UKFF Scottish Top 20: Results Thread

AJS269

Hey everyone.

The top 20 is going to be put up 1 a day as before, but before the top 20 is revealed, here is a list of the people who just missed out this year.

21st-Falcon (2010 Ranking-16)- The Veteran misses out this year after being 16th last year. Won SWA Tag titles only to lost them as part of his heel turn at Clan Wars. New Heel Persona has refreshed what had become a stale midcard comedy act into on of SWA's top heels and led to him removing his mask, how the unmasked Falcon will do next year, we will have to see.

22nd-Chris Rampage- Just misses out on the top 20 for the second year in a row, new heel persona in ICW has brought fresh momentum to Rampage, even if he does seem to take a pasting every time hes out. Also had a stand out year in PBW and BCW which included wrestling former WWE and WCW Champion Kevin Nash.

23rd-CJ Hunter (2010 ranking -13)- Another Veteran to miss out having fallen 10 places CJ Hunter has had a relatively quiet year, the only real point of interest being his feud with Dickie Divers over the Source Title.

24th-Eric Canyon- The third SWA original just to miss out on the top 20 Eric Canyon won the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Title at the Gathering in Febuary before losing it at Clan Wars. Also held the SWA tag titles not once but twice and had several great matches through the year

25th-Mikey Whiplash- Since Whiplash has been living in Scotland for several months he was in fact eligible for the UKFF Scottish Top 20, however despite tearing it up in all the major Scottish Companies (including a potential MOTY with Joe Coffee in SWA and a unforgettable debut in ICW) Mikey Whiplash misses out this year.

And Now we get to the Scottish Top 20.

Or rather we will get to it later today when the man (or woman) who finished 20th, will be revealed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay lets get this show on the road.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

20th

CHRIS RENFREW (2010 RANKING 20TH)

296145_10150407127195620_206968150619_10614528_5630858_a.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

Personal Highlight of 2011- Most of 2011 in ICW

When I asked Chris Renfrew of his highlight of the year, he couldn't pick an individual moment , so he instead picked his whole year in ICW, and who can blame him, Chris Renfrew has been consistently at the top of the card and is one of the most public faces of the company (and voices if you include Pulse FMs One Wrestling Show). Renfrew has had several great matches in ICW mostly as one half of the N.A.K with BT Gunn, he also became a radio personality where amongst other things he got to interview the legendary Dennis Stamp (who I think we can all agree we wish a swift recovery from his medical issues), Hardcore Legend Mick Foley, Al Snow, Mickie James and Magnus, oh yeah and some guy who held the JCW and NWA World Titles , but the less said the better.

Personal Lowlight of 2011-Adam Shame

Anyone who pays attention to youtube will know of the video war between Adam Shame and Chris Renfrew. One would have thought this would be leading to a match or at the very least a brawl. But when Adam Sham and Chris Renfrew finally met face to face at ICW Fear and Loathing 4 , all we got was Shame standing in the crowd with a pouty lip staring at Renfrew in the ring before walking away without even reaching the ringside barrier and leaving everyone wondering," what was the point of that?"

If Renfrew, Whiplash and Rampage are barely in the Top 20...I can see some inaccurate listings throughout this list.

I reckon though that the top 8 or 9 will be pretty accurate. Looking forward to see if theres any shocks on the cards.

If Renfrew, Whiplash and Rampage are barely in the Top 20...I can see some inaccurate listings throughout this list.

I reckon though that the top 8 or 9 will be pretty accurate. Looking forward to see if theres any shocks on the cards.

Inaccurate in terms of your opinion, this is a forum poll so by it's very nature can't be inaccurate. It's a concensus opinion of those who voted.

well yeh of course my opinion, but You can see Renfrew was 20 last year, and of course is 20 again this year, but he has improved massively in the past year, had alot better matches etc. So seems a bit strange for him to remain stagnant.

But yeah, the concensus opinion of those who voted makes up the 20. So what does my opinion matter.

well yeh of course my opinion, but You can see Renfrew was 20 last year, and of course is 20 again this year, but he has improved massively in the past year, had alot better matches etc. So seems a bit strange for him to remain stagnant.

But yeah, the concensus opinion of those who voted makes up the 20. So what does my opinion matter.

Your opinion matters 1/however many people voted. That's exactly how much it matters to the poll. These polls are as much about exposure as they are talent. I haven't seen Renfrew work, so no matter how great he is I can't vote for him. Could just be the same situation for a lot of voters.

I guess so but then ICW has been thee promotion in Sctoaldn in 2011, anybody can watch ICW online and most Scottish fans on here are fans of ICW and most attend shows. so would have expected the main guys on the ICW roster to have had the most exposure in Scotland in 2011, and would have expected the poll results to reflect that, but obviously not. As i say i think most people's top 10s would have been roughly the same anyway but the 10-20 might spring up some surprises.

I guess so but then ICW has been thee promotion in Sctoaldn in 2011, anybody can watch ICW online and most Scottish fans on here are fans of ICW and most attend shows. so would have expected the main guys on the ICW roster to have had the most exposure in Scotland in 2011, and would have expected the poll results to reflect that, but obviously not. As i say i think most people's top 10s would have been roughly the same anyway but the 10-20 might spring up some surprises.

It's a poll on an internet forum, I wouldn't really take it too seriously.

i'm not really, but i'm trying to create a bit of discussion surrounding the entrants etc and my opinions on the poll itself, and you're just being a fanny about it.

I have a large interest in Scottish Wrestling and I am interested in the pool, as will some of the other Scottish fans on here, so either make an effort to contribute to the discussion or fuck off instead of saying "oh well its just a forum poll dont take it too seriously"

• Paid Members

He's not being a fanny about it, though, I think that particular label should fall on you because a wrestler from some company you're a fan of didn't place as well as you wanted in some meaningless wrestling forum poll. Plus, you clearly are taking it seriously if, unprovoked, you're already telling people to fuck off over it.

He's a fanny.

I didnt even come on here moaning or complaining. Simply passed my opinion on how i thought the poll would go. As i say, trying to create discussion. No need to be patronising.

Someone obviously takes it seriously enough to compile the poll in the first place so the least we can do is show a bit of respect.

He's a fanny.

I didnt even come on here moaning or complaining. Simply passed my opinion on how i thought the poll would go. As i say, trying to create discussion. No need to be patronising.

You're not willing to discuss though, you called his and others rankings 'inaccurate' which means you've already decided that the poll is wrong. When your assessment was challenged your replies have amounted to "I guess, but I'm still right". You want me to conceed the point, and when I said that maybe you shouldn't take it so seriously you called me a fanny. That tells me that your willingness to have discussion is fine, so long as everyone agrees with you.

I also have a large interest in Scottish Wrestling, just because I tell you that you shouldn't take the poll seriously doesn't mean I don't. I wouldn't have voted in the poll if I hadn't followed and watched Scottish wrestling this year. I just know how important the UKFF's opinion is to most wrestlers in Scotland and the UK; that is not important at all to most of them, and the ones that do care really shouldn't, or are the shitarses who really have no business running or participating in shows.

Whatever your personal opinion of Renfew and ICW, the voters on UKFF have decided that he was ranked 20th out of all Scottish workers in 2011. Can't really say much more than that. I've not seen him, can't really comment on his work. That'll change next month, until then I'll have to take your word for it that there aren't 19 workers who wrestle in Scotland who are better than him. Seems like there are more people on here that disagree with you though.

And I've also shown no disrespect towards AJS, I was actually the person (if I was the only one) who reported the people making all the wanky replies during the voting phase so I've already done my part to ensure that AJS gets to run his poll without arseholes trying to derail it. If you've a "large interest in Scottish Wrestling" then maybe don't start shitting up the top 20 thread with insults and requests to fuck off; maybe just accept that some people aren't going to agree with you and maybe see this as a bit of fun like everyone else.

Archived