UKFF Scottish Top 20: Results Thread

AJS269

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now normally I try not to pass comment on my personal opinion on wrestlers whilst writing the top 20. I would say Nikki is the best all round package of the female wrestlers in Scotland, she is a good wrestler, she has a great character , can portray both face and heel (which is a weakness of most of the rest of the female workers).

I have to say as much as I like Nikki, I was stunned to see her make the top 10.

Lindsay's surname is Turner. She used the other name for only a very brief period after her debut.

On the best woman debate, I think Nikki is supremely talented and certainly the best I've seen in Scotland since I got involved in the scene. Then again, I've not had the pleasure of seeing a full Kay Lee match in what seems like eons, so I can't possibly discount the idea she's excellent!

wait is that the two that were in a three way with nikki storm during an swa show? what happened to the days where ppl had creative names? :bored:

That's a bit unfair- especially when you consider that (to my knowledge at least) every female wrestler in Scotland other than Viper derives all or part of their name from their real names.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

9th

NOAM DAR (2010 RANKING 7TH)

389837_10150412971359775_213500819774_8792971_1530423637_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

Falling 2 places from last year, the Israeli Icon perhaps didn't reach as high as expected in this poll after another stellar year from the 18 year old

Personal Highlight of 2011- Expanding the Horizons.

Noam Dar has been cited as the next big thing for a few years now, this year he has begun the journey from potential star to superstar. For a start he has expanded his body of work in several promotions including PCW, 1PW (even winning the openweight title),GPW,FSW, WXW, IPW:UK (where he faced Eddie Edwards), SWA , PWE (where he had an excellent match with Zack Sabre Junior) , he also appeared at the Dragon Gate UK Show in October.

His main work this year has been in PBW, BCW and ICW.

In PBW he started the year as part of the Final Cut with Liam Thompson, retain the tag titles won in 2010 before losing them to the all-star team of Lionheart and Wolfgang at PBW Breaking Limits, before turning face, and feuding with Thomson.

In BCW Noam Dar feuded with BT Gunn and Andy Wild over the Open Weight Title, before BCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart got involved leading to a 4-Way Ladder match for the Openweight and Heavyweight Titles, unfortunately Dar was nonsuccessive on both counts.

In ICW Noam Dar held onto the ICW Zero G Title before losing it (with help) to Lionheart at Summerbam, at Fear and Loathing 4 they had a rematch where Noam Dar won the title back in one of the best matches seen in Scotland in 2011.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Slow Start

By his own admission Noam Dar had a slow start to 2011 not really getting into his stride until about the middle of the year. Also many people were tipping Dar to win the UKFF Scottish Top 20, he's barely made it into the top 10

For me, he has been utterly untouchable this year. Only one man was in my head for even a glancing moment when I decided Noam was my #1. Great match after great match and impressing any fan who happens to lay eyes on him. The fact that he's not out of his teens yet is scary. How good is this guy going to get?!

For me, he has been utterly untouchable this year. Only one man was in my head for even a glancing moment when I decided Noam was my #1. Great match after great match and impressing any fan who happens to lay eyes on him. The fact that he's not out of his teens yet is scary. How good is this guy going to get?!

Only wrestled for WrestleZone once last year in November, but stole the show. He's back up again in February, can't say who his opponent is yet (since it hasn't been announced) but safe to say I think they've got the chance to have our MOTY contender for 2012! Dar's age really is the scariest thing about him, bags of talent and bags more potential, coupled with a great attitude and professionalism. Sky's the limit for him, really is.

Archived