Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Lets say that 15-20% of the US buyrate is nixed because of the taped show, would that % be made up by larger gate income and merchandise sales?

It's not just the revenue from the buyrate that you'd be losing out on, it's also the proceeds of two full European tours if you're nixing them to make the stadium show feel more special. Those might potentially be offset a bit by doing domestic live events instead though.

Lets say that 15-20% of the US buyrate is nixed because of the taped show, would that % be made up by larger gate income and merchandise sales?

It's not just the revenue from the buyrate that you'd be losing out on, it's also the proceeds of two full European tours if you're nixing them to make the stadium show feel more special. Those might potentially be offset a bit by doing domestic live events instead though.

Yeah true, I doubt theyd drop an entire European Tour though, theyd still do their tours around the rest of Europe and will probably get away with doing an Ireland and Scotland show as well.

Plus considering the amount of touring theyve been doing in new markets lately like Egypt, Dubai etc then they could even replace the 2nd Euro tour of the year with trips elsewhere.

I totally get both sides of the argument, I just think its crazy that the only time theyve tried it is 1992 and since then they and everyone else has just presumed that it would be a bad business move.

Speaking as someone who doesn't watch modern WWE save for Wrestlemania and appearances from the old lads and hasn't had the slightest inclination to go to a wrestling show for nearly a decade, I have to say I'd probably try and get tickets to Summerslam in Cardiff.

El Matador is going to be facing Mantaur. What a brilliant idea!

182066_491154420917706_519297990_n.jpg

Has this ever been booked before?

That's amazing. Can't have been booked before.

Golddust is on it too, sweet. One thing about PWS shows; they usually look likes lots of fun.

PWInsider.com

WRESTLEMANIA FIRST DAY TICKET UPDATE

WWE did between 45,000 and 50,000 tickets sold (closer to 50) and over $10 million dollars. The higher ticket prices this year are reflected in the large gate.

Look's like Lesnar is going to take the credit for this too, it's a good 7-10,000 extra on top of last years first day sales and has already smashed last years TOTAL LIVE GATE.

Edited by wrestlingmad

• Paid Members

Because usually they only put 40,000 seats available on the opening day of WrestleMania. WWE expected to sell out today which they haven't (but they DEFINITELY will, because its Wrestle Fucking Mania).

The three people on the promotional pieces tell a good story of who they consider their biggest names, though, don't they?

WM29poster.jpg

If they don't want to do Cena vs. Rock II, it wouldn't be out of the question to stick Lesnar in there with them. You could have a thing where you have Cena against the Rock (the man he never beat), Rock against Lesnar (the man he never beat) and Lesnar against Cena again out for revenge from Extreme Rules. I think those three wrestling would be absolutely massive.

And if Lesnar is as shit at drawing the international market as suggested, putting him with this pair would set the eyes on him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Why would they limit tickets on the first day of release? I can understand doing it for the pre-sale :s

To "create early buzz" apparently. But this year they upped the initial sales.

Apparently, save from a few expensive seats, its pretty much sold out already.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Why would they limit tickets on the first day of release? I can understand doing it for the pre-sale :s

To "create early buzz" apparently. But this year they upped the initial sales.

Hm, I see.

After a quick look it states that the $2000, $850, $600, $75 and $50 are all sold out. Bollocks have they sold all the cheap upper tier.

Britwres pulls out all the stops again.

Steve Corino, "Mr. Wrestling 3" "King Of Old School"

Pissed off that I was screwed out of this UK tour. More news to come I'm sure. So I'm spend the rest of the night deleting douches that invite me to shit I would or could never go to

JEFF HARDY-TNA UPDATE

By Mike Johnson on 2012-11-12 18:42:52

TNA champion Jeff Hardy appeared on Sirius Radio's "Busted Open" earlier today.

When his TNA contract status was brought up, Hardy responded, "In January when that rolls around, I