Favourite Commentary Quotes

DJ Kris

• Paid Members

I think we can all agree a good commentary team can really help a show along. I could roll off a bunch of Heenan quotes that would put a smile on most people's faces, but I was thinking, McMahon and Jessie Ventura were an awesome team, Ventura was actually one of, if not the first heel announcer, I loved his work, yet I can't think of 1 single commentary quote of his!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First one that always comes to mind is this gem from Bobby Heenan, when Hogan is making his way to the ring with Real American playing...

Brain: This is my second favourite song of all time

Monsoon: I hate to ask, what's the favourite?

Brain: All the other songs are tied!

:D

• Paid Members
Something i remember Ventura saying which i liked was "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

Yeah, he used to say that alot, but for a guy that was part of 2 excellent teams (working with Monsoon and McMahon) he really doesn't have many memorable lines at all. I feel the need to watch an old PPV with him on now!

I heard a great one from Ventura on a match from 1988 I was watching the other day - it was the one where Rude made a move on Jake's wife. Rude's in the ring asking which of the lady wants a 'Rude Awakening' and Monsoon says something like 'There's a guy down there, who wants one' and Ventura replies 'Don't tell me Paterson is in the building'

Very funny with hindsight.

• Paid Members

For some reason, Bobby Heenan's line '"Have a seat, Ultimate Warrior! Hahahaha!", while Warrior was hit with a chair, cracks me up. He also did it with Taker, and it was just as funny then.

My favourite one, though is from the Junkyard Battle Royale.

Brain: A junkyard is a dangerous place, Tony. Have you ever been in a junkyard?

Schiavone: Yes I have, Brain. Have you?

Brain: No. What the hell were you doing in a junkyard?

I heard a great one from Ventura on a match from 1988 I was watching the other day - it was the one where Rude made a move on Jake's wife. Rude's in the ring asking which of the lady wants a 'Rude Awakening' and Monsoon says something like 'There's a guy down there, who wants one' and Ventura replies 'Don't tell me Paterson is in the building'

This is when I wish the UKFF had a like button.

When I think Ventura, theonly quote I can here him saying is "Shut up Mcmahon".

I think Michael Coles "Anal Bleeding" needs to be mentioned as the most bizare comment of all time!

This is when I wish the UKFF had a like button.

When I think Ventura, theonly quote I can here him saying is "Shut up Mcmahon".

I think Michael Coles "Anal Bleeding" needs to be mentioned as the most bizare comment of all time!

Always remember Jesse at most WMs saying 'hi to Terry, Tyrell and Jade in Minnoesota'. Was only years later I found out they were his wife n kids

One that springs to mind randomly. It was a TNA show about 6 years ago or so, and had Bobby Heenan sitting in with Tenay and Done West. Don West had just said something (predictably) stupid, which I can't actually recall, but the following exchange was great.

Tenay: (laughing) Ah, we'll teach him one day, won't we Brain.

Heenan: (deadpan) No.

It was the delivery from Heenan that made it!

Archived