Sleepwalking Thread.

Kata Ha Jime

• Moderators
When I was about 8 my Mother walked into my room and woke me asking what I'd done with my quilt as it was nowhere to be seen. I got up still asleep and picked up a stack of 'post it' notes on my desk, I wrote on one, "My quilt is over there", and then stuck it on the wall and got back onto my bed minus the quilt. I didn't remember any of this the next morning, then she pointed out the 'Post it' note still attached to the wall. Very odd.

Did you ever find the quilt?

• Paid Members
When I was about 8 my Mother walked into my room and woke me asking what I'd done with my quilt as it was nowhere to be seen. I got up still asleep and picked up a stack of 'post it' notes on my desk, I wrote on one, "My quilt is over there", and then stuck it on the wall and got back onto my bed minus the quilt. I didn't remember any of this the next morning, then she pointed out the 'Post it' note still attached to the wall. Very odd.

Under the bed.

• Moderators

Under the bed.

Another win for James Randi.

• Paid Members

Under the bed.

Covered in piss.

• Paid Members

Under the bed.

Covered in piss.

Standard really.

Years later I also woke up in the little cupboard in my room that I kept my CD's and DVD's in. I blame that on booze though.

Lucky it was a decent sized cupboard.... :L

Too many

*) At a quite young age would regularly sleepwalk into my dad's study and piss in the waste paper basket - took my parents quite some time to catch on to what was happening there

*) On a school trip (which involved a 24 hour bus journey) walked up and down the bus aisle before attempting to open the door (of a moving bus) and then sat down in a teachers lap

*) After having my appendix out I was sleep walking a lot. In the hospital I'd keep getting up, wondering around and often trying to pull the drip out of my arm, then after leaving hospital I'd be wondering around the house most nights. Oddly I could barely move when awake due to the pain but when asleep i'd be very active - one point running up and down some stairs

*) In a youth hostel in Prague - i was in a 3 room dorm (me, a mate and some stranger who we'd not met) - got up in the middle of the night and proceeded to piss all over the stranger's bed with him in it. Thank fuck there was someone there who knew me to placate the very angry foreigner who wanted to kill me (i'd gone back to bed at the point)

I think Prague was the last time (I was 19) - don't think I've obviously wondered since then but it's left me with some great anecdotes.

EDIT: This ones not me, but amuses still. It was my flatmate at the time's birthday and a bunch of friends had come to visit (we went to school together). Big night, we'd all mostly crashed about 7ish. A few hours later I'm awakened by a frantic knocking at the door, open it to find one of the guys who'd been staying in the flat. Turns out, in his sleep he had wondered out of the flat and starting walking around the building (5 floor jobbie with plenty of flats, we were on the 4th floor) and awoke to find himself sitting on the ground floor. He couldn't remember our flat number and due to being asleep when leaving the flat had neglected to bring a mobile, wallet or anything useful like that (or shoes IIRC). He'd ended up spending the best part of an hour knocking on random doors to see if we could find the right flat / someone who knew us

Same friend also had a habit of sleep walking in the middle of the night and getting in bed with his brother. This happened frequently

• Paid Members

My other half used to sleepwalk when she was a kid. Apparently she once woke her sister up by barging into her room and kneeling down next to her bed to pray, despite her and her entire family being atheists.

Couple of strange ones:

I decided to stay over at my parents place one night as it got late after a family visit, so I went to sleep on their sofa bed. Woke up in the morning to find myself fully dressed outside the front door, plus I had locked the door and posted the key back through the letter box.

My Gran once heard a lot of late night banter coming from my room. She thought I must of had some friends staying over so she quietly knocked on my door to ask us to keep it down. When the banter turned into shouting she opened my door and found me punching my TV whilst shouting at it. I calmly looked at her and said I hated my TV because it was black and white, even though it wasn't.

When I was 20 I 'woke up' in the middle of the night and for some reason thought that I was a Lionbar! I then shouted until my mum came to see what was happening. When she came into my room I apparently whispered to her 'don't let them eat me, I'm a fucking Lionbar'.

Finally, the strangest one..... Again in my early 20's I woke up and was convinced I was a sleeping bag. I shouted a lot until once again my mum came into my room to see what was going on. I declared that I was a sleeping bag and we could make a fortune by selling me and my sleeping bag friends as its cold outside and ever one needs one. My poor mother switched the light on to find that I had taken the kitchen chair into my room and somehow managed to stand on it and piss up on to my ceiling!! Said piss was actually dripping off the ceiling as the rest of the family were called in to see what their big brother had been up to this time.

Archived