Vickie Guerrero's Hall of Fame Credentials

Ron Simmons

Will Vickie Guerrero receive an eventual HOF induction?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only reason Vickie Guerrero will end up in the WWE hall of fame is because she was the wife of Eddie.

So taking that away from the equation, how do you feel her individual performances stand up in today's product - or compared to wrestling managers of the past? How is she any different from say, Sensational Sherry? There are kids growing up with Vickie who will remember her fondly in years to come, just as i and people of my age remember Sherri in the early 90's.

She's not in the same league as Sherri, though, is she? She's a comedy manager heel, nothing more. Sherri was able to generate genuine heat not just by screeching a lot but by throwing her weight around and being a physical threat as well, when needs be. She was also more than just a slightly rubbish two word catchphrase on the mic and, by all accounts, she could wrestle, too.

Vickie's done alright for herself, but she's also too much of a distraction rather than an enhancement to a talent like Sherri was.

So if Vickie did a bit more back raking behind the ref's back, its all good? How about a thumb to the eye here and there? Or passing the heel a foreign object?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Here are all the managers that are currently in the Hall of Fame, those that I can see anyway.

Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Mr Fujji, Sensational Sherry, Sunny.......Vickie Guerrero?

Puuhhh-leaseeee, you must be trolling if you think Vickie deserves to be inducted.

The Grand Wizard and Blassie too If I recall right, in an off topic point.

Here are all the managers that are currently in the Hall of Fame, those that I can see anyway.

Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Mr Fujji, Sensational Sherry, Sunny.......Vickie Guerrero?

Puuhhh-leaseeee, you must be trolling if you think Vickie deserves to be inducted.

So Sunny is fine, who really only managed shit tag teams in a horrible period of tag team wrestling in WWE, but Vickie isnt? You could argue that Vickie has done FAR more already than Sunny ever did as a manager.

So Sunny is fine, who really only managed shit tag teams in a horrible period of tag team wrestling in WWE, but Vickie isnt? You could argue that Vickie has done FAR more already than Sunny ever did as a manager.

Sunny's got the whole "first diva" thing going on though. Not really a fair comparison.

You COULD argue that, but you'd be wrong.

I think that it is safe to say that Sunny was put into the Hall of Fame for other reasons.

wwe-diva-tammy-lynn-sytch-aka-sunny-7.jpg

• Paid Members
The only reason Vickie Guerrero will end up in the WWE hall of fame is because she was the wife of Eddie.

So taking that away from the equation, how do you feel her individual performances stand up in today's product - or compared to wrestling managers of the past? How is she any different from say, Sensational Sherry? There are kids growing up with Vickie who will remember her fondly in years to come, just as i and people of my age remember Sherri in the early 90's.

She's not in the same league as Sherri, though, is she? She's a comedy manager heel, nothing more. Sherri was able to generate genuine heat not just by screeching a lot but by throwing her weight around and being a physical threat as well, when needs be. She was also more than just a slightly rubbish two word catchphrase on the mic and, by all accounts, she could wrestle, too.

Vickie's done alright for herself, but she's also too much of a distraction rather than an enhancement to a talent like Sherri was.

So if Vickie did a bit more back raking behind the ref's back, its all good? How about a thumb to the eye here and there? Or passing the heel a foreign object?

Well, no.

I think that it is safe to say that Sunny was put into the Hall of Fame for other reasons.

wwe-diva-tammy-lynn-sytch-aka-sunny-7.jpg

Looks obviously played a part in her success but in the mid 90's Sunny blew current Divas (and probably most from the past) away when it came to both natural charisma and confidence on screen.

• Moderators

Apples and Oranges. Sherri is remembered as a double hard motherfucker who was about when people bought wrestling pay per views in large volume and was associated with acts like Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase and Shawn Michaels. She was a compliment to them all as well (Well, maybe not so much DiBiase but she wasn't with him too long). She wasn't afraid to get her arse handed to her on a regular basis, and loads of wrestlers of the time have said about how you didn't fuck with her if you were wrestling one of her charges. I don't think she's comparable to Vickie. I certainly don't see Vickie being fondly remembered like Sherry is now in the year 2032.

• Paid Members

Well, no.

Vickie is a shit manager. Who has she ever helped to get over, other than herself? Sherri was great because she wouldn't upstage the person she was managing, she'd enhance the person she's with. Vickie just can't do this.

It seems the only justification for her going into the HoF is that some of the other inductees have also been a bit shit. On that basis, it seems silly to be po-faced about the HoF as some sort of definitive pantheon of wrestling greatness and begrudge her entry. If we're talking about whether she's likely to be remembered as a great performer though, that's a different matter.

As much as some on here love her, I've never enjoyed her act. The main criticisms of her have already been spelled out over the last few pages, but I'll reiterate that I find her on a par with Stephanie McMahon as an on-screen character - a one-note act who gets heat as a result of being largely overexposed and having a loud, annoying voice, and pretty much incapable of playing any other role effectively (could anybody see Vickie as a face?). The main difference between the two is that Triple H was a lot more over as a direct result of being paired with Stephanie. Can that be said about any of Vickie's charges? I think the only one you could argue the toss over is Edge, and I'd argue he was no more over during his association with Vickie than when Lita was his sidekick.

Archived