Favourite Commentary Quotes

DJ Kris

Jesse the Body and Gorilla Monsoon at Wrestlemania 6

Howard Finkel: "Coming down the aisle, at a total combined weight of 469lbs. The team of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes and Saphirre!

Jesse: Wait a minute Gorilla, wait just a minute. They said with a combined weight of 469lbs? You're telling me that Rhodes only weighs 200?!

Gorilla: Ugh, I didn't hear that Jess.

Jesse: Cos I know damn well that Saphirre weighs 2 and a half!!

Gorilla: I don't know! I'm so wrapped up in the excitement the electricity that's here in the Skydome, i'm not listening to body weights!

Jesse: 565 I might buy but not 465!

*Silence*

That was the one I was going for, just brilliant sniping comments by Jesse.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Jesse the Body and Gorilla Monsoon at Wrestlemania 6

Howard Finkel: "Coming down the aisle, at a total combined weight of 469lbs. The team of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes and Saphirre!

Jesse: Wait a minute Gorilla, wait just a minute. They said with a combined weight of 469lbs? You're telling me that Rhodes only weighs 200?!

Gorilla: Ugh, I didn't hear that Jess.

Jesse: Cos I know damn well that Saphirre weighs 2 and a half!!

Gorilla: I don't know! I'm so wrapped up in the excitement the electricity that's here in the Skydome, i'm not listening to body weights!

Jesse: 565 I might buy but not 465!

*Silence*

What's great about that is I can actually hear Jessie's voice!

I was a huge mark for the Heyman & JR announce team during the Invasion. There was an episode of RAW where a member of the Alliance joins the announce team and JR begins to go on about how disgusted he is with Austin or Shane for a while. Heyman ignores the entire thing and says "Ignore him he's from Oklahoma" and begins speaking to the member of the Alliance.

I would love to watch it again. I thought it was brilliant at the time

"The World Is in Shock McMahon!!!!" - Jerry Lawler after Owen Hart pinned Bret Hart at Wrestlemania X, actually Lawler's performance that night was outstanding.

He was great on this show. Wasn't he just cleared and confirmed as not a rapey paedo not long before? He must have been in great spirits.

On topic, here's one I mentioned in another thread a little while ago:

If there's only one reason why the Alliance footage should be treasured forever, it's because of the world class commentary team of JR and Heyman. An absolutely fabulous dynamic that has tons of great banter and genuinely good wrestling commentary for good measure. For what it's worth, I'm driven to post this due to Heyman inducing a warm laugh from JR (which went against all sorts of character motivations for both guys, Alliance/WWF war or not), with this one-liner.

"9 months his parents had to name him, just to come up with Christian?! That's like my parents calling me Jew!"

He clearly slayed JR with this, who tried to stifle laughter, only for Heyman to call him on it, with "I got you there didn't I JR?!", which he had to rebuff, leading to more banter. Really nice it was.

• Paid Members
He was great on this show. Wasn't he just cleared and confirmed as not a rapey paedo not long before?

Allegedly not a rapey paedo. I'm going to need proof before I believe that one.

He was great on this show. Wasn't he just cleared and confirmed as not a rapey paedo not long before?

Allegedly not a rapey paedo. I'm going to need proof before I believe that one.

Good point, I forgot Google picks up outrageous slanderous lies on here. Phew! Cheers for getting me off the hook there.

Archived