Batman: Arkham City

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
Finally got a spare weekend and finished this. Must admit I was a little disappointed with the ending and a bit 'is that it?' with the final boss, but loved the game along the way.

Going to trade it in now while it still has some value for something else. I dont have the patience to do all the riddler stuff if I'm honest. I'll just end up hating it.

I liked fannying around for the Riddler trophies in Asylum, but they're much more fun / annoying this time around especially as you have to work for a lot of them and help develop lateral thinking and combat strategies, for example the RC-Batarang trophies are a massive pain in the arse but are great for timing.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The Deathtrap trophy sets are annoying to work out, though. I've only found 2 so far; how many are there?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And I'm *still* only 40% or so into the game.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got a spare weekend and finished this. Must admit I was a little disappointed with the ending and a bit 'is that it?' with the final boss, but loved the game along the way.

Going to trade it in now while it still has some value for something else. I dont have the patience to do all the riddler stuff if I'm honest. I'll just end up hating it.

I liked fannying around for the Riddler trophies in Asylum, but they're much more fun / annoying this time around especially as you have to work for a lot of them and help develop lateral thinking and combat strategies, for example the RC-Batarang trophies are a massive pain in the arse but are great for timing.

The Deathtrap trophy sets are annoying to work out, though. I've only found 2 so far; how many are there?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

By deathrap trophies, do you mean the hostage rooms where you've got to work out how to save them? There's 6 of those I think.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I finished off New Game Plus over the weekend. Loved it again and now I've got really good at the combat so I'm really enjoying the combat challenge rooms in a way that I never really got from Arkham Asylum. I feel like such a badass taking down dozens of goons.

• Paid Members

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

By deathrap trophies, do you mean the hostage rooms where you've got to work out how to save them? There's 6 of those I think.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I finished off New Game Plus over the weekend. Loved it again and now I've got really good at the combat so I'm really enjoying the combat challenge rooms in a way that I never really got from Arkham Asylum. I feel like such a badass taking down dozens of goons.

The rooms with three trophies and something that kills you when you solve the puzzle conventionally. The two I found were in the subway (with electrified floor) and in the sewers (steam pipes). I've done the first one and can now do the second.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

The rooms with three trophies and something that kills you when you solve the puzzle conventionally. The two I found were in the subway (with electrified floor) and in the sewers (steam pipes). I've done the first one and can now do the second.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Once you get all the gadgets and stuff those rooms are really simple. Trying to do them early on is pretty much suicide.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Ahhhh those. Yeah, they had me fucked for ages too.

• Paid Members

I've only found two of those three-trophy rooms so far. The ending left me a little cold, but

Joker singing during the credits was brilliant.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I've also dropped a bollock - the Question Mark challenge in the Industrial District needs to be completed before you collect the trophy that forms a part of it, and I didn't do that so I now can't get 100% on my first playthrough. Trying to do anything during Protocol 10 was a massive pain as well.

In the Museum I'm trying to get the blast doors open in the fight pit - Can I get to the centre area from behind (through the Torture chamber?) or do I need to turn the electricity back on to charge an RC-Batarang and find a hole to fly it through?

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

NEWZ!

The Game of the Year Edition is out at the end of this month, complete with all of the current DLC, a free download of Batman: Year One, and this.

HQR.jpg

Skweeeeeeeeee.

• Paid Members

Awesome. I'm glad this thread has popped up again, a month or so ago I finally got round to completing Arkham Asylum and now I've just moved on to City and I'm completely hooked. I'm not much of a gamer so I don't know what the expectations of games really are these days but the intricacy, attention to detail and gameplay of both Asylum and City have blown my mind. I'm kicking myself for taking this long to finally play them!Is a third game in the early works?

• 11 months later...

Batman: Arkham Origins announced.

Batman: Arkham Origins will be developed by Warner Bros. Montreal and released in October, it has been revealed.

The new Batman game, which will be unveiled in next month's issue of Game Informer, will launch for PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii U on October 25.

Prior to the events of Arkham City and Asylum, it sees eight of the world's best assassins come together to eliminate Batman.

Featuring enemies such as Deathstroke, it will take place on the "functional" streets of Gotham City on a cold Christmas Eve.

It will be directed by Eric Holmes, whose previous credits include The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.

Its release will coincide with the launch of a handheld title, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Taking place after the events of Arkham Origins, Blackgate will feature 2.5D "Metroidvania" gameplay and release for the 3DS and Vita.

Time Warner confirmed plans to release a new game in the Arkham series during a financial report in February.

Previously discovered domain name registrations include Batman: Arkham Universe, Batman: Arkham Arises and Batman: Arkham Origins.

Hmmmmm....so no Rocksteady this time round..wonder if they're working on a NextGen version of the game.

Normally this would be a must buy however best to wait till the reviews come in, but I have a bad feeling about this...

Archived