• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

4th

Lionheart (2010 Result-2nd)

384610_182934561792289_182925898459822_400342_1905485213_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

Scotlands most prolific champion has another year to remember, but is it the last year we see him in Scotland?

Personal Highlight of 2011- Tryouts

To get a house show match with TNA is an honour, to get a dark match with WWE is also an honour, to get both in one year is virtually unheard of but Lionheart achieved both this year, the multi-time champion faced Jeff Jarrett in Glasgow at the start of the year, and Justin Gabriel at a WWE taping in England in November. There is even rumours that one of these two illustrious companies may be about to sign (or have already signed) Lionheart.

In Scotland Lionheart has held titles in 3 of the major 4 companies this year, retaining the BCW title the whole year including winning a 4 way ladder match at No Blood, No Sympathy and defeating TNA superstar Magnus in October.

In PBW He lost the PBW title to BT Gunn early in the year before teaming with friend and regular opponent Wolfgang to challenge the Final Cut for the Tag titles at PBW breaking Limits, the challenge was sucessful and the all-star team haven't looked back since retaining in several matches including against Project Ego at Maximum Impact.

In ICW Lionheart teased going to TNA before attacking Kid Fite ,was part of the Gold Label Faction that won the rights to ICW in an 8 man street fight , this ownership lasted only one show (due to a storyline explanation that I couldn't fathom but there you go), in that match he beat Noam Dar for the ICW Zero-G Title despite having an injured leg, (with unwanted assistance from Red Lightning) he then lost a rematch at Fear and Loathing after attacking Red when Red tried to help him (appearing to turn face in the process).

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Injuries

Lionheart was out for two months with an Ankle Injury, even if he did win a title in that period.

I had Lionheart as my #2 if memory serves me right, behind Noam Dar. Those two guys were the main standouts up here for me, almost cemented by their ridiculously good match at the last ICW show. Not to forget the genuine stormer he had with BT Gunn and a cracker of a tag title match in Largs for PBW and all sorts of other stuff. He's been excellent.

It has become apparent that certain people have, shall we say, serious disagreements with the polls results thus far.

I would lie to state a couple of things now.

Firstly I will go on record and say that I had no input on the rankings or omitted any legitimate votes.

Secondly many people seem to be taking this poll seriously, I'll be honest, I did it for fun, and guys all things considered it was an internet poll with 24 voters, its hardly anything to get worked over.

Thirdly there has been accusations that a certain company cheated, this is due to the fact that several people in this company have performed better than expected, I would like to point out that every account that voted was either a fan (and was verifiable in that fact) or openly admitted they were a wrestler (there is one exception but it was not a member of the accused company), also the accused company received no more votes than any other.

Finally this was a vote of 24 people in such a low number of votes, unusual results are to be expected, especially since outside the top 4 the vote was extremely tight (6th to 14th could have been changed completely in a single vote)

Okay now the serious bits outta the away lets get to the top 3, 3rd is announced later today folks.

Oh for christ's sake- anyone bitching or moaning needs to have a serious reality check. Nobody on this list is a 'superstar'- outside of Scottish Wrestling anyway. It's just for fun as Alan says.

Also, I'm 'probably' a member of said company, and I didn't vote, so there's been no edict sent out to commence cheating or vote rigging or any other nonsense. It was the folk who voted's collective opinion, nothing more.

3rd

James Scott (2010 Result-3rd)

386337_234054226664606_100001800905888_525042_9173758_n.jpg

Image by Calum Wilson.

Despite a stellar year which included his debut in Japan, the ICW Champion remains the same position as last year.

Personal Highlight of 2011- I think I'm turning Japanese

Anyone who has met James knows of his aspiration to wrestle in Japan, in 2011 less than a year after overcoming spinal fracture he achieved this aspiration.

In less international pursuits James Scott had a fantastic year in ICW, retaining the title in fantastic contests with Jack Jester, Johnny Moss and Johnny Starr. He also was part of the Gold Label team that defeated Team ICW at ICW Never Mind the Baws, he was also meant to be in the headline match of the last night of the big weekend of Scottish wrestling facing BT Gunn for the ICW Title but the ring took an arrow to the knew (or more accurately a Jester and Whiplash to the turnbuckle) which meant it evolved to a 6 man street fight.The scheduled match will now take place at ICW Square Go tommorrow night.

In PBW and BCW Scott had an excellent year which included and unsuccessful challenge for the UEWA Heavyweight title when he wrestled Bad Bones at PBW Maximum Impact.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Erm

Can't think of any to be honest, hes has a fantastic year , I can't even name a match where he was anything else than extra-ordinary. He is very opinionated in his postings online and he supports Hamilton (1-0 to the Buddies, oh yeah) , but thats nitpicking.

2nd

Liam Thomson (2010 Result-1st)

388946_10150518508010620_206968150619_11410615_2085828671_n.jpg

Image by David J Wilson.

Last years winner misses out

Personal Highlight of 2011- Badboy

Liam Thomson had another great year, the ever dependable technician has been in major feuds all over Scotland.

In PBW after retaining several times in the first half of the year, we witnessed the end of the partnership between Thomson and Noam Dar, after they lost the tag team titles to the all star team of Lionheart and Wolfgang at PBW Breaking Limits, when Thomson and Dar faced off later in the year Bad Boy came out the victor. Thomson also took part in the King of Cruisers match at Maximum Impact.

In SWA Thomson was an ever present feature of After Hours wrestling shows, he was also in Paul Tracey's team at Clan Wars facing team Source.

BCW saw Thomson feud with long term tag team partner Kid Fite and Fites Aggression stable.

ICW saw the Best of 5 series between Andy Wild and Thomson which after taking a 2-0 lead Liam Thomson lost 3-2 (after a cameo with Zack Sabre Jnr) after 5 fantastic and close contests.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Still not a champion

Thomson isn't any smaller than several former champions, his experience and skill are undisputable and yet Liam Thomson still has yet to win the big one, who knows, maybee 2012 will be this year.

Before putting up the winner, I would like to thank the following people

David J Wilson and Calum Wilson for their photos.

All the wrestlers who got back to me with their highlights, lowlights, recomended photos, and video links. Thank you all so much.

Also thank you to all of you who voted.

WINNER

BT GUNN (2010 Result-4th)

300200_10150407125940620_206968150619_10614506_4839875_n.jpg

Image by David J Wilson.

Can anything stop the meteoric rise of BT Gunn? The only man to headline the Supershows of 3 of the big 4 has had an incredible year

Personal Highlight of 2011-Champion , Main Eventer, Superstar

BT Gunn is this years winner, and looking at his credentials its hard to argue otherwise (doubtless some will). His first achievement was in PBW when he ended the 2 year reign of Lionheart and won the PBW Heavyweight Championship, since then he hasn't looked back beating several huge names on the British Scene including Val Kabious , Johnny Moss, Paul Tracey, James Scott Red Lightning, Andy Wild and Jack Jester (the later two in a ladder match).

In BCW Gunn held the Openweight Title for most of the year before losing it in a 4 way title match against Noam Dar , Andy Wild and Lionheart, with Lionhearts BCW Heavyweight Title also on the line.

At SWA Gunn had several great matches including facing off with Johnny Moss at The Gathering and tagging with Chris Renfrew against Tag Champs Eric Canyon and Adam Shame

In ICW Gunn has been a constant thorn in the side of the Gold Label only not facing one of their members in two matches against Absoluton with Chris Renfrew in Notorious and facing Renfrew in a loser leave town match at Summerbam. He was also on course to challenge for the ICW title at Fear and Loathing before a ring break postponed the match to Square Go.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Erm

There is nothing, naught , Zip, BT Gunn hasn't had a bad match, a bad feud , outside the occasional botch, one can't think of a single negative to his year.

THANK YOU FOR READING THE UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20

In Summary

1-BT Gunn

2-Liam Thomson

3-James Scott

4-Lionheart

5-Joe Coffey

6-Damian O'Connor

7-Kid Fite

8-Andy Anderson

9-Noam Dar

10-Nikki Storm