No Mercy 1999

adam7398

Yeah, the Attitude Adjustment tour was pretty cracking (although I'd rather Gillberg than Blue Meanie or Brooklyn Brawler).

Why was Brooklyn Brawler on that tour? Considering guys like Test, Droz, The Godfather, Mideon, Viscera weren't on the tour and they were regulars on WWF TV.

Well, when Pat Patterson made his appearance with Brisco for the opening segment, and my friend came to our conclusions...

Hey, it's nice to have company when your on your travels.

This was the first show I ever went to at all of 12 years old, I sat on the back row of the MEN. Enjoyed it at the time but having watched it back a few years ago it was dog shit.

I did however come back with a cracking mick foley t-shirt, the one with all of his injuries listed on it. Good t-shirt.

I was just talking to a friend on IM, who also went to the show, and whilst we were chatting he mentioned that he got to the arena late - during the Corporate Ministry promo - and he was just wondering if he missed the dark match?

So, seeing as though you guys went to show, was there a dark match? If you can remember...

There wasn't a proper dark match as much. Jerry Lawler and the Brooklyn Brawler had an argument in the ring which resulted in Lawler clotheslining Lombardi over the top rope (from what I remember) but it wasn't a proper match.

I was just talking to a friend on IM, who also went to the show, and whilst we were chatting he mentioned that he got to the arena late - during the Corporate Ministry promo - and he was just wondering if he missed the dark match?

So, seeing as though you guys went to show, was there a dark match? If you can remember...

There wasn't a proper dark match as much. Jerry Lawler and the Brooklyn Brawler had an argument in the ring which resulted in Lawler clotheslining Lombardi over the top rope (from what I remember) but it wasn't a proper match.

Okay, thanks for that. :)

I was at this show with a good pal of mine.

We were sat at ringside, next to the guardrail.

I remember several things about this day. Man Utd won the league earlier in the day, which we watched in a pub next door to the MEN Arena.

We also had some good banter with Faarooq & Bradshaw as they were coming to and from the ring, with my pal offering Bradshaw a Mars bar (as I mentioned, we'd been in the pub) and Faarooq knocking it out of his hands.

I remember the opening Corporate Ministry interview being really cool, with that big en-masse faction of people, the likes of Shane, HHH, Undertaker etc. I haven't watched video of the ppv itself for years, but I recall enjoying the Austin/Taker/HHH main event. And I suppose it was quite historical in that it was Sable's last WWF appearance for 4 years.

After the show we hung around the parking lot (this was during our marks era lol) trying to get the wrestlers to come over and sign stuff for us, along with tons of other people hanging around. If I recall correctly, Brisco and Patterson left together in a hire car, rather than leave on board the big coach with the other wrestlers, which we found strange.

I have really happy memories of the entire 1997-2000 era in the WWF, especially attending the live U.K. ppvs. Maybe the shows don't stand up to scrutinisation these days, but at the time, the WWF was the cool, in-thing, and huge gangs of us used to attend the shows together. My group of 6 friends even hired a minibus to travel down from Liverpool to London to attend the Capital Carnage ppv show that others have spoken about (we were all in our late teens at the time).

What made the situation worse for me was reading the results of the April UK house shows. Those cards were loaded.

The funny thing is, there were only 3 dates on that U.K. tour, Sheffield, Newcastle and Birmingham on April 2-4.

WWE was making so much money at the time, with 10000+ crowds at every single show, that they were loath to leave the U.S. without a show going on 'back home'.

Presumably that's why they split the crew when it came time for the U.K. ppvs.

The U.K. ppvs did have 'good' main events, I mean, Austin vs HHH vs Taker for the WWF title is a major main event in anyone's book. They were the main stars on RAW. We got the entire Corporate Ministry and all the champions bar the IC champ were there - Shane, X-Pac, Kane, Sable, even Gillberg.

People were really into the star power, and all the main eventers were there. What some people forget is that even the undercard guys were really over at the time, unlike nowadays.

• Paid Members
Didn't one of the UK PPV's have Rock vs Austin?

Aye, I was there. Rebellion 2001. I think that had a show going on in the U.S on the same day as well. Didn't stop it being great!

Edit. Yeah, I think we got the better deal...

WWF @ Lowell, MA - Tsongas Arena - November 3, 2001

Spike Dudley pinned Steven Richards with the Dudley Dog

Ivory pinned Jackie with a roll up and fast count as Jackie was arguing with the referee

Shawn Stasiak & Rico Constantino defeated Ron Waterman & Randy Orton when Stasiak scored the pin with a roll up

Albert pinned Mike Awesome with the Baldo Bomb

WWF Tag Team Champions Booker T & Test defeated the Undertaker & Kane in a steel cage match when Shawn Stasiak interfered and helped Booker escape over the top; after the match, Stasiak sustained a double chokeslam from the challengers

Perry Saturn pinned Raven with a roll up; during the match, Jackie became the special referee after knocking the Alliance referee out of the ring

Brock Lesnar pinned Tommy Dreamer with a powerslam

Eddie Guerrero pinned Sho Funaki with a roll up

Billy Kidman pinned Crash Holly with a modified neckbreaker

WWF Hardcore Champion Rob Van Dam pinned Tazz with the Five Star Frog Splash

What made the situation worse for me was reading the results of the April UK house shows. Those cards were loaded.

The funny thing is, there were only 3 dates on that U.K. tour, Sheffield, Newcastle and Birmingham on April 2-4.

WWE was making so much money at the time, with 10000+ crowds at every single show, that they were loath to leave the U.S. without a show going on 'back home'.

Presumably that's why they split the crew when it came time for the U.K. ppvs.

The U.K. ppvs did have 'good' main events, I mean, Austin vs HHH vs Taker for the WWF title is a major main event in anyone's book. They were the main stars on RAW. We got the entire Corporate Ministry and all the champions bar the IC champ were there - Shane, X-Pac, Kane, Sable, even Gillberg.

People were really into the star power, and all the main eventers were there. What some people forget is that even the undercard guys were really over at the time, unlike nowadays.

hardcore champ wasn't there :p

We got the entire Corporate Ministry and all the champions bar the IC champ were there - Shane, X-Pac, Kane, Sable, even Gillberg.

People were really into the star power, and all the main eventers were there.

Al Snow, the Hardcore champion, and Debra, the Womens champion weren't there.

Bossman, who was a member of the Corporate Ministry, wasn't there.

Also, can you say all the main eventers were there when Rock, Big Show and even Vince (who was a babyface and on TV every week, often having matches) weren't there?

Archived