Preston City Wrestling - Blood, Sweat & Beers 24/02/12

fludder99

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two problems with a show overrunning, audience attention can wane (when you really want them to be into the show, plus parents may want to take their kids home to stick to their routine) and depending on the day, fans may miss the ending of the show due to have to go get the last bus or train. This can put people off returning.

Of course if neither happened, its not a problem but it can happen. Its not stupid criticism, its quite important.

Right I see little in ring action but will try give my side of events. I hold my hands up for overrun and any fan who missed any of the show needs to message me on here or email fludder99@yahoo.co.uk so I can put things right.

The show started with a delay as the ring announcer Richard only got to the venue at 6:55pm, the delay was only a few mins but I told Noam Dar to cut a promo to allow Richard to find his feet. This put us 10mins behind when the first match started.

The next delay came from the Ale House which was planned for 10mins long. We lost a further 10mins at this point.

The I quit match, we had feedback about people not being able to see when it went into the crowd, this wont happen again. It is our first time with such a large crowd and we have done this before with no issues, I have now taken on board the feedback though.

The second half started 20mins behind. I told both the tag match and the MVK v Hammer match their match times were cut from the planned 12mins and 7mins.

The Tag match finished on time and was fine.

The Hammer v MVK match was a disaster, 7mins was planned and they took over 20mins! At this time I was in an office sorting out the wages and didn

I think the biggest issue with the overrun is that they had to clear out the venue so quickly which meant no time to chat to the wrestlers after the show which is something I always enjoy. Other than that a late finish would not bother me, I survived enough 1PW shows...

Dunno if I will be able to make it to Spring Slam, as I'm now utterly broke, for like, ever. What a way to start the year off though. Well done the Fludder

Mate, I'll fucking pay you in and look after you for beer all night. You were awesome last night! Can't be having you missing a show because of something as trivial as having no money.

Edit - I must also give a huge thanks to Seasider for sorting me a front row seat. You're a diamond my friend.

Didnt see this earlier, man.

That's a top offer. May have to take you up on this.

Whenever I get back to work will be paying some heavy dues back to peeps.

Did you get the link re the thing in Manchester in June

Archived