UKFF Scottish Top 20: Results Thread

AJS269

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fucking hell, why are you biting to this bait?

Because wheres the fun in not doing that, lol.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 2011

8th

ANDY ANDERSON (NEW ENTRY)

378766_2869335378194_1404126722_33286469_1923608730_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

The highest new entry on the list, Andy Anderson has re-entered the Scottish Scene with a bang after time in North America.

Thank you to Damo O Conor for helping me with this write up.

Personal Highlight of 2011- Super-ref becomes superstar.

After training at the Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary , Andy Anderson moved into America training at FCW's Academy for a time (the trainers of whom include Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat) , he then spent a week in Texas which included facing TNA Star Hernandez.

In Scotland Anderson has appeared for PBW (tagging with Joe Coffey to face the Final Cut) and ICW in a 6-man Zero-G Title match (against Coffey, Christopher, Dickie Divers, Johnny Starr and Noam Dar), but his biggest Success was in SWA.

The first half of the year in SWA was spent feuding with Paul Tracey whilst also having excelent matches with El Ligero and Wolfgang, the biggest moment however was winning the SWA Money in The Bank match at the Gathering, he however became the first winner of the match not to cash in his title shot on the night (which was done at both previous Gatherings), that came several months later when he cashed it in against Eric Canyon at the end of Clan Wars winning Anderson the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship. he has retained it through the rest of the year and doesn't look likely to lose it anytime soon.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Errrmmmm

I can't think of any, some people have said he's a bit of a white meat babyface (a little too good to be true type character) and he still has some improvements to make before he can be considered a true main eventer in the Scottish Scene.

I can't really argue with how high he is. He's definately good enough. He's impressed in ICW in that mentioned six way. He CERTAINLY impressed against Ligero and Liam Thomson and my highlight from him so far is a terrific match he had with Wolfgang in Source.

he however became the first winner of the match not to cash in his title shot on the night

I can't remember when Wolfgang cashed his in when he won in the first Gathering, but it wasn't on the night.

I can't really argue with how high he is. He's definately good enough. He's impressed in ICW in that mentioned six way. He CERTAINLY impressed against Ligero and Liam Thomson and my highlight from him so far is a terrific match he had with Wolfgang in Source.

he however became the first winner of the match not to cash in his title shot on the night

I can't remember when Wolfgang cashed his in when he won in the first Gathering, but it wasn't on the night.

The first gathering Ladder match was for money not a title shot.

Wolfgang first won the NWA Scottish Title in a Battlezone Match.

7th

KID FITE (2010 Result-5th)

KID FITE HIGHLIGHT REEL

Put up at Kid Fites Request

299514_10150299022936916_587556915_8271808_447801763_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

The ever reliable wrestler and promoter Kid Fite with another strong showing this year.

Personal Highlight of 2011- Where to start.

Kid Fite has had a great year, firstly he went over to America to wrestle with CZW against protege Andy Wild. He also made international appearances around Europe including debuting in Spain and Norway. He also wrestled WWF and WCW Legend Kevin Nash (twice in two nights I believe)

In ICW Kid Fite turned face and joined the N.A.K's feud with the Gold Label, he may have stolen an idea from the internet world involving testicles, forheads and collections of tea leaves in a bag.

In BCW Kid Fite lead a group of his trainees known as the Aggression a stable that has been tormenting wrestlers all year.

However Kid Fites greatest triumphs have been as a promoter and trainer. The Scottish Pro-Wrestling academy (of which Kid Fite is the head trainer) has produced many of the stars of the Scottish Scene, including several entries on this list. And as A Promoter PBW continues to go from strength to strength putting on some of Scotlands biggest and best shows.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- No Titles

Kid Fite has done everything in the Scottish Scene in 2011, he's booked shows, he's headlined shows but hes never won a major singles title, he however promised to rectify this soon, champions beware.

A very high placing for Kid Fite. It's easy to forget how good this guy actually is. He's probably one of the "get a good match from a broom" guys up here. I've always seen him as one of the most solid guys there is. Also, he's probably the only guy I can think of that has never had a match which has left me disappointed.

The first Gathering ladder match wasn't for 'money in the bank', it was a cash prize. The money was traded for a shot at Conscience's british title.

6th

DAMIAN O'CONOR (2010 Result-12th)

63801_438895230339_500925339_5016327_7301533_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

The "Aggressive Technician" just misses out on the top 5 after an excellent year in SWA and W3L.

Personal Highlight of 2011-Aggressive Technician

In 2011 Damian O'Conor showed just how good he could be with several great matches and titles.

Firstly in a tag team with long term tag partner Scott Renwick , O'Conor held both the 3CW and SWA tag titles in 2011. However as far as gold is concerned O'Conors main highlight has to be winning the W3L Heavyweight title when he beat Mike Musso at Wrestlution.

As far as other in ring appearances, he was team captain in the main event of SWA Clan Wars , he had matches with several promenent names on the UK Scene including Paul Tracey, Robbie Brookside and Jack Gallacher.

Outside the ring Damo has continued to run the Source Wrestling School which relocated to Ibrox earlier this year (I have asked to mention that Mikey Whiplash is a trainer there and its open 7 days a week), he was also involved in two theatre shows focusing on wrestling when he choreographed "Cementvile" and Rob Drumond's "Wrestling".

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Lack of exposure outside SWA and W3L.

Whilst certain companies in Scotland are getting huge internet followings plugged on radio and even in some cases getting tv deals , SWA and W3L hasn't been getting the same coverage ,as O'Conor is mainly a star in both of the later two companies , he hasn't been getting the praise many would say he deserves amongst the fans of both British and Scottish Wrestling.

5th

JOE COFFEY (2010 Result-17th)

230321_209597745738374_100000644496253_680729_966375_n.jpg

Image by David J. Wilson

The highest riser in the UKFF Scottish Top 20 is also arguably Scottish Wrestlings fast rising star.

Personal Highlight of 2011-Scotlands rising star

6 people in this forum got voted for by more than 3/4 of the voters, 1 of them was Wolfgang, the other 4 are the top 4 all of whom are long established in the Scottish Scene, so it speaks very well for Joe that he was the 6th, and its hard to argue he doesn't deserve it.

Joe is one of the few wrestlers to work for all 4 of the big 4 in 2011 and has had impressive performances in all of them.

In BCW Joe was one of the main components of the fight against the Aggression , feuding with them for most of the year, he also had a great year at PBW which included challenging for the tag titles with Andy Anderson and tagging with Blaze and Rampage against the team of Highlander, Jack Jester and Red Lightning at PBW Maximum Impact.

In ICW Joe has become a star, his year started tagging with Vinnie James against the Bucky Boys, the partnership with James didn't last long, and they brawled in the aftermath, he then challenged Noam Dar for the ICW Zero G Title in a six-man scramble at Nightmare on Renfrew Street before saving long time tag partner and personal friend Jackie Polo from a beat down by TJ Rage and Vinnie James later in the show, he then had an incredibly intense battle with James at ICW Never Mind the Baws, which he lost after a briefcase shot. He has been brawling with James ever since and a rematch must be on the cards.

In SWA Joe held the SWA Laird of the Ring Title for most of the year, meaning he was the longest reigning Laird in SWA History, these defences include a potential Match of the year candidate against Mikey Whiplash at SWA After Hours and victories over Mark Anthony, Charles William Yum Yum, Mark Sweeney , Jackie Polo, Andy Anderson and Eric Canyon , he lost the title to Glen Dunbar right at the end of the year.

Personal Lowlight of 2011- Injuries

Getting Injured sucks, getting this injury the first day of a 4 day stretch of matches really sucks, tearing ligaments and tendons the first day of a 4 day stretch , well you get my drift.

Archived