me to look down, and cue my confusion when I see my duvet in my hands. My mum tells me to go back to bed, I drop the duvet and turn when my mum says, "You might need that."

Absolutely surreal waking up the next morning and remembering I did that, but not being conscious whilst I did. And an odd thing to have a guilty conscience about, not taking my clothes down the night before, to sleep-walk about. God knows what I'd do in my sleep if I had murdered someone!

Had you pissed the bed? I'd imagine thats the story a 10yr old would invent to cover up a urine-soaked duvet he was trying to sneak into the wash.

• Paid Members

Had you pissed the bed? I'd imagine thats the story a 10yr old would invent to cover up a urine-soaked duvet he was trying to sneak into the wash.

Nope. Genuine guilty conscience over not taking some dirty clothes down.

EDIT: If I'd really pissed the bed, why would I make up a story? I just wouldn't post anything *sigh*

Nope. Genuine guilty conscience over not taking some dirty clothes down.

EDIT: If I'd really pissed the bed, why would I make up a story? I just wouldn't post anything *sigh*

Wow, you're really defensive over a joke. Maybe I hit a nugget of truth there. Maybe after some 10 odd years you actually believe the lie and now your fragile psyche is crashing down around you.

Maybe, just maybe.

• Paid Members

I'm not aware that it's ever happened at home, but there have been a couple of incidents when I've been on holiday.

The first would have been when a mate was grinning over me one morning and asking whether I'd spoken to Martin yet, our uptight German friend. I hadn't. So I was filled in on the details. Martin wasn't best pleased to wake up in the early hours of the morning to find me standing by his wardrobe taking a piss over all his clothes. I cleaned up as best I could, offered to pay to have them dry-cleaned etc but he still wanted me to hang. "But how do you know it was me?" "Because I watched you do it! You were asleep!" In spite of the fact that he knew I wasn't awake and didn't do it on purpose he still would allow no thought of mercy or empathy to enter his head. Not doing much to purge the stereotype, that one, and given that he still won't talk to me (five years later!) when I see him I regret I didn't go the whole hog and lay a somnabulist cable on his clothes too.

The next one happened a year or two later. According to my girlfriend I sprang out of bed in the early hours, patted my way frantically along the wall until letting myself out the door and running down two or three flights of stairs with people milling about. A minute or so later I came back into the room and used the ensuite toilet before going to bed. The catch was that I happened to be naked whilst running around like a demented dervish in front of other people who were innocently milling about.

The lesson seems to be that I should avoid drinking loads of cheap beer into the early hours of the morning whilst on a winter break in Germany ... and sleep in my shorts. I've adopted the latter but the former is a habit that I'm not particularly willed to break.

When I was 15 I had a job working with my mum- she was a doctor's receptionist, sorted me out a job just filing paperwork. I got into work at 11 one morning, mum had already been there three hours. One of the other receptionists wandered past me and casually said 'Hello David, seen Jesus lately?'. I had no clue what she was on about so went and asked my mum. It turns out that as my mum was getting up for work that morning at about 6,I'd wandered into her bedroom in my pants, fast asleep, and told her that I'd just helped Jesus divert a missile.

Just imagine what she'd have thought if you started sniffing her knickers during your unconscious journey.

Nah, her mother was an absolute horror. No chance would even an unconscious me go near her draws. The girl herself was reasonably allright though. All my birds since then have gotten progressively more minging.

I'm a terrible roommate, I sleepwalk and talk all the time. In Australia;

- I was found clinging to the fridge screaming terrifyingly at 4AM in my sleep

- My roommate woke in the middle of the night to find me sat on the edge of my bed in a trance, rocking backwards and forwards, he said it's the most creepy/unsettling thing he's ever seen

- In a big dorm at a backpackers place, a friend and I reportedly had a conversation while we were both asleep

At University I sleepwalked right out of my block in my underwear, during the middle of a recurring dream I kept having where I was at a party in the downstairs rooms and had to get upstairs. I looked for the flight of stairs but being on the top floor there were only downward flights, so I woke up realising my mistake. You had to swipe a card to get back in, and mine was still in my room, so I rang the bell for about twenty minutes before anyone roused themselves to let me in. Needless to say they were somewhat surprised to find me there in my smalls.

And then there's just little stuff when I was younger like pissing in my Mum's boyfriends bag when I was asleep etc

• Paid Members

I was staying with my grandparents at their caravan in Skegness as a kid, and I went to sleep really late, after watching Terror of Mechagodzilla on Channel 4. Apparently, my mama walked into the living room to see me stood up, roaring like Godzilla and throwing big punches.

• Paid Members

When I was about 8 my Mother walked into my room and woke me asking what I'd done with my quilt as it was nowhere to be seen. I got up still asleep and picked up a stack of 'post it' notes on my desk, I wrote on one, "My quilt is over there", and then stuck it on the wall and got back onto my bed minus the quilt. I didn't remember any of this the next morning, then she pointed out the 'Post it' note still attached to the wall. Very odd.

Years later I also woke up in the little cupboard in my room that I kept my CD's and DVD's in. I blame that on booze though.

Archived