Christian's knackered his ankle

Snitsky's back acne

• Moderators
With Taker, we'll get some supernatural video gubbins for him returning at either the Rumble or Mania, where he'll predictably keep his streak intact

And what's wrong with that? There's no-one in WWE near a position to to take the streak away from him. There's no point wasting it.

With Taker, we'll get some supernatural video gubbins for him returning at either the Rumble or Mania, where he'll predictably keep his streak intact

And what's wrong with that? There's no-one in WWE near a position to to take the streak away from him. There's no point wasting it.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's taken on a life of it's own, and is just predictable, however it's led to some great matches the last few years.

I'd like to see a Wrestlemania storyline written around Taker that's about more than the streak. The one where HBK put his career on the line was particularly good, but was still about the streak.

Give us a storyline where a wrestler has managed to beat Taker at TLC and eliminate him from the Rumble, and has a story behind it. That way, the streaks in jeopardy, and the storyline isn't just "I want to wrestle you as I'm the one who's going to end your streak"

Taker would still win though, as you said, no point ending the streak at this stage. The trick is getting people to believe it could end!

I just want to see a few chances taken. Turning Taker a heel at this stage would be a chance. As would allowing someone on Barretts team to eliminate Orton clean. Biggest chance would be turning Merchandise Machine Cena heel, but that's never going to happen.

Anyway back to the point of the thread, it's not meant to be a Taker thread.

Get well soon Christian, but on the other hand, don't rush back like Edge did a couple of years ago. It took him months to get back to his best

It looked to be the short baseball slide under the legs that turned the ankle, a very similar way to when RVD broke a bone in his leg against Rhino in ECW back in the day.

I like Christian a lot, so hopefully he'll be back and healthy soon. As Gladstone said, stick him in a wheelchair and make the most out of it, he's a great character who should certainly stay on TV if he's healthy enough. He'd be a great colour commentator for a bit too.

• Paid Members

He's sort of been on and off the verge of being a heel stable leader the last few months, sticking him in a wheelie and getting some of his mates to do his bidding for him trying to take out Sheamus only for Sheamus to steamroll them could be fun and continue building on their characters the way they have been recently.

Regarding the Undertakers streak should become about something other than the streak... um, no. It's the best built thing this decade, it's been handled superbly. Even though everyone always says it's predictable that doesn't ever change how great it's become and really, plenty actually do doubt the result. This years top notch 'Mania performance beautifully sowed the seeds of doubt of how long 'Taker can keep the streak alive. And was most certainly a different take on the outcome.

To be fair, you're probably all right, it will be Ziggler and Orton will be the one who beats them on his own, because Vince wont take any kind of risk. (heaven forbid someone like Ziggler, Barratt or Cody could get a clean win over him)

What do you mean by "someone like" them? Orton lost cleanly to Mark Henry twice on PPV in the last couple of months, but I suppose Henry's not white enough for your standards?

To be fair, you're probably all right, it will be Ziggler and Orton will be the one who beats them on his own, because Vince wont take any kind of risk. (heaven forbid someone like Ziggler, Barratt or Cody could get a clean win over him)

What do you mean by "someone like" them? Orton lost cleanly to Mark Henry twice on PPV in the last couple of months, but I suppose Henry's not white enough for your standards?

Whoa, why bring colour into it?!

Henry gets pushed for the same reason Show, Andre etc got pushed, Vince likes his big men. Also, he's not new to headlining, he's been a headliner at various points in his career, in feuds against The Rock, Taker, Angle etc.

I'm talking about making new headline acts, whenever the 3 I've mentioned have been pushed, it was always with making the existing headliner - Cena, Edge, Rey - look better, so that the up and comer has to cheat to win.

Must agree about wheelchair heels, and that Christian can be a great character to have on T.V.

Wheelchair heel greatness: -

Bret being sat alone in his wheelchair and Austin thinking he's got a free shot before the Anvil returned

Vince getting out of his wheelchair to help screw Austin over, and The King calling it a miracle

Angle managing to get his clothes on under his plaster cast!

• Moderators

What? Andre was getting pushed yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears before Vince. He was even in the Guinness Book of Records in 1973 or something as World's highest paid wrestler, and he was a fucking super duper draw wherever he went in the country. Nothing to do with "Vince likes his big men".

Because your "they never let anyone else win" stuff ignored Henry's recent ascent into the main event.

Henry gets pushed for the same reason Show, Andre etc got pushed, Vince likes his big men. Also, he's not new to headlining, he's been a headliner at various points in his career, in feuds against The Rock, Taker, Angle etc.

Well here then:

Cody Rhodes scoring a clean win over, by your standards, someone who counts as a non-new headliner.

I'm talking about making new headline acts, whenever the 3 I've mentioned have been pushed, it was always with making the existing headliner - Cena, Edge, Rey - look better, so that the up and comer has to cheat to win.

Baddies having to cheat to win? That'll never catch on.

Must agree about wheelchair heels, and that Christian can be a great character to have on T.V.

Agreed. I think it could do Christian a world of good as well. Too many episodes of Smackdown start with Christian getting into an argument and brawl with Orton or Sheamus or someone and Teddy Long going "just a minute playas... If we gonna do this, you guys are gonna have a meaningless match tonight that we've already seen a dozen times!" If Christian's injured, that's not an option and they'll have to be more creative with how to use him. So having him be a wheelchair heel would do wonders for building up a match by the time he came back.

• Paid Members

Wheelchair heel greatness: -

Bret being sat alone in his wheelchair and Austin thinking he's got a free shot before the Anvil returned

Vince getting out of his wheelchair to help screw Austin over, and The King calling it a miracle

Angle managing to get his clothes on under his plaster cast!

You're a fucking mentalist!

Archived