Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chest Rockwell

Funniest Moment of 2011

What was the funniest moment of 2011?   149 members have voted

1. 1. What was the funniest moment of 2011?

• John Lauranitis - "Don't make me take off my jacket!"
    • Regal comes out to the "Man's Man" music
    • CM Punk - "OMG! Kevin Nash! WTF? I thought he was dead! LOL!"
    • John Lauranitis - "I would like to wish John Morrison all the best in his future endeavors"
    • Michael Cole - Anal Bleeding
    • Sheamus and Beaker
    • R Truth - "Little Jimmys"
    • John Lauranitis - "I am Mr. Excitement"

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

It's not been a vintage year for comedy has it?

Johnny Ace has been fantastic every single week. The Cena - Punk stuff was packed with funny stuff. R-Truth has been funny right the way through the year, one way or another. I think it's been pretty good, actually.

There are quiet a few funny throwaway lines every week but very little that's truly memorable. Not a load of decent visual stuff either. Most of the stuff on the list was only mildly amusing. Not a great year for real LOL moments.

I agree re. the 'throwaway lines'. Wouldn't say it was a 'bad' year but nothing really stands out. In WWE at least we've had some legit funny but ultimately forgettable one-liners from guys like 'Big Johnny', Big Show, Henry, Miz, Ryder, Truth, Cole, Booker, Sheamus, Triple H, Punk, Cena, Rock, Ziggler, Vince McMahon, even Lawler occasionally - but not much that was memorable.

I blame them not using Regal on the main shows more frequently.

Need to watch more TNA/Indie stuff in 2012 to compare what the comedy standard is like there at the moment.

Mulling it over in the nominations thread, I was convinced there was one particular moment that I really found quite funny and genuinely had me sniggering away. I couldn't and still can't, for the life of me think what it was/is. I'm thinking it may have involved Del Rio though.

Anyway, surprised Cole, the Colemine, his face being slammed into the Colemine or NXT season 3 didn't make the cut.

Out of those that did, R-Truth has been great, his delivery to Mr. H's of 'you...you crazy' was tremendous and of course...

'USEDTA IS A ROOSTER FROM BREWSTA!'

'...I want my son back.'

One of the funniest lines of the year came from William Regal on "Z True Long Island Story".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzFYuYc59yQ

Yeah, Regal needs a regular gig on Raw/SmackDown. Entertaining as he might be on NXT, youtube shows, etc. his talents are being wasted when he could be used to give us a laugh on the big shows.