iPad, iPhone, iPod - Apps Thread

ajmcstyles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As soon as my credit runs out on my current phone, I'm hopping aboard the app bandwagon (been given a Samsung Galaxy, so figure I might as well). Absolutely no idea what I want in the way of apps. A piano roll/Cubase-ish style music sequencer would be nice, so I can twiddle about with ideas before I get chance to forget them.

• Paid Members

The Sky Plus app is fantastic. Syncs up with your Sky Plus box at home, and lets you record something from anywhere. Really handy for when your in work and someone tells you something is on that you would really like to see, just set it to record from your phone. Handy out.

• Paid Members

Yeah the Sky record and Sky Go apps are a must. The Wikipedia and IMDb are easy reference tools and the likes of eBay and Amazon are quick and simple for purchasing stuff.

ESPN goals is good for footy and as an MMA fan you should get MMA junkie, MMA fighting and Middleeasy.

As far as games go I recommend anything with Stick-man. The skateboard, BMX and diving games are simple, but addictive.

ITV player and FilmOnPlus are great for free tv.

• Paid Members

If you have a Blu ray player then Pocket Blu is an absolute must. Also the PW & MMA Torch are great news apps,malongside e MMA Junkie one.

Games, well Angry Birds is a must, Football Manager bejewelled blitz & search 60.

Official Twitter app is about the best one around. Outside of that go with

Most useful iPhone apps for me are:

TuneIn Radio - tens of thousands of radio stations from around the world, mainly used to listen to cricket on R4LW.

Phone Drive - allows you to use the iphone as a USB drive, though you have to have a copy of iTunes at both ends sadly.

Train Tickets - portable train timetable with live updates. Slightly less useful than it used to be as they've completely rewritten it now, but still essential for rail travel.

Cinema Times - as it says.

ECB Cricket - live scorecard of all international cricket around the world, ball by ball. Use in conjunction with TuneIn Radio.

I'd agree with the posters above but 10 of my favourite apps in no particular order are as follows:

• Tune in Radio - Best Radio app on the iphone imo
  • Pulse News Reader - Enables you to set up custom news feeds on rss feeds, twitter accounts, news stories, web stories
  • Traveline South East - Great for travelling around London and the South East by Public Transport
  • Tube Deluxe - Nifty little tube app with Departure boards and a Journey Planner
  • Runkeeper - Super app for tracking my gym workouts, hikes and runs
  • PWNet - Nice little Wrestling App which condenses headlines and stories very well
  • Daily Motion - Great little video app which is a nice alternative to Youtube
  • Sky Sports Football Centre - Best Free Football app giving Live Footie Scores and Footie News
  • Bullseye - You can't beat a bit of bully
  • Songkick Express - Gives you a calendar of concert listings for your favourite music artists playing near you

• Paid Members
The 'Akinator' App is a very addictive, fun little game of twenty (or more) questions against a bank of absolutely everybody who has ever existed (It seems!) I've still to conclusively beat the little bugger.

Great fun, I was impressed that it managed to guess Ray Parlour, Doug Williams, Perry Groves, the man on the Pringles tubes and the Laughing Cow.

The 'Akinator' App is a very addictive, fun little game of twenty (or more) questions against a bank of absolutely everybody who has ever existed (It seems!) I've still to conclusively beat the little bugger.

Great fun, I was impressed that it managed to guess Ray Parlour, Doug Williams, Perry Groves, the man on the Pringles tubes and the Laughing Cow.

Ha! I knew I was licked when it got Dr. N Gin off crash bandicoot.

The Sky Plus app is fantastic. Syncs up with your Sky Plus box at home, and lets you record something from anywhere. Really handy for when your in work and someone tells you something is on that you would really like to see, just set it to record from your phone. Handy out.

But rendered completely obsolete if you have Multi-Room which is a proper shithouse.

• Paid Members

Strictly speaking it's not an app but rather a website (complete with specific mobile version), but TVCatchup.com is a must -- it's live feeds of most Freeview channels (or rather its about three seconds delay, which they claim means it isn't broadcasting.)

Archived