Jericho not returning?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members

That was doing a job for John Cena, not putting him over. What did it do for Cena? Cena was dressed like Mike Sanders and Jericho was in the middle of one of them "losing streaks", like when he lost to Evan Bourne. JBL put Cena over. Jericho just did a PPV job to someone who people knew wasnt on his level.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was doing a job for John Cena, not putting him over. What did it do for Cena? Cena was dressed like Mike Sanders and Jericho was in the middle of one of them "losing streaks", like when he lost to Evan Bourne. JBL put Cena over. Jericho just did a PPV job to someone who people knew wasnt on his level.

Depends how much you believe Jericho, he reckons he saw star quality from the off, and suggested he job to Cena, as Vince wanted him to win.

Your right about JBL, however I'd say Show and Angle had already put him over on the way to his title match

Loads of people still seem to see Jericho in the 'mid carder' role and have never considered him to be main event material. I've always thought he was one of the all time greats not only in the wwe, but in the business in general. Whether the bookings been in his favour or not, he's always been a consistent good performer and totally throws himself into any storyline/role given. Back in the glory WCW days, he was a super over heel and I'm sure that the miz and cm punk drew inspiration from his early days when creating their own personas. But I'm harping on now, Jericho Mark I may be, but I think there's always a place for him at any time in wwe, he can add an extra dimension to a main event or carry/ push others very well. But either way, I don't think there would ever be a time when wwe would say 'we don't need him right now'.

While I remember being excited about him returning before, thinking he might not come back this time doesn't bother me in the slightest.

He can be a good hand, and would do some good with the younger talent, but he's not needed.

Jericho is amazing. He's perfectly right in what he says about all the 'hot' heels stealing his act these days. The Miz would be nothing without Chris Jericho blueprinting his entire character.

The sooner Y2J is back the better. I'd rather see him than The Rock 'Bringing It' with his shit crack about trending on twitter and the like.

Meltzer reported (vaguely mind you) that Jericho was negotiating for a return and something happened, and Jericho and WWE are now on bad terms. Wonder what happened? Apparently, all plans for Jericho to return are off the table by both parties.

Cant say I'm bothered, but I'm surprised.

Didn't it come out recently that THQ wanted him in the latest WWE game but they were told that wasn't even an option and to forget about him? Makes more sense now.

Didn't it come out recently that THQ wanted him in the latest WWE game but they were told that wasn't even an option and to forget about him? Makes more sense now.

That decision would've had to have been made several months ago, though, given the lead time for the games.

Yeah that's true. Did Meltzer indicate when the fall out was meant to have happened?

• Paid Members

He was reporting on it as new news, based on Jericho's outburst of twitter saying he would never wrestler for WWE again. I dont know if it has anything to do with the new game they have out. Meltzer was stepping around the issue as if he didn't want to say until he got the full details of what happened. It'll come out no doubt. Maybe they dont think he's worth the money he's asking for and he's spat his dummy out. They have the Rock at the minute, so they arent exactly desperate for him at the minute.

Archived