IPW:UK NO ESCAPE 2012 Sun 26th Feb, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Roberts has the PERFECT ref look - he's tall, so he looks like he isn't going to be pushed around too easily, but he's also weedy, so he can be pushed around easily. He also has a strange look of authority about him. In comparison with Chris "Tiny Hands" Hatch, he inspires confidence expertly, yet lets it down just as expertly.

I really don't understand why Chris is still being booked by IPW to ref their shows (maybe he's free?)... I have never seen a ref who commands absolutely no respect in the ring and seems to of picked reffing cos he'd never be able to wrestle... is it cos his mrs takes photos? On the other hand I do agree on the Chris Roberts comments... He is without a doubt the NUMBER 1 ref in the country today even better than 'Sir Lynsky' lol

Ironically thats what I think about Chris Roberts, I have to stop this little love fest he is TERRIBLE. He is the only ref I have ever seen that gets my attention in a bad way, I don't know if it is how he is booked (I doubt it as the same occurred on the first night of the Dragon Gate shows) but he is a joke. He will be stopping a heel bringing a chair into the ring he will watch them set it up and then get distracted by another unarmed heel on the apron (remember this happening at the DG show) and just let them murder the babyface. Yes I know this is intentional and in general part of the show at time when it comes to the ref at live events but he does not pull it off in a believable way in the slightest. He is also terrible for being "distracted" for long periods of time, several MINUTES rather than the odd few seconds it takes for the opportunistic heel to take advantage. I don't know how anyone can talk about him having authority let alone being a good ref on the whole. A ref should never get more heat than the wrestlers (which he did in that DG match as well as sha vs mastiff on sunday), he should never distract me or take anything away from my enjoyment of the match.

• Paid Members
Chris Roberts has the PERFECT ref look - he's tall, so he looks like he isn't going to be pushed around too easily, but he's also weedy, so he can be pushed around easily. He also has a strange look of authority about him. In comparison with Chris "Tiny Hands" Hatch, he inspires confidence expertly, yet lets it down just as expertly.

I really don't understand why Chris is still being booked by IPW to ref their shows (maybe he's free?)... I have never seen a ref who commands absolutely no respect in the ring and seems to of picked reffing cos he'd never be able to wrestle... is it cos his mrs takes photos? On the other hand I do agree on the Chris Roberts comments... He is without a doubt the NUMBER 1 ref in the country today even better than 'Sir Lynsky' lol

Ironically thats what I think about Chris Roberts, I have to stop this little love fest he is TERRIBLE. He is the only ref I have ever seen that gets my attention in a bad way, I don't know if it is how he is booked (I doubt it as the same occurred on the first night of the Dragon Gate shows) but he is a joke. He will be stopping a heel bringing a chair into the ring he will watch them set it up and then get distracted by another unarmed heel on the apron (remember this happening at the DG show) and just let them murder the babyface. Yes I know this is intentional and in general part of the show at time when it comes to the ref at live events but he does not pull it off in a believable way in the slightest. He is also terrible for being "distracted" for long periods of time, several MINUTES rather than the odd few seconds it takes for the opportunistic heel to take advantage. I don't know how anyone can talk about him having authority let alone being a good ref on the whole. A ref should never get more heat than the wrestlers (which he did in that DG match as well as sha vs mastiff on sunday), he should never distract me or take anything away from my enjoyment of the match.

This has nicely reminded me that there are still people who have no idea how the whole wrestling thing works. :-)

I can't work out if you are a troll or actually real?

After the show I saw spud try and confront Marty about everything going on. Spud seemed mad but Marty just laughed it off

is this a work?

Very much so. Unless the opportunistic chap behind the mobile footage just happens to enjoy filming a couple of lads selling some T-Shirts so much he'd like to watch it back at a later date.

Yes, it's a work. It's wrestling?

I would have filmed it too but I was taking a photo of Mark Haskins at the time.

I don't think the dude was a plant - I saw a guy get his phone out as Spud pushed past us, maybe he guessed an angle was happening infront of him!

Archived