IPW:UK NO ESCAPE 2012 Sun 26th Feb, Sittingbourne

Andy

Well done for completely missing my point.

You're lucky, last time I was walking to get some food after the show, a group of three guys walked past with one guy swearing loudly about how he was going to get a gun off his mate and shoot someone in the face. I shudder to think what your 7 year old would have made of that.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done for completely missing my point.

You're lucky, last time I was walking to get some food after the show, a group of three guys walked past with one guy swearing loudly about how he was going to get a gun off his mate and shoot someone in the face. I shudder to think what your 7 year old would have made of that.

I must agree with this. While I can understand that the swearing's hardly ideal for someone taking their kids along, for it to be the main point of discussion in this thread is bloody stupid. Nobody wants their kid chucking f-bombs left right and centre, but for fuck's sake, you'd rather your kid never experiences a football match, just to stop him hearing a few words? Just explain to him that some words are for adults and that's that. What we should be talking about here is Sami Callihan, Zack Sabre Jr and Noam Dar, who stole the cunting show.

"you'd rather your kid never experiences a football match, just to stop him hearing a few words?"

"I would never take my 7 year old to a football match, for a multitude of reasons"

He doesn't like football being one of them :-p

It was only a small comment about the show, not my main point. And others have agreed with me.

Let's move on...

Another packed Sittingbourne event began with stewards running around frantically looking to put out more chairs. The day before I was at a packed 4FW event in Swindon (probably around 400 fans that night), and today we are all playing

• Paid Members

Chris Roberts has the PERFECT ref look - he's tall, so he looks like he isn't going to be pushed around too easily, but he's also weedy, so he can be pushed around easily. He also has a strange look of authority about him. In comparison with Chris "Tiny Hands" Hatch, he inspires confidence expertly, yet lets it down just as expertly.

• Paid Members
Chris Roberts has the PERFECT ref look - he's tall, so he looks like he isn't going to be pushed around too easily, but he's also weedy, so he can be pushed around easily. He also has a strange look of authority about him. In comparison with Chris "Tiny Hands" Hatch, he inspires confidence expertly, yet lets it down just as expertly.

What makes Roberts such a great, great man for me are the looks of absolute disgust that he gives the heels when he catches them up to no good. Marvellous.

Great show this, hope to get around to typing up some more detailed thoughts later.

I really don't understand why Chris is still being booked by IPW to ref their shows (maybe he's free?)... I have never seen a ref who commands absolutely no respect in the ring and seems to of picked reffing cos he'd never be able to wrestle... is it cos his mrs takes photos? On the other hand I do agree on the Chris Roberts comments... He is without a doubt the NUMBER 1 ref in the country today even better than 'Sir Lynsky' lol

Once again a really awesome show in Sittingbourne.

I've never seen Wild Boar before, nor ever heard of him, but he held up well and did a good job. Not to forget the name shenannigans, "Wild Boaring" ^^. Having Zack on the card twice is also a special treat for every wrestling fan. That guy just keeps getting better and better. ... and quite fit looking too... ;-)

Noam vs Sami turned out as I expected it to be. Very US Indy stlye, hitting as hard as you can, who cares about how your bodies will feel and look like in a very few years. And yes, David, I too would have liked it at least a little better without the spitfest.

The immense applause for Finlay surprised me a lot. Ok, he's kind of famous, but was has he done for IPW:UK in the last few years? And wasn't he rather heelish? It was good to see Martin Stone back in action though.

After the interval, big TV star, Take me out Marty Marty Scurll, the face of every wrestling poster (yeah! lol ^_^), met up with one of the biggest UK names there are, Doug Williams. And the look on the face of the man sitting next to me as I started booing at once, or encouraged Marty to please not hurt the old man too much, as he might never recover frm that. :-P

Very happy for Marty scoring a big win, even if Doug was losing all over the week-end.

Next was a happy tag team comback with the reunited Thrillers facing of against Project Ego, whom I honestly adore. How funny can you possibly be? :-) Absolutely loved the match. It was funny, quick paced and hard fought. Everything you can ask of a match. The only thing that botherd me a little was the split after one reunited match. I never much liked the "oh, we're friends, and now we're not. And yes, now we are again..." in like three consecutive shows...

As much as I like both Dave and Sha, their matches always seem very the same to me. And as happy I am for Sha to be on top of the company, I can't help the feeling that separated, the Kartel each are less then half of what they where. Or maybe it's better put the other way around, as together they were more than just the sum of 1 + 1. :-(

And doesn't it say quite a lot that one Zack Sabre is in about every Sittingbourne main event? It's off course the smartest way you can go, but it's a little strange that those matches are not the ones for the big title?

The match itself was a violent battle, but with also quite a few very elegant technical treats. He used to be such a lovley lad, our Zack, but he has become quite agressive lately, hasn't he. Despite all the fantastic matches I'm really missing the cheeky chappy (gay lol) heel Zack. Bring back Tap'n'Tin!!!

What's so funny about expecting the IPW regular crowd to support their homeguys?

Even if Finlay used to be Superman like a few decades ago...

Fit Finlay is a legend in this sport. He's one of the few world of sports guys who made it on the international scene and worked in both wcw and wwe. He was instrumental in making the divas division the best it ever was. He's an inspiration to a new generation of wrestlers on a global level, as like William Regal is. The man has paid his dues all over the world and people appreciate that and what he's done and enjoy his wrestling.

You mentioned Doug Williams being one of the biggest UK names there is, but without Finlay and Regal there would be no Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, etc. Doug isn't on the same level as Fit Finlay. Finlay might be older but I was impressed and the man can still go. He's two years shy of a 40 year career so he deserves all the respect and crowd support that he got and more.

I really enjoyed my first IPW show and hopefully get to see more in the future :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I really don't understand why Chris is still being booked by IPW to ref their shows (maybe he's free?)... I have never seen a ref who commands absolutely no respect in the ring and seems to of picked reffing cos he'd never be able to wrestle... is it cos his mrs takes photos? On the other hand I do agree on the Chris Roberts comments... He is without a doubt the NUMBER 1 ref in the country today even better than 'Sir Lynsky' lol

Chris Hatch hasn't reffed an IPW show in ages, you'd probably have to go back to Bromley or even Orpington for the last show he did for them.

Archived