Vickie Guerrero's Hall of Fame Credentials

Ron Simmons

Will Vickie Guerrero receive an eventual HOF induction?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

So, in the RAW discussion thread I suggested Vickie Guerrero will (in the future) receive a Hall of Fame induction thanks to her massive success as an on screen character since her debut all those years ago.

Some people have strongly disagreed with this, with someone suggesting it's "insanity" to even talk about Vickie Guerrero and the Hall of Fame.

Now, I'm not talking overnight here, and I'm not talking as a main inductee - but I'm curious to see as to what other people think. Given her prominance on WWE TV over the past few years do you think Vickie Guerrero will eventually receive a WWE HOF induction?

Similarly, do you feel she deserves it?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

Well shes a great heel, no doubt about. The audience hates her. For me, she'll need to do a whole lot more though, she hasn't really been an integral part of DZ's act though has she? At least not as much as she was with Edge. With Edge she had a character, agenda and was downright hateable because of her controlling Smackdown and the alliance with Edge.

With Dolph Ziggler she doesn't really do much apart from come out and say excuse me. I suppose she has took up all the burden of talking for Dolph up until recently and has probably given him the confidence and time to gain on the mic (which he really has) now i reckon everyone thinks hes ready for the big time and being out on his own.

So yeah I don't really know, lets see how many more Champions she manages and she'll definately be in with a shout.

I think she's great at what she does and would not be out of place. I have no illusions that she was given a job due to who she was married to but Eddie was long dead well before Vickie started the act that maybe one day will land her in the Hall of fame.

• Paid Members

She will get in. The fact that she gets as much tv time as anyone outside of the main eventers (at least, Smackdown was built around her at the start of the year), always gets mic time and is among the most protected "stars" in the company shows how highly they think of her. Same as how the fact that she was hired in the first place, and kept on tv despite an atrocious (even by her standards) first couple of months shows how desperate they were for her to "succeed."

I don't think I need to answer the second one.

The only reason Vickie Guerrero will end up in the WWE hall of fame is because she was the wife of Eddie.

So taking that away from the equation, how do you feel her individual performances stand up in today's product - or compared to wrestling managers of the past? How is she any different from say, Sensational Sherry? There are kids growing up with Vickie who will remember her fondly in years to come, just as i and people of my age remember Sherri in the early 90's.

• Paid Members
The only reason Vickie Guerrero will end up in the WWE hall of fame is because she was the wife of Eddie.

So taking that away from the equation, how do you feel her individual performances stand up in today's product - or compared to wrestling managers of the past? How is she any different from say, Sensational Sherry? There are kids growing up with Vickie who will remember her fondly in years to come, just as i and people of my age remember Sherri in the early 90's.

She's not in the same league as Sherri, though, is she? She's a comedy manager heel, nothing more. Sherri was able to generate genuine heat not just by screeching a lot but by throwing her weight around and being a physical threat as well, when needs be. She was also more than just a slightly rubbish two word catchphrase on the mic and, by all accounts, she could wrestle, too.

Vickie's done alright for herself, but she's also too much of a distraction rather than an enhancement to a talent like Sherri was.

For me, if she gets in it would make the Hall of Fame look like an absolute joke. She's horrendous, she really is, and I'm of a firm belief that most of her heat is "go-away heat". Whether or not that makes her a good heel is a different discussion altogether.

She's terrible on the mic. I mean, really terrible. Her diction is awful and I'm starting to wonder if they put her with Swagger as something of an inside joke due to their mutual trouble in stringing together sentences. As for her catchphrase, my GCSE music teacher was a munter and she used to scream "EXCUSE ME!" over and over again, she could do Vickie's job.

She's pretty much been irrelevant for the past year anyway. Dolph has come on leaps and bounds and I wouldn't say she's had anything to do with it this year, all she does is stand at ringside with her stupid fucking annoying squeal and detracts from the match. It's annoying as hell. There isn't even any sense in Dolph allowing her to manage him now anyway. The only reason him and Edge had her as a manager was because she was in a position of power, which she isn't now.

This is without mentioning that her time with Edge was the only point in his career I couldn't stand watching him.

I hate her. I truly despise her and I think she's shit.

Here are all the managers that are currently in the Hall of Fame, those that I can see anyway.

Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Mr Fujji, Sensational Sherry, Sunny.......Vickie Guerrero?

Puuhhh-leaseeee, you must be trolling if you think Vickie deserves to be inducted.

For me, if she gets in it would make the Hall of Fame look like an absolute joke.

About 20 years too late for a comment like that.

I don't actually think it's too bad. People like Koko are questionable, but I wouldn't call it a complete joke.

Archived