UKFF Scottish Top 20: Results Thread

AJS269

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised to see Jester at such a low rank, he's a fantastic talent who has delivered on any show I've seen him on. He had a belter for us against Falcon in Bridgeton also. My only guess for his rank would be that people probably thought others would vote for him. End of the day, in my opinion Mikey Whiplash should be at the very top of this poll, but alot of folk forgot him entirely!Delighted for Divers and Dunbar though, two fantastic talents who have worked their bollocks off this year. They have probably been SWA's MVPs this year. I'd go as far as saying Divers is the "One to watch" in Scotland for 2012.I must note. I got slated last year for saying that Joe Coffey would be the one to watch for 2011, and he wrestled for every Scottish company in 2011. Don't disappoint me Divers!

Coffey hasn't worked for every Scottish company.
I don't think he wrestled for Wrestlezone, but he worked for SWA, BCW, PBW, ICW, W3L, SSW and NOW.

i'm looking forward to the top 5i rekon it would be between Kid fite, Lionheart, Noam Dar, Liam Thompson and Andy WildBut You never know whats waiting round the corner

No love for Gunn?
Ah I Forgot about booty, mmmm i say that would be the top 6, not in that exact order, i think Noam or Kid Fite may push for 1st place

Hes worked for at least 4 of the major companies , did he work for W3L this year?

Some, maybe even most. Not every. That's all I'm pointing out.
Lets us all be honest here, the top 4 in Scotland are really all that mattter, that's all I am pointing out ;)

Hes worked for at least 4 of the major companies , did he work for W3L this year?

Lets us all be honest here, the top 4 in Scotland are really all that mattter, that's all I am pointing out ;)
Not to all of us.

Not to all of us.
Ok megan, I am saying the majority.I have seen clips on youtube from WRESTLE ZONE and W3L based in Scotland and from what I see it is nowhere the quality of Wrestling you see around the Glasgow area. In my honest opinion and that of many people I know.

Not to all of us.
Ok megan, I am saying the majority.I have seen clips on youtube from WRESTLE ZONE and W3L based in Scotland and from what I see it is nowhere the quality of Wrestling you see around the Glasgow area. In my honest opinion and that of many people I know.
Hey, you watch a Kongo kev match and tell me that again.

Not to all of us.
Hey, you watch a Kongo kev match and tell me that again.
Surely this account is a piss-take ?

Err guys, there is results going up here.

The reaction to this is gonna be fun :closedeyes:

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

12th

Andy Wild (2010 RANK- 10th)

321624_10150299101449775_213500819774_8197304_110064555_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

Highlight of 2011-Ending 2011 with a bang.

Andy Wild has always been one of the best wrestlers to come out of the Scottish Pro Wrestling Academy, and in 2011 boy did he hit it big.

One doesn't know where to begin on this mans year- he performed in America for CZW, (admidtedly representing 1PW but lets ignore that ) against mentor Kid Fite. However in Scotland his highlights must of been the tail end of the year.

Firstly in the Scottish Weekend of wrestling not only did he face both NJPW Superstar Fergal "Prince" Devitt but also this years UKFF Top 50 runner up Zack Sabre Junior, but he also won the long running best of 5 series against last years UKFF Scottish Top 20 winner Liam Thomson.

However in November at BCW No Blood No Sympathy , Wild won his first major singles gold in the big 4 when he won the BCW Openweight Championship

Lowlight of 2011- Low Ranking

Andy Wild was my outside favourite to be 5th or maybe even win the UKFF Scottish Top 20, I was stunned to think that he didn't even make the top 10. Hes had an incredible year.

Wild is class, top bloke. Had a hell of a barney for WZ in June against BT Gunn, and totally deserves the plaudits he's been getting of late. I think he's had a phenomenal year but probably not enough to dislodge the main contenders for the top 5 (and probably lost out to some people's personal faves too). I can only see him going from strength to strength and maybe challenging for the top this year.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

11th

Wolfgang (2010 RANK- 9th)

293097_10150299101414775_213500819774_8197303_1829877258_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

Highlight of 2011-PBW Tag Champions

Wolfgang has had a good year in 2011, He has remained an integral part of the Gold Label in ICW, He had great showings in PWE, BCW and SWA and is certainly one of the most entertaining guys in Scottish Wrestling today.

His highlight from an achivement point of view however must be his winning of the PBW Tag Titles with longtime rival Lionheart. They won the titles in a fantastic match with the Final Cut (Noam Dar and Liam Thomson) at PBW Breaking Limits and haven't looked back since, beating several tag teams including

Project Ego at PBW Maximum Impact in October

Lowlight of 2011- Not Challenging for a title

Wolfgang has long been a Main Eventer of the Scottish Scene, In 2008 he even became the first triple crown champion (Holding the PBW, SWA and BCW Titles at the same time) ,2011 marked the first time in 5/6 years that Wolfgang has not been involved in ANY Heavyweight title matches.

(Sigh) ... lets deal with the elephant in the room, no one would ever want Kid Fite's Sweaty Testicles upon their forehead, as I am sure he will be reminded at the next ICW show, Wolfgang got teabagged.

Archived