Resolutions

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I've got a few, I will probably fail at all of them.

1. Find a decently paid full time job, hopefully back in the media.

2. Drink much less. Not quit entirely, just much less.

3. No Class A's.

4. Quit smoking.

5. Lose at least two stone.

That'll do for now. Go.

• Paid Members

To help KrAzY, i'll fill in the blanks to make these actual 'resolutions' rather than just 4 random words.

1. To finally audition for this year's BGT by performing my one-man version of the 'Show Me The Money' scene from Jerry Maguire. I do a mean Cuba Gooding jr you know.

2. Try to rid myself of my mancrush for Phil 'The Power' Taylor

3. Appear on Loose Women and propose to Carol Mcgiffin

4. Enter, and hopefully win, The World finals of next years Worlds Strongest Woman

Just more consistency for me in general. I stopped smoking weed a few months ago and don't drink much anymore but have not filled the time yet really. I want to stop those annoying spells of going to bed at 5AM and waking at 2PM on days off, doing nothing but playing PlayStation and going to the kitchen every hour for a glass of water. From here on in [*sigh*] it's early rising, cold showers, a quick workout and a diet that aims to make more ends meet than "eat something that looks fairly robust so you're not hungry anymore".

In an ultra nerdy way I keep mentally imagining my love of Pro Wrestling as being a motivating factor. I hear Hogan promos and Triple H's King Of Kings theme in my head when I think about all this stuff. I got the idea to start splitting eggs open into cups every morning the other day because I saw Sly do it in Rocky Balboa with that class looking grey 6AM sky out his kitchen window.

To help KrAzY, i'll fill in the blanks to make these actual 'resolutions' rather than just 4 random words.

1. To finally audition for this year's BGT by performing my one-man version of the 'Show Me The Money' scene from Jerry Maguire. I do a mean Cuba Gooding jr you know.

2. Try to rid myself of my mancrush for Phil 'The Power' Taylor

3. Appear on Loose Women and propose to Carol Mcgiffin

4. Enter, and hopefully win, The World finals of next years Worlds Strongest Woman

Haha Brilliant

I generally shy away from New Year resolutions. Seems to me that if you really want to achieve something you'd make that decision whatever the time of year. That said, there's a few things on my mind that have been there for a while, and I'm determined to get on with them. This has been simultaneously one of the best and the worst years of my life, so for the first time ever I am actually kind of in the 'new year, new start' frame of mind.

- sort out my career/education path. I quit my job of nine years a few months back, and have been taking some time off and living off savings since. I've had a shit time personally and had some family things to deal with too, so it's been handy not having work, but from a financial point of view, plus needing to find a bit of direction, it's time to get on with things. It was briefly looking like I was going to take on managing a pub for a friend, but we were beaten to taking on the lease so it fell through, so I'm back to square one. I'm pretty much decided to go the academic route, return to university in september for my Ma and work alongside it.

- The obvious one- get fitter. I never realised just how active the old job kept me. It wasn't exactly the most physical of jobs, but since quitting I've put on a fair bit of weight. I'm hardly huge, but for the first time in my life I've got a bit of a gut and I'm heavier than I've ever been. The new girlfriend, like me, is a bit of a foodie, so between inactivity, love of real ale, and too much good food, I'm pretty out of shape. I'm not going to do my usual trick of becoming a fitness nut for a few weeks and burning myself out and giving up, I'm just gonna make a few changes to get back on top of things- gym twice a week, three times if I fancy, healthy food the majority of the time, and only drinking occasionally rather than popping out for a few ales whenever I'm bored.

- Do something music-wise. I've not played in a band properly for years, barring a few practice sessions and messing about, and I'm finding myself more and more sitting writing and playing. A good friend of mine is a talented guy that plays in a bunch of bands and every time we've had a drink at someone's house and the guitars come out, he tells me that I ought to play gigs. I've never had much confidence about playing my folky stuff for people, so him giving me the seal of approval was a pretty big boost. I'm not aiming particularly high, but I'm gonna try to sort out a short set that I'm happy with and do an open mic night or two at the very least in the coming months.

- Writing. Old school crime fiction is a bit of an obsession, and the more I get into it, the more I find myself wanting to write fiction. Again, I'm not going to make any bold statements about producing a novel this year or anything, but I do plan to sit down at least a couple of night's a week and write something and improve my skills.

Archived